Oliver Wyman

Updated Dec 8, 2014

3.5

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oliver Wyman.

I come from a non-target school so the interview process happened over the course of 2-3 weeks. I did two phone interviews during the first week -- one case, one behavioral. I received a call back after around 4 days, and flew in for a final round the following week.

Interview Questions
  • I had never done a phone case interview, so it is definitely worth making sure you can communicate clearly over the phone.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Oliver Wyman

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Oliver Wyman.

applied through campus recruiting, pre-interview meeting was a sort of round table q&a. the interview itself was a 30 min fit interview and 30 min case. the case was about a university thinking about offering a different tuition plan

Interview Questions
    • fit interview was more just a conversation, a bit of a non-traditional case that was challenging to structure   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Oliver Wyman in January 2013.

Applied through campus career website. One phone interview and one interview at Oliver Wyman. The interview was a mix of fit and case questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Oliver Wyman in February 2012.

Friendly and very thorough interview process. But if you mess up once it really counts even if you recover. They also try to stress you out a bit during the fit interview. But don't panic.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Oliver Wyman in February 2011.

The hiring process was very accommodating and informative. Great organization, and they were really great at keeping in touch.

Interview Questions
    • Estimate the percentage of the US which is covered by man-made structures.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Oliver Wyman in October 2014.

I applied online and did the numerical test, then it took several weeks to schedule a first phone interview (with a manager) and after that 3 weeks for the second phone interview (with a principal). The process ended there for me but I think there are 3 interviews with consultants in total and one with the HR. I have never seen a process that long and burdensome. Casual consulting interview, fit questions, market sizing and small business case.

Interview Questions
    • It is christmas eve, you are a manager of a toy store and your cash register system is broke. What do you do?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

The process was very good , with 2 interviews in each round. It was basically based on solving market sizing questions on the first round and the second round it was a bit more challenging.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Oliver Wyman in September 2014.

Applied in June 2014 to the internship program in London and a few other Western European office. Four weeks later, invited to take online numerical test. This test is relatively difficult but I would advise reviewing much more than high school math (algabra, geometry, simultaneous equations etc).

Four weeks following, the portal update to say I would be invited for a first interview. A week after this, contacted by the HR person. First round interview finally set for early September (1 CV/behavioural; 1 Case). Behavioural interview nothing more than a conversation with a few behavioural-esque questions thrown in (so nothing to worry about). Case was different; no emphasis on structuring, more on general thinking capacity/ problem solving (i.e. not much you prepare, so also nothing to worry about).

Invited for Second Round two weeks following. Meant to be 1 CV and another Case; turned out effectively to be 2 behavioural interviews. Once again, nothing remarkable about either. First had a lot of typical, boring CV questions (below) which was a bit of a disappointment as up until this point the firm really gave of the impression of being a bit better than the usual HR nonsense.

Response came two weeks after this.

In review, the overall process was quite pleasant. The people are interesting and very likable. However, the process took way, way too long - literally as long from application to outcome as the actual length of the contract I was applying for. This detracted from, and doesn't really bode well for, what otherwise seemed like a great company to work for, because it felt like you're not taken seriously.

Interview Questions
    • Case involving the insurance business, reinsurance and common (systematic) risk   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Oliver Wyman in June 2014.

Submitted my CV online and was asked to complete an online numerical exam. The numerical exam consists of GMAT style questions and a time limit. After that I had a first round phone interview - market sizing case- and was passed to the second round. Second round consisted of a market sizing case as well. Both interviews were over the phone.

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Oliver Wyman.

There are 2 first round interviews and 3 final round interviews including cv review, around 3 case studies, etc. The interviews are one-on-one and are done by consultants, usually very young. Interviewers are nice and will share their own experiences. Cases are kind of non-traditional and therefore requires little preparation. The HR will give feedback very quickly and the process is smooth.

Interview Questions
    • Some estimation questions related to statistics.   View Answer
    None