Oliver Wyman

3.7

Full-time Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Oliver Wyman.

Started with an Info-session on campus, usual schmooze. They love themselves and their product and were really working the sell for some reason in the presentation. A mix of normal guys and overbearing intellects, all sharp though. First round was a market-sizing and fit interview, second round was a math oriented case, another fit, and a presentation case. I would recommend doing one of those before the second round, they take a little getting used to. Nice people, nice process all around, wish I had got an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was terribly difficult to answer, although in my presentation I don't think I laid out my strategy as clearly as I could have.   Answer Question

Entry Level Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Oliver Wyman in October 2014.

Applied through on-campus recruiting. Was chosen for a first-round interview which took place on campus. The interview Was an hour long. First half hour was the case interview with a consultant. It was an interesting profitability framework case. The second half hour was a behavioral interview with a different consultant.
    The interview process was great. Everyone was nice and friendly. They got back to me the same day offering constructive criticism and ways I could improve for future interviews.
    The entire process seems to be very fast and efficient. Apparently, the entire process from first round interview to an offer takes a week.

Interview Questions
    • Imagine you are an Oliver Wyman consultant and you have been invited to a dinner party with some clients. How would you answer if you were asked by ones of these clients: "What makes you unique?"   Answer Question

Full Time Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Oliver Wyman.

I was invited to an early round interview that happened before school started/campus recruiting. I was caught by surprise since the interview was requested for within two days I received the email and the final round would happen the next week. The interview happened over the phone. I didn't pass the first round interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me something that is not on your resume? Tell me about a company you admire.
      Oncology client case

Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Great process. Very very efficient!
    Applied online as well as flagged my resume through a current employee. Got a call after 4 days by the HR.
    First phone screen by HR about resume.
    Then, 2 phone interviews back to back. One fit and one case + industry knowledge
    Final round had one fit, one panel discussion and one 1:1 case interview.

Great process. I really liked the people I met. Although i was looking for a specific industry they tested by consulting skills across they board along with asking industry specific questions to gauge my knowledge

Interview Questions
    • - Panel discussion on long term strategy for Amazon prime.
       - 1:1 case on banks and risk involved with various finance products like mortgages, credit cards auto-loans etc. small quant problem at the end of the case.
       - phone interview included a small case to gauge estimated impact of oncology products patent loss expected in next 5 years

Answer Question

I got another offer from one of the top 4 firm which I decided to take.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oliver Wyman in August 2014.

I got an interview from going to a summer reception with Oliver Wyman. A week after the reception, I got an email saying that I had been invited to interview. I then signed up to interview and two people reached out to conduct a 30 minute case and 30 minute fit interview. The most frustrating part about the experience was that it was all conducted by phone in the first round, which is harder than it seems when walking the interviewer through the case. Though the interviewers were very friendly, I felt as though it would have been better having been in person.

My case was about a Medicare plan and whether or not a hospital should institute this cost-savings plan, and if it should implement (generally) new patient technology.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral question: Tell me about a time you had trouble with group dynamics, and what did you do? Another one: What is one quality you see in others that you wish you had yourself (ie. what is a weakness)?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Oliver Wyman.

Behavior questions like describe a situation when you tackle a problems.. How would you introduce yourself in front of a group of people.

Summer Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oliver Wyman.

I applied online and was emailed for a phone interview. The process took about 1 month, applied in December and got notified by end of January. I did not have business background, so the interviewer specifically told me that he was not going to ask me very tricky questions. However, it turned out that he specialized in stock market, which I knew little about.

Interview Questions
    • How can I improve the profitability of a stock trading company?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oliver Wyman.

I come from a non-target school so the interview process happened over the course of 2-3 weeks. I did two phone interviews during the first week -- one case, one behavioral. I received a call back after around 4 days, and flew in for a final round the following week.

Interview Questions
    • I had never done a phone case interview, so it is definitely worth making sure you can communicate clearly over the phone.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Oliver Wyman in March 2014.

Initial screen on Wed., 7 back to back interviews on Fri., verbal offer on Monday! Very fast!

Interview Questions
    • Mostly standard questions. Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question
    No need for negotiations. I was pleased with the original offer.

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Oliver Wyman in March 2014.

Pretty rigorous selection process. But at the end of it all, I was quite pleased to meet great people who strongly believe in the firm's culture.

Standard interview process: Online submission of application ->Online assessment test (be careful about the test, can make or break your application in first round itself) -> interviews with Associate, Senior Associate, Partner(s)

Interview Questions
    • Estimation cases can be quite challenging so do not undermine their importance   View Answer
    Did not negotiate