Oliver Wyman

Updated Nov 24, 2014
Updated Nov 24, 2014

3.7

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Oliver Wyman.

Candidates selected were invited to a case-cracking workshop at OW's offices. Round 1 was organized and seamless, and consisted of one case and one fit interview. In Round 2, candidates were flown to OW's Toronto office for a superday. Candidates were rotated in and out of a conference room for different types of interviews: an informational 'non-evaluative' n (yeah right) interview, a fit with an analyst, a straightforward case and a presentation case.

Interview Questions
    • Presentation case: you're given 20 minutes to prepare at the beginning of the superday, after which you're given the chance to present the case to two senior consultants/directors. They walk through the case with you and interject with questions--can be nerve-wracking!   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Oliver Wyman.

Company came for on-campus recruiting. Had a first-round interview on campus. Was invited after a few days to the final round of interviews (yes, just two rounds) at their NYC office. First-round interview had 1 case and 1 behavioral question, around 30 mins each. Final round had 2 cases, 1 behavioral and an opportunity to just chat with a consultant about the life at the firm. I think that was really nice - they say that it has no bearing on your assessment, but I can't be too sure. Also, one of the cases is a presentation case, so you have the opportunity to present your ideas to a panel of two consultants after 30 mins of preparation.

Interview Questions
    • How would you ensure that your predictive model is correct?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oliver Wyman in January 2014.

Got an on campus interview.

Interview Questions
    • Some behavioral questions, but talked a lot about my resume. My work experience is not too strong, so it did not go too well.   Answer Question

Management Consulting Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Oliver Wyman.

Invited to take assessment tests, which were difficult. Knowledge of algebra and geometry is helpful.

Management Consulting Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Oliver Wyman in October 2013.

Applied with cover letter and resume. Had one pre interview meeting and then had an official interview. The interview was 30 minutes of a case - which was relatively straightforward - and then a 30 minute fit interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me one time you wanted something and how you got it.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Oliver Wyman in October 2013.

This process started at my university's career fair. I met recruiters and handed them my resume, and then proceeded to apply online. A week later, I was offered to take the quantitative analysis test online. This is a test conducted online and you are given a restricted time to answer math/logic based questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Oliver Wyman.

Applied through on campus recruiting. Generally nice and efficient interview process. Two 30 minute interviews, one completely fit and another half fit half case study. Case was not particularly challenging.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Oliver Wyman in September 2013.

Applied through campus recruitment, took online numerical reasoning test. 30 questions, 20 minutes, wrong answers hurt you, and you can skip ones you don't answer.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Oliver Wyman.

Phone interview. Two sizing cases, 25 minutes each. No fit questions in first round phone interviews; may be different in person.

Team Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Oliver Wyman in August 2013.

The first round of interviews was pleasant. However, they used pre-formulated questions that were somewhat behavioral, but not difficult.
    The second round of interviews was when they started asking for negative information from you, such as personalities you worked with in the past, or work activities you dislike doing.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell me about a time when you lost money for your company, or made a similar terrible mistake. What did you do and how did you fix it?   View Answer