Oliver Wyman

192 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Executive Assistant Interview

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Oliver Wyman in March 2014.

Interview Details – Initial screen on Wed., 7 back to back interviews on Fri., verbal offer on Monday! Very fast!

Interview Question – Mostly standard questions. Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No need for negotiations. I was pleased with the original offer.

Summer Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oliver Wyman.

Interview Details – I applied online and was emailed for a phone interview. The process took about 1 month, applied in December and got notified by end of January. I did not have business background, so the interviewer specifically told me that he was not going to ask me very tricky questions. However, it turned out that he specialized in stock market, which I knew little about.

Interview Question – How can I improve the profitability of a stock trading company?   Answer Question

Consultant

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Oliver Wyman in March 2014.

Interview Details – Pretty rigorous selection process. But at the end of it all, I was quite pleased to meet great people who strongly believe in the firm's culture.

Standard interview process: Online submission of application ->Online assessment test (be careful about the test, can make or break your application in first round itself) -> interviews with Associate, Senior Associate, Partner(s)

Interview Question – Estimation cases can be quite challenging so do not undermine their importance   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oliver Wyman.

Interview Details – I come from a non-target school so the interview process happened over the course of 2-3 weeks. I did two phone interviews during the first week -- one case, one behavioral. I received a call back after around 4 days, and flew in for a final round the following week.

Interview Question – I had never done a phone case interview, so it is definitely worth making sure you can communicate clearly over the phone.   Answer Question

Junior Consultant Interview

Junior Consultant
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oliver Wyman in January 2012.

Interview Details – Found offer through campus recruitment site. Applied for an international position and was invited to a telephone interview shortly thereafter. After countless case-phone interviews by consultants that I wouldn't even be working with, I was finally invited to an office for a day of interviews. After passing those, I was invited to an interview day in office that I applied for. Thought it went well but didn't do well in case interview conducted in my non-native language and did not get offer. The interviews themselves were standard cases, but the length of the process I don't believe is cost efficient for them. And time-wise, it's expensive for applicants.

Interview Question – Standard cases.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Oliver Wyman.

Interview Details – applied through campus recruiting, pre-interview meeting was a sort of round table q&a. the interview itself was a 30 min fit interview and 30 min case. the case was about a university thinking about offering a different tuition plan

Interview Question – fit interview was more just a conversation, a bit of a non-traditional case that was challenging to structure   Answer Question

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Oliver Wyman.

Interview Details – Candidates selected were invited to a case-cracking workshop at OW's offices. Round 1 was organized and seamless, and consisted of one case and one fit interview. In Round 2, candidates were flown to OW's Toronto office for a superday. Candidates were rotated in and out of a conference room for different types of interviews: an informational 'non-evaluative' n (yeah right) interview, a fit with an analyst, a straightforward case and a presentation case.

Interview Question – Presentation case: you're given 20 minutes to prepare at the beginning of the superday, after which you're given the chance to present the case to two senior consultants/directors. They walk through the case with you and interject with questions--can be nerve-wracking!   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Oliver Wyman in January 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through campus career website. One phone interview and one interview at Oliver Wyman. The interview was a mix of fit and case questions.

Interview Question – How many turkeys are sold on Thanksgiving in the US?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Palo Alto, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oliver Wyman in January 2014.

Interview Details – Got an on campus interview.

Interview Question – Some behavioral questions, but talked a lot about my resume. My work experience is not too strong, so it did not go too well.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Oliver Wyman.

Interview Details – Company came for on-campus recruiting. Had a first-round interview on campus. Was invited after a few days to the final round of interviews (yes, just two rounds) at their NYC office. First-round interview had 1 case and 1 behavioral question, around 30 mins each. Final round had 2 cases, 1 behavioral and an opportunity to just chat with a consultant about the life at the firm. I think that was really nice - they say that it has no bearing on your assessment, but I can't be too sure. Also, one of the cases is a presentation case, so you have the opportunity to present your ideas to a panel of two consultants after 30 mins of preparation.

Interview Question – How would you ensure that your predictive model is correct?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Oliver Wyman

Worked for Oliver Wyman? Contribute to the Community!

Oliver Wyman Videos

Oliver Wyman – Why Work for Us?

Oliver Wyman is one of the world’s leading management consultancies. From strategy, operations, and risk management to organizational transformation and leadership development, we work with companies around the world to… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Oliver Wyman interview questions and advice. All 192 interview reviews posted anonymously by Oliver Wyman employees and interview candidates.