Olive Garden Italian Restaurants Servers Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keene, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Keene, NH).

Interview

Applied on line, got email to call and setup interview. Standard questions from a sheet, your availability, why Olive Garden, was hired on the spot. Orientation was more of a cluster.. Very disorganized. Server training is a week of classroom and shadowing

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a difficult guest, how did you difuse situation   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Other Interview Reviews for Olive Garden Italian Restaurants

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants.

Interview

I applied online and a couple weeks later received an email to set up an interview. There was two separate interviews. Was hired in at the second. The entire process took about a month.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Greensboro, NC).

Interview

It was a good and nice process, the questions were not difficult to me, just a regular interview. My interview was with the general manager of the store. It was quick like I said nothing difficult I wasn't looking for CEO of the company

Interview Questions

• Why you want to work with us?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Baltimore, MD) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was like no other restaurant interview. It began with a group interview. In the group interview we had a wine and spirit mini quiz. Then we were split up and had two manager interviews. I got the job so I must've done well!

Interview Questions

• What characteristics would you look for if you were hiring?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Columbia, SC) in July 2015.

Interview

This was the rudest and most unprofessional interview I was given. I arrived early and had to wait a half hour past my original time to finally be interviewed. During it, he kept leaving to do other stuff and talking over me when I answered questions to reply on his headset and leave. He didn't even pay me mind then set up the second interview. (Basically I passed the first round without doing anything.)

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Olive Garden?   1 Answer
    • How long did you work at the previous job? Why so short? Have you ever worked as a server?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • Ideal work environment?   Answer Question
    • Availability? When can you start?   1 Answer
    • Work experience that would contribute here?   1 Answer

The staff was horrible. From the host who "greeted" me to the manager himself. He's the reason I wouldn't take it--so unprofessional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Wichita, KS).

Interview

Pretty Standard, behavioral questions etc. You usually meet with one of the managers below the general manager for a basic interview screening. If you make it through that interview they either have you interview the same day with the general manager or if they are not available they will reschedule you for another day. Pretty Easy!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Findlay, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Findlay, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

Simple. applied online, got a phone call. The interview mostly went over items on the application so as long as you don't lie when you apply you'll be fine

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Richmond, VA).

Interview

Came in and was seated in the cafe area until the hiring manager was ready to conduct the interview. Was asked easy questions like tell me about yourself, why should we hire you, and other regular interview questions. The manager loved me, got a tour of the restaurant that day and a start date.

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Bristol, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a 2 interview process. The first interview was basically getting a feel for if you are a good candidate for the job. They basically went over the entire application and double checked details. It was a lot more conversational then the second. The second interview was a little more difficult with a lot of situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you gave a positive customer experience.   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants.

Interview

pretty basics, care more about personality than experience, very easy going, was a first and second interview and you would be offered the job on the second, can take some time before starting though, were happy to work around your schedule, big questions were how your personal or work experiences would or could apply to serving and dealing with customers, really cared about your expectations

Interview Questions

• What do you expect as far as your pay and your day to day experience?   Answer Question