Oliver Wyman

Average Difficulty
53 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Consultant

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Oliver Wyman.

Interview Details – Behavior questions like describe a situation when you tackle a problems.. How would you introduce yourself in front of a group of people.

Interview Question – Marketing case   Answer Question

Consultant

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Oliver Wyman in March 2014.

Interview Details – Pretty rigorous selection process. But at the end of it all, I was quite pleased to meet great people who strongly believe in the firm's culture.

Standard interview process: Online submission of application ->Online assessment test (be careful about the test, can make or break your application in first round itself) -> interviews with Associate, Senior Associate, Partner(s)

Interview Question – Estimation cases can be quite challenging so do not undermine their importance   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Oliver Wyman.

Interview Details – Candidates selected were invited to a case-cracking workshop at OW's offices. Round 1 was organized and seamless, and consisted of one case and one fit interview. In Round 2, candidates were flown to OW's Toronto office for a superday. Candidates were rotated in and out of a conference room for different types of interviews: an informational 'non-evaluative' n (yeah right) interview, a fit with an analyst, a straightforward case and a presentation case.

Interview Question – Presentation case: you're given 20 minutes to prepare at the beginning of the superday, after which you're given the chance to present the case to two senior consultants/directors. They walk through the case with you and interject with questions--can be nerve-wracking!   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Oliver Wyman.

Interview Details – Company came for on-campus recruiting. Had a first-round interview on campus. Was invited after a few days to the final round of interviews (yes, just two rounds) at their NYC office. First-round interview had 1 case and 1 behavioral question, around 30 mins each. Final round had 2 cases, 1 behavioral and an opportunity to just chat with a consultant about the life at the firm. I think that was really nice - they say that it has no bearing on your assessment, but I can't be too sure. Also, one of the cases is a presentation case, so you have the opportunity to present your ideas to a panel of two consultants after 30 mins of preparation.

Interview Question – How would you ensure that your predictive model is correct?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Oliver Wyman in September 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through campus recruitment, took online numerical reasoning test. 30 questions, 20 minutes, wrong answers hurt you, and you can skip ones you don't answer.

Interview Question – the whole quiz, practice beforehand   Answer Question

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oliver Wyman in October 2012.

Interview Details – I got involved with the recruiting process on campus. I submitted a resume and cover letter, and was offered a first-round interview where I was given two 30-minute cases. The interview had almost no "fit" components and was spent solving the case. Both of my interviewers were extremely friendly and helpful. I then interviewed in the office where I completed three 45-minute cases and one fit interview.

Interview Question – Be prepared to think on your feet during the cases - I received multiple market sizing questions.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oliver Wyman.

Interview Details – Three round of interviews. 2 x over the phone. 1 x final rounds with multiple partners and senior team members. All cases.

Interview Question – Typical market sizing / profitability case interview questions with varying context (resorts, start-up business).   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Limited room for negotiations.

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Oliver Wyman in February 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through my school's career services website and received a first round interview

Interview Question – First interview involved a written case question. It was somewhat different than a normal case interview. They gave me 5 minutes to brainstorm and then we just had an extended conversation about the case.

Second round was a lot more indepth. There were 3 interviews - 2 cases and a presentation.
  Answer Question

Evanston, IL

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Oliver Wyman in October 2012.

Interview Details – Oliver Wyman did a lot of campus recruiting at my university. I attended several information sessions, including a case interview workshop, and career fairs and had plenty of opportunity to network before applying for the job. Part of the application process was an online timed math/reasoning test. Once I applied, there was another information session and meet-and-greet for applicants. Once I was selected to interview, there was another more informal meet-and-greet with associates at a restaurant in my college town. Networking is very important to them-they value work life quality immensely, and so they want to make sure that people in the company like you and would want to work with you. The interview was a series of two case interviews. I was assigned an "interview buddy" to talk to about case interviews about a week before it took place. I would highly recommended practicing doing cases before the interview.

Interview Question – I don't remember the exact cases we went through.   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Oliver Wyman.

Interview Details – After submitting my application, I had to do a timed numerical test online. There were a lot of questions and I did not complete them all, but managed to snag an interview. First Round interview consisted of two cases. The first case was on what kind of business I would like to open in my college town, and how I would go about it. The second one was trickier, and consisted of market sizing in the context of a health insurance-based case.

Interview Question – How many people in (given) county in Florida do not have health insurance?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Oliver Wyman

Worked for Oliver Wyman? Contribute to the Community!

Oliver Wyman Videos

Oliver Wyman – Why Work for Us?

Oliver Wyman is one of the world’s leading management consultancies. From strategy, operations, and risk management to organizational transformation and leadership development, we work with companies around the world to… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Oliver Wyman Consultant interview questions and advice. All 53 interview reviews posted anonymously by Oliver Wyman employees and interview candidates.