Oliver Wyman

Updated Feb 26, 2015
Updated Feb 26, 2015

3.7

Summer Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oliver Wyman.

I applied online and was emailed for a phone interview. The process took about 1 month, applied in December and got notified by end of January. I did not have business background, so the interviewer specifically told me that he was not going to ask me very tricky questions. However, it turned out that he specialized in stock market, which I knew little about.

Interview Questions
    • How can I improve the profitability of a stock trading company?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Oliver Wyman in March 2014.

Initial screen on Wed., 7 back to back interviews on Fri., verbal offer on Monday! Very fast!

Interview Questions
    • Mostly standard questions. Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question
    No need for negotiations. I was pleased with the original offer.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oliver Wyman.

I come from a non-target school so the interview process happened over the course of 2-3 weeks. I did two phone interviews during the first week -- one case, one behavioral. I received a call back after around 4 days, and flew in for a final round the following week.

Interview Questions
    • I had never done a phone case interview, so it is definitely worth making sure you can communicate clearly over the phone.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Oliver Wyman in March 2014.

Pretty rigorous selection process. But at the end of it all, I was quite pleased to meet great people who strongly believe in the firm's culture.

Standard interview process: Online submission of application ->Online assessment test (be careful about the test, can make or break your application in first round itself) -> interviews with Associate, Senior Associate, Partner(s)

Interview Questions
    • Estimation cases can be quite challenging so do not undermine their importance   View Answer
    Did not negotiate

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Oliver Wyman.

applied through campus recruiting, pre-interview meeting was a sort of round table q&a. the interview itself was a 30 min fit interview and 30 min case. the case was about a university thinking about offering a different tuition plan

Interview Questions
    • fit interview was more just a conversation, a bit of a non-traditional case that was challenging to structure   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Oliver Wyman.

Candidates selected were invited to a case-cracking workshop at OW's offices. Round 1 was organized and seamless, and consisted of one case and one fit interview. In Round 2, candidates were flown to OW's Toronto office for a superday. Candidates were rotated in and out of a conference room for different types of interviews: an informational 'non-evaluative' n (yeah right) interview, a fit with an analyst, a straightforward case and a presentation case.

Interview Questions
    • Presentation case: you're given 20 minutes to prepare at the beginning of the superday, after which you're given the chance to present the case to two senior consultants/directors. They walk through the case with you and interject with questions--can be nerve-wracking!   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Oliver Wyman.

Company came for on-campus recruiting. Had a first-round interview on campus. Was invited after a few days to the final round of interviews (yes, just two rounds) at their NYC office. First-round interview had 1 case and 1 behavioral question, around 30 mins each. Final round had 2 cases, 1 behavioral and an opportunity to just chat with a consultant about the life at the firm. I think that was really nice - they say that it has no bearing on your assessment, but I can't be too sure. Also, one of the cases is a presentation case, so you have the opportunity to present your ideas to a panel of two consultants after 30 mins of preparation.

Interview Questions
    • How would you ensure that your predictive model is correct?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oliver Wyman in January 2014.

Got an on campus interview.

Interview Questions
    • Some behavioral questions, but talked a lot about my resume. My work experience is not too strong, so it did not go too well.   Answer Question

Management Consulting Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Oliver Wyman.

Invited to take assessment tests, which were difficult. Knowledge of algebra and geometry is helpful.

Management Consulting Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Oliver Wyman in October 2013.

Applied with cover letter and resume. Had one pre interview meeting and then had an official interview. The interview was 30 minutes of a case - which was relatively straightforward - and then a 30 minute fit interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me one time you wanted something and how you got it.   Answer Question