Oliver Wyman

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oliver Wyman.

Interview Details – I come from a non-target school so the interview process happened over the course of 2-3 weeks. I did two phone interviews during the first week -- one case, one behavioral. I received a call back after around 4 days, and flew in for a final round the following week.

Interview Question – I had never done a phone case interview, so it is definitely worth making sure you can communicate clearly over the phone.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Oliver Wyman.

Interview Details – applied through campus recruiting, pre-interview meeting was a sort of round table q&a. the interview itself was a 30 min fit interview and 30 min case. the case was about a university thinking about offering a different tuition plan

Interview Question – fit interview was more just a conversation, a bit of a non-traditional case that was challenging to structure   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Oliver Wyman in January 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through campus career website. One phone interview and one interview at Oliver Wyman. The interview was a mix of fit and case questions.

Interview Question – How many turkeys are sold on Thanksgiving in the US?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Oliver Wyman in February 2012.

Interview Details – Friendly and very thorough interview process. But if you mess up once it really counts even if you recover. They also try to stress you out a bit during the fit interview. But don't panic.

Interview Question – Why don't you go to law school?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Oliver Wyman in February 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process was very accommodating and informative. Great organization, and they were really great at keeping in touch.

Interview Question – Estimate the percentage of the US which is covered by man-made structures.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online and interviewed at Oliver Wyman.

Interview Details – There are 2 first round interviews and 3 final round interviews including cv review, around 3 case studies, etc. The interviews are one-on-one and are done by consultants, usually very young. Interviewers are nice and will share their own experiences. Cases are kind of non-traditional and therefore requires little preparation. The HR will give feedback very quickly and the process is smooth.

Interview Question – Some estimation questions related to statistics.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None

Munich (Germany)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Oliver Wyman.

Interview Details – Invited to numerical testing. Upon successful completion three individual one-on-one case interviews with three different people. Standard FIT interviews precedes every case interview. People are very friendly and want to get to know your motivations for consulting and Oliver Wyman.

Interview Question – Why consulting?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Interviewed at Oliver Wyman

Interview Details – 3 one to one case interviews with partner, senior manager and manager.

Interview Question – How a bank should set interest rate for a loan: which factors to take into account etc.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Oliver Wyman.

Interview Details – Application, online math assessment, two case-based interviews

Interview Question – Why don't you plot the data onto a graph for me.   View Answers (2)

Madrid (Spain)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oliver Wyman in March 2012.

Interview Details – The online test is the hardest ever, but they know that it is impossible to do it all, so do not worry about not completing some questions. However, focus on not getting any wrong questiones.

Interview Question – The persona interview had two parts: the personal one with the HR and the business case with a consultant. The first one was ok, but the business case was not a business case at all. They guy simply asked me "This morning, I have read in a newspaper that an A-380 can be more fuel-efficient that a car. Can you verify if it is truth or not?" Then he left for 15 min and came back with a coffee. I got stuck in some part of the problem, but, since he was not there, no guidance was offered.
Honestly, I did not like the way OW treat people.
  Answer Question

Worked for Oliver Wyman? Contribute to the Community!