Oliver Wyman General Management Consultant Interview Questions

4.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Oliver Wyman in October 2011.

Recruited on campus, final rounds held at office. The first round interviewers from Boston were great. The interviewers in Chicago weren't friendly and didn't seem interested in the candidates.

Other Interview Reviews for Oliver Wyman

General Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Oliver Wyman in February 2013.

Ridiculously hard questions over the phone. Had to solve a whole case over the phone, with me noting down all the information the interviewer was giving me. The interviewer was not a native English speaker, so it was hard for me to understand the exact figures he was giving me. e.g. it was impossible to distinguish between sixty and sixteen.

Interview Questions
    • how many potatoes (in kg) does McDonalds sell in a year in the UK?   Answer Question

General Management Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Oliver Wyman in April 2011.

I found out about the job on Linked In and applied online. They contacted me to take a numerical reasoning test first. The test was pretty difficult and impossible to complete in the alloted time. Not sure what they are looking for here but I was good enough to get the phone interview.

The phone interview was a 30 min case study. I had a pharmaceutical company that had a blockbuster drug and wanted to know if they should expand to China. I have a computer science background so I am not too familiar with case studies. I did some research online to prepare and studied some frameworks but nothing replaces practice. I thought I did ok and I reached the right conclusion, but according to the interviewer I wasn't structured enough and missed some key points. I didn't make it past this round.

Overall the process was good. I like that they give you feedback even if you don't make it to the next round. The feedback was really helpful and I understand exactly what I did wrong and why. The interviewer really knew his stuff as he had actually worked on this case.

Interview Questions
    • A pharmaceutical company wants to expand to China. Should they and what should they expect?   Answer Question