Oliver Wyman Entry Level Consultant Interview Questions

3.7

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Oliver Wyman in October 2011.

I applied through on-campus recruiting at my university.
Before the first round interview the company held a presentation session a few hours long with the selected candidates to explain what to expect from case interviews. Then the night before the first round they invited us to a networking event to meet the consultants.
First round consisted of 2 case interviews.
The second round was in Dallas and the company took care of arranging travel and accomodation. The night before the second round we had a dinner to network with the consultants from Dallas.
The second round consisted of 3 case interviews and 1 behavioral interview, each about 45 mins long.
From my interactions with the company I believe that the corporate culture is very welcoming and that the people working in Oliver Wyman are friendly and supportive. I really liked the atmosphere.

Interview Questions
  • Which kind of business would you open? Why?
    What would be the capital expenses involved?
      Answer Question
  • Would you quit your job to open an ice cream stand?
    Why?
      Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Oliver Wyman

Entry Level Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sydney (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oliver Wyman in March 2014.

I applied for the HK office. Got a quick phone interview, but i think it is just a background check thing. Then got invited to take an interview at there sydney office, (I am studying at Sydney). That interview has two one-on-one sessions. The first one is a case based interview, and the second one is a resume based interview. Both interviewers are really nice.

Entry Level Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online - interviewed at Oliver Wyman in November 2012.

Hiring process is the standard strategy consulting process: a CV and cover letter sift, followed by an online numerical test (which is hard, so don't try to answer every question). If you pass this, the first round interview consists of two case interviews and one CV interview. The cases were quite difficult, so make sure you practice. Both cases were very quantitative heavy, so frameworks weren't as helpful as just asking for figures. Feedback was that I should have been more structured, though.

Interview Questions
    • "Your degree seems like a soft subject, explain why it isn't"   Answer Question

Consultant Entry Level Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oliver Wyman.

I applied online and received invite for online test (Lots of practices for this test). Then went thru first round of interviews (2 Case study interview and 1 CV interview). Market size case study and broker compensation model for the second case study. Classic CV interview

Entry Level Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Oliver Wyman in November 2013.

Written MCQ test, verbal and numerical, which are straightforward as a calculator is allowed. If you pass the written test then you get invited to a first round interview, involving a CV and competencies interview for 30 mins and then 2 30 minute cases. If successful there is a follow up interview with senior partners.

Interview Questions
    • My friend wants to run a winner takes all tennis tournament in his village over the next two weeks, with a £6,000 cash prize to the winner. How should he structure it?   Answer Question

Entry Level Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oliver Wyman.

- Resume screening: grades matter (even high school grades), looking for all-rounded people
    - Fit interviews: Half the interviews will be "fit" based. Would we want to work with you? The questions are CV based to evaluate your personality, achievements and attitude
    - Case interviews: Half the interviews will be "case" based. Much more challenging. Advice would be to do a lot of practice as this is where most people fail.
    - You go through about 7 interviews in total, each 30mins.

Interview Questions
    You could negotiate location. I dont think you can negotiate salary as it is standard.

Worked for Oliver Wyman? Contribute to the Community!