Oliver Wyman

4.0

Analyst - Health and LIfe Sciences Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Oliver Wyman in December 2010.

First a math test, impossible to finish but I made it through.

Then a phone case interview with an analyst, she was very nice and helpful, gave great feedback. The first case was a simple profit loss case.

Then another phone interview with a partner, he was also quite nice and helpful. A little slow to get back to me, but eventually he did.

Took them a few weeks to get back to me to schedule the final round in-office interview. All expenses paid. Went up to NYC, had 3 case interviews and 1 behavioral, all 1:1. The interviewers were alright, I wasn't very impressed but didn't have a big problem with them. One walked out of the interview at one point "for a second" and didn't return for 5 minutes, which was frustrating. Another came off as fairly un-intelligent.

What ticked me off was that they called me literally 10 minutes after I left the office to give me a rejection... I was in a cab trying to catch my flight... and provided no feedback except "you know, the competition." What did they expect putting a college senior up against an MBA, an investment banker, and someone with consulting experience?

Interview Questions
  • On your way in, what did you notice about our office? What does this tell you about how we work?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Oliver Wyman

Health and Life Sciences Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oliver Wyman in October 2009.

Had the opportunity to meet with the team prior to the interview process (that's pretty much how I got the interview, I feel like OW really values social networking and personal fit). Got a request to interview. First rounds were on campus interview, which consisted of two 30-minute case interviews. One thing they value more than social networking/personality fit is how well you do on the case interviews. My suggestion: practice cases questions with friends as much as possible before going in for the case interviews. Practice with friends that have been through the process or friends who are potentially already in the industry.

Interview Questions