Oliver Wyman

3.9

61 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oliver Wyman.

I applied through on-campus recruiting at a target school. Attended a coffee chat with recruiters and consultants and received a first-round interview. They invited us to a small reception near campus, and the people there were great. The first round included two interviews - one case on entering a new market, and a full 30-minute fit interview. The case was with a partner, and she pushed me pretty hard on questions. The fit wasn't bad at all; just a chance to go through my resume.

Second round was in the Boston office, regardless of which offices you preference. Arrived at 7:45, in the office for three hours. Began with breakfast, then a 30-minute session in which they gave us a case (1 page, front/back) and we had time to prepare our presentation for a later session (which was not immediately after, in my case). Then a one-on-one case (fairly straightforward), a fit, and then the presentation. Ended with an informal Q&A session (non-evaluative). Each session was 30 minutes.

I received my offer that evening. Base rate is the highest I've seen at this level in the industry, and sign-on bonus is the most generous as well. Overall, great experience, very quick and efficient.

Interview Questions
  • We're running a school bus company that school districts can use to run their bus system. How do we expand our reach into school districts that run their own systems?   Answer Question
No negotiation; it's the most competitive in the industry.

Other Interview Reviews for Oliver Wyman

Consulting Interview

APAC office has one HR office who manages every recruiting process However, interviews were done by Korean office people since I got interviewed in Seoul. First round lasted about 2 hours and final round lasted about 4 hours. Lot of typical case questions were asked and they helped me to solve the problem together. However, one partner got very pissed off when I thanked him for this opportunity regardless of the outcome. So be careful!

Consultant Interview

Submit the resume on campus. Two rounds of interviews. The first round is back to back two 30 mins on campus interview. The second round is a half day event, with cases, resume, and case presentation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oliver Wyman in August 2014.

I got an interview from going to a summer reception with Oliver Wyman. A week after the reception, I got an email saying that I had been invited to interview. I then signed up to interview and two people reached out to conduct a 30 minute case and 30 minute fit interview. The most frustrating part about the experience was that it was all conducted by phone in the first round, which is harder than it seems when walking the interviewer through the case. Though the interviewers were very friendly, I felt as though it would have been better having been in person.

My case was about a Medicare plan and whether or not a hospital should institute this cost-savings plan, and if it should implement (generally) new patient technology.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral question: Tell me about a time you had trouble with group dynamics, and what did you do? Another one: What is one quality you see in others that you wish you had yourself (ie. what is a weakness)?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Oliver Wyman.

Behavior questions like describe a situation when you tackle a problems.. How would you introduce yourself in front of a group of people.

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Oliver Wyman in March 2014.

Pretty rigorous selection process. But at the end of it all, I was quite pleased to meet great people who strongly believe in the firm's culture.

Standard interview process: Online submission of application ->Online assessment test (be careful about the test, can make or break your application in first round itself) -> interviews with Associate, Senior Associate, Partner(s)

Interview Questions
    • Estimation cases can be quite challenging so do not undermine their importance   View Answer
    Did not negotiate

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Oliver Wyman.

Candidates selected were invited to a case-cracking workshop at OW's offices. Round 1 was organized and seamless, and consisted of one case and one fit interview. In Round 2, candidates were flown to OW's Toronto office for a superday. Candidates were rotated in and out of a conference room for different types of interviews: an informational 'non-evaluative' n (yeah right) interview, a fit with an analyst, a straightforward case and a presentation case.

Interview Questions
    • Presentation case: you're given 20 minutes to prepare at the beginning of the superday, after which you're given the chance to present the case to two senior consultants/directors. They walk through the case with you and interject with questions--can be nerve-wracking!   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Oliver Wyman.

Company came for on-campus recruiting. Had a first-round interview on campus. Was invited after a few days to the final round of interviews (yes, just two rounds) at their NYC office. First-round interview had 1 case and 1 behavioral question, around 30 mins each. Final round had 2 cases, 1 behavioral and an opportunity to just chat with a consultant about the life at the firm. I think that was really nice - they say that it has no bearing on your assessment, but I can't be too sure. Also, one of the cases is a presentation case, so you have the opportunity to present your ideas to a panel of two consultants after 30 mins of preparation.

Interview Questions
    • How would you ensure that your predictive model is correct?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Oliver Wyman in September 2013.

Applied through campus recruitment, took online numerical reasoning test. 30 questions, 20 minutes, wrong answers hurt you, and you can skip ones you don't answer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oliver Wyman.

Three round of interviews. 2 x over the phone. 1 x final rounds with multiple partners and senior team members. All cases.

Interview Questions
    • Typical market sizing / profitability case interview questions with varying context (resorts, start-up business).   View Answer
    Limited room for negotiations.