Oliver Wyman Internship Interview Questions

3.6

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman.

Interview

I did the math test in January. The interviews were conducted in October. There were three interviews, two of which were with partners. The whole process, from first interview to offer, took one week and a half.

Interview Questions

• There a 7 balls and a scale. One of the balls weighs less than the 6 others. How do you go about finding it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Oliver Wyman

İnternship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Istanbul (Turkey)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman (Istanbul (Turkey)) in May 2013.

Interview

Cv interview was pretty short, interview just wanted to tell me about muself and asked a few questions on what i told her. She quickly passed to case interview which suprised me because i was expecting some more questions she did not push me with questions. Case interview was awful i did bot understand what was expected question was so ambigues and i did not know a thing about the situation told in case

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman in May 2013.

Interview

I was asked two cases in the interview. One was about investment in local city bank specializing in SME loan. The other was operational problem for one super market. The two interviewers were really nice.

Interview Questions

• The first case was more difficult, which you needed to pick the core issue or key driver.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman (London, England (UK)) in February 2011.

Interview

The interview consisted of one group task, 3 case study interviews and 1 CV interview. There was also lunch provided and an opportunity to speak to a number of recent graduate recruits to the firm. The group task had 8 people in, and lasted one hour. We split into pairs with each pair given one task. We had to read through some data, and try and find the key bits of information. Then we had to present what we had found to the rest of the team, and to someone from Oliver Wyman who was asking an the team manager. In the CV interview, I was asked to expand on parts of my CV, and asked general competency questions. The case study interviews all started with a general chat, sometimes about my CV, or just other questions. Then we worked through one particular case, which took about 20 mins. All the interviews were, in total, about 30 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• Tell me your 3 biggest weaknesses.   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman (London, England (UK)) in March 2010.

Interview

The people at Oliver Wyman are very laid back and down to earth. I had 3 interviews in the first round (2 case interviews and 1 CV interview) and one math test. The math test was really hard since you only had about 30 seconds for each question and it took at least 15 seconds just to understand many of the questions. I only scored about 50 % but it was enough. In the second round I had 3 case interviews. One of the case interviews was a brain teaser where the interviewer was more interested in how I structured my thinking than the actual answer itself. The brain teaser was really hard. I later tested it on 4-5 other students. Nobody came up with the right answer.

Interview Questions

• What is the profit of the Starbucks coffee shop across the street?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Remember that the Oliver Wyman culture really is different from many other firms. Some of the interviewers met me in T-shirts and were really friendly. Just relax and do your best.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman in February 2010.

Interview

You start with verbal and numerical reasoning tests, which are full of fairly easy questions but are made difficult by negative marking (+1 for right answer, -1 for wrong answer) and time pressure (30 questions in 20 minutes). Be sure to practice some of the verbal reasoning tests in particular; this really helps improve your speed. About 80-90% are apparently cut after they look at combined test scores and CVs. The rest move on to a final interview day, with four one-on-one interviews. Three of these are case study interviews, while one is CV-focused - prepare the usual questions for the CV interview, for the case studies I'd again take a look at practice materials on the web but there's only so much you can do to improve your innate ability in this area. All the interviewers were very friendly, and gave the impression that 'fit' with the firm was very important to them when making selections. For the general management consultancy track there is also a group exercise.

Interview Questions

• You're going to rob a bank. The only thing in the vault is bundles of cash (£ and euros), and your exit route only allows you to take away as much as you can carry. Can you steal enough to retire on?   Answer Question