Oliver Wyman Associate Interview Questions

3.5

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Oliver Wyman in February 2011.

The interview process began with a quantitative aptitude test (conducted online), which was straightforward and tested high-school level math skills. I continued on to one case-based interview (conducted by phone), which was also straightforward. I was invited to continue on to another case-based interview, but decided not to pursue the opportunity further. Overall, everyone I dealt with was pleasant and helpful.

Interview Questions
  • A pharmaceuticals firm is deciding which of two drugs to continue developing, and which of three markets to sell that drug in.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Oliver Wyman

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Oliver Wyman in December 2010.

As usual First Phone interview and then 1:1 Interview. Cases were of average difficulty. Got a feedback back that I should structure my cases more, but my business acumen was very good. Interviewing again in Jan 2012

Interview Questions
    • A Pharmaceutical Company bought a start up that has come up with a new non-invasive product that can replace the gastroband technology used to reduce weight in Obese people. Tell me the market size, custome segmentation, how to price and the possible risks.   Answer Question
    • An M&A case: whether a Pharmaceutical company should buy a medium size biotech company   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Oliver Wyman in January 2010.

The hiring process was quick. Two rounds of interview, one with local office and another with the office of interest. Total 2 interviews for 45 min each during first round of interview and 5 interviews during the second round, three of which involved partners.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oliver Wyman in October 2008.

Multiple interviews with various levels in the organization senior to me. Overall met/phone interview with 5 partners, 4 associate partners and 2 associates. Partners were more concerned about fit and career switching whereas the others were focused on the case based interview. The cased based interviews are pretty easy to master but you need to spend a bit of time prepping on a framework for how to ask the right questions. Did not feel particularly challenged by any of the subject amtter questions.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to switch to consulting rather than going back to industry?   View Answer
    Negotiation was very strange, rejected the first two offers as too low and finally a higher offer came through.

Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Oliver Wyman in November 2012.

verbal and numercy test

Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Oliver Wyman.

I was given a case interview first and then the behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • The government has decided to decrease the speed limit from 65 miles to 55. How does that affect the individual?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Oliver Wyman in July 2010.

Very organized interview process. 2 Phone interviews, 2 on-site interviews (total of 10 interviews)

Interview Questions
    The firm was professional and reasonable

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England (UK)

The process took a weekinterviewed at Oliver Wyman in October 2009.

Questions very unlike any other consultancy - like GCSE maths. Other consultancies at least make the questions appear relevant to the job. Angles in a circle don't seem to be relevant...

Associate Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oliver Wyman in February 2009.

Friendly interview process. Looks for strong analytical skills and confidence. Need to crack the case during interviews. Important to be able to communicate effectively.

Interview Questions
    • How would you recommend client x about developing a new product y? How much can the company target to achieve in the first year?   Answer Question