Olive Garden Italian Restaurants Server Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Wichita, KS).

Interview

Pretty Standard, behavioral questions etc. You usually meet with one of the managers below the general manager for a basic interview screening. If you make it through that interview they either have you interview the same day with the general manager or if they are not available they will reschedule you for another day. Pretty Easy!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Olive Garden Italian Restaurants

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Richmond, VA).

Interview

Came in and was seated in the cafe area until the hiring manager was ready to conduct the interview. Was asked easy questions like tell me about yourself, why should we hire you, and other regular interview questions. The manager loved me, got a tour of the restaurant that day and a start date.

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Bristol, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a 2 interview process. The first interview was basically getting a feel for if you are a good candidate for the job. They basically went over the entire application and double checked details. It was a lot more conversational then the second. The second interview was a little more difficult with a lot of situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you gave a positive customer experience.   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants.

Interview

pretty basics, care more about personality than experience, very easy going, was a first and second interview and you would be offered the job on the second, can take some time before starting though, were happy to work around your schedule, big questions were how your personal or work experiences would or could apply to serving and dealing with customers, really cared about your expectations

Interview Questions

• What do you expect as far as your pay and your day to day experience?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants in May 2015.

Interview

I had one interview with a Hiring manager and a second interview with the General Manager. Both were very sweet however the first interview I had was much more question orientated than the second. He asked me questions such as why did I chose Olive Garden, what are my plans for in the future, weaknesses, etc. I didn't prepare myself well enough for this interview so the first interview didn't go as smoothly as I hoped it would have. However, I was offered a second interview with the General Manager. At the second interview I sat down with the General Manager and she basically did a little small talk then asked me if I had gotten a Peer Tour (I hadn't) so then she called one of the experienced servers and I got my Peer Tour. Once the Peer Tour was over, she told me she would call me the next Monday bc they had recently just hired 2 new people (I interviewed with her on Thursday). I thought I had done a fairly good job to show her my personality and made sure to smile a lot and be very polite but ultimately I wasn't offered the job. I have a lot of respect for this company but I guess the timing just wasn't right.

Interview Questions

• What are your weaknesses?   1 Answer
    • What is one time, at your previous job, that a customer was upset and you helped resolve the situation?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants.

Interview

Quick interview with assistant manager and later the general manager. Experience was good. Managers were pleasant but serious. Examined training process and what would be expected of me. Menu test followed training before starting on the floor.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process started with a phone call. They asked me when I was free and scheduled an interview the next day. I came in and interviewed and they asked me about my past job and what they already knew about me. First interview was pointless it seems. Second interview coming up but they said they can't even get me in until 2 weeks and i applied for a full time position. Person interviewing was very nice and friendly.

Interview Questions

• What is one important thing about waiting on people?   1 Answer

Not enough hours

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Avon, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Avon, IN) in April 2015.

Interview

The process took 5 days. I applied Saturday, and received an email on Thursday to call to set up an interview. I called shortly after receiving the email, and was asked to come in the same day. I arrived, did have to wait quite awhile as they got busy, but was greeted as soon as possible by the manager. He was friendly, and spoke to me as if I was someone he's known awhile. We sat for 10 minutes, and he hired me on the spot.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants in April 2015.

Interview

I applied on line-the process took 20 days.

I applied on line and after 16 days, the assistant manager called me to have a first interview on Friday. After that I had the second interview with GM on the following Monday. GM gave me the job on the end of interview. The process is very quick since they contacted me. They're both very nice people. Performed professional. I'm looking forward to working here!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Lakeland, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online Wednesday got an email Sunday to call for an interview. Went Thursday for my first interview it went well he asked me to meet with the GM on Tuesday and at the end of the interview I was offered a job. Very basic interview just be friendly.