Oliver Wyman Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2015

3.4

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oliver Wyman.

Interview

Two separate phone interviews - one case interview and one fit interview. Fit interview was behavioral and focused on typical teamwork questions - ie biggest accomplishments in a team, problem solving as a team, challenge facing a team. Also one market sizing type question. Case interview was much harder and rather than being a typical operational question, was focused on taxes and government regulations.

Interview Questions

• The case interview covered how the government might recoup lost tax dollars from tax evasion.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Oliver Wyman

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oliver Wyman (Charlottesville, VA).

Interview

I applied through on campus recruiting and received a first round invitation within a week. First round interviews involved two back-to-back 30 minute sessions - one with a case led by a consultant and another behavioral interview with a partner. Second/final round included another behavioral component with 2 partners and a presentation instead of a case (had to look at case materials for 30 minutes and gave presentation to partners).

Interview Questions

• Healthcare case: Why do you think hospitals in Silicon Valley use a pay by service model?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Oliver Wyman (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and found out a few weeks later that I was selected for an interview. First Round: Two 30-minute phone interviews, both conducted by alumni of my school. One behavioral interview, and one case interview. They really weren't that difficult, but by this point I had done 8+ interviews with consulting firms and was really in my groove. Case was interviewee-led. Final Round: One 60-minute in-person presentation/interview. First, you are given a prompt and a few slides and have 30 minutes to prepare a presentation, then 2-3 consultants/partners from Oliver Wyman come in and listen to your presentation (in the instructions, it says your presentation should be 10-15 minutes, but I don't even think mine lasted 10, and I still got the offer). You are also given a whiteboard and encouraged to use it for your presentation. I would really recommend doing this, and having most of your stuff already written out before your interviewers come in, but leave some things (like maybe key numbers) blank to fill in as you are giving your presentation. Use color to organize things! As always with presentations, make sure you have a story that logically connects everything you did/thought about/wrote on the whiteboard. I would recommend that you remain standing for the presentation, and also for the questions they ask you after you're done with your initial presentation. I only sat down once it was my turn to ask questions about Oliver Wyman. In general, the cases weren't that hard and were not super data driven. They want you to make reasonable assumptions and just run with what you're given. Definitely have a plan for what you would have liked to do, if given more time, or what other information you would have found valuable too.

Interview Questions

• • Why consulting? • Why Oliver Wyman? • Just general stuff about my personality, and how I behave in teams etc. Do your research and know what they're looking for so that you can say the right things!   Answer Question

Application

Interview

I come from a non-target school so the interview process happened over the course of 2-3 weeks. I did two phone interviews during the first week -- one case, one behavioral. I received a call back after around 4 days, and flew in for a final round the following week.

Interview Questions

• I had never done a phone case interview, so it is definitely worth making sure you can communicate clearly over the phone.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Oliver Wyman.

Interview

applied through campus recruiting, pre-interview meeting was a sort of round table q&a. the interview itself was a 30 min fit interview and 30 min case. the case was about a university thinking about offering a different tuition plan

Interview Questions

• fit interview was more just a conversation, a bit of a non-traditional case that was challenging to structure   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Oliver Wyman (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Applied through campus career website. One phone interview and one interview at Oliver Wyman. The interview was a mix of fit and case questions.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Oliver Wyman (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

Friendly and very thorough interview process. But if you mess up once it really counts even if you recover. They also try to stress you out a bit during the fit interview. But don't panic.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Oliver Wyman (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

The hiring process was very accommodating and informative. Great organization, and they were really great at keeping in touch.

Interview Questions

• Estimate the percentage of the US which is covered by man-made structures.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Istanbul (Turkey)

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Oliver Wyman (Istanbul (Turkey)) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied through online and I just had my interview today, it was a bit hard. There were 2 case questions followed by a numerical test evaluation (30 question 20 mins). I am waiting for their response

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Oliver Wyman (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online and did the numerical test, then it took several weeks to schedule a first phone interview (with a manager) and after that 3 weeks for the second phone interview (with a principal). The process ended there for me but I think there are 3 interviews with consultants in total and one with the HR. I have never seen a process that long and burdensome. Casual consulting interview, fit questions, market sizing and small business case.

Interview Questions

• It is christmas eve, you are a manager of a toy store and your cash register system is broke. What do you do?   Answer Question