Oliver Wyman

Updated Dec 21, 2014
Updated Dec 21, 2014

3.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Oliver Wyman in February 2013.

Applied through my school's career services website and received a first round interview

Interview Questions
    • First interview involved a written case question. It was somewhat different than a normal case interview. They gave me 5 minutes to brainstorm and then we just had an extended conversation about the case.

Second round was a lot more indepth. There were 3 interviews - 2 cases and a presentation.

Answer Question

Summer Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Oliver Wyman in January 2013.

Interview consisted of 2 30 minute back to back case questions. One was extremely open ended and the interviewer guided you through it. The second was purely number crunching. Oliver Wyman really looks for people who can breeze through case questions and really doesn't care much about fit.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Oliver Wyman in January 2013.

Applied through campus career website. One phone interview and one interview at Oliver Wyman. The interview was a mix of fit and case questions.

Financial Services Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Oliver Wyman in January 2013.

Went to semi-target school, applied through website

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Oliver Wyman.

After submitting my application, I had to do a timed numerical test online. There were a lot of questions and I did not complete them all, but managed to snag an interview. First Round interview consisted of two cases. The first case was on what kind of business I would like to open in my college town, and how I would go about it. The second one was trickier, and consisted of market sizing in the context of a health insurance-based case.

Interview Questions
    • How many people in (given) county in Florida do not have health insurance?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oliver Wyman.

I submitted my resume to the Oliver Wyman website and received an email shorty after saying that to proceed with the interview process, I had to take an online "numerical reasoning test." The test was 20 minutes long with 30 questions that were similar to the SAT math section (the harder questions, of course). After that, I was passed on to the next round, which was a phone interview. I completed a total of 4 phone interviews over the course of a few weeks. Each interview was the same: 5 minutes of chatting and then a 25 minute case interview. After it was over, I would receive a call that night telling me I had made it to the next round.

For the final interview, it was an in office interview day/weekend. The night before the in office interviews, there was a meet and greet dinner followed by drinks. The next day, the in office interviews consisted of 3 case interviews and 1 resume interview.

Interview Questions
    • It was an upstream oil and gas case given by a partner. I was not at all familiar with the oil and gas industry and had a hard time understanding the hand drawn chart that I was given. The partner asked about potential profitable upstream ventures as well as a possible buy out of a smaller oil and gas upstream production company.   Answer Question

Management Consulting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oliver Wyman.

I interviewed with Financial Services through my school's recruiting process. You need to take a timed online quantitative test but I saw no evidence that your score matters (I answered fewer than 10 questions.) Throughout the pre-interview reception the people seemed brilliant yet all the more incredibly down-to-earth and laid-back. There were two back-to-back first round interviews, one case and one fit. The case was very different from typical structured cases--it was much more open-ended, big-picture thinking. That evening they called to congratulate me on making it to second rounds one week later in New York. That time they included a case presentation in front of a panel with 30 minutes to prepare, along with one normal case and one resume-based interview. The next day a partner made another personal phone call to congratulate me on receiving an offer.

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oliver Wyman in October 2012.

I got involved with the recruiting process on campus. I submitted a resume and cover letter, and was offered a first-round interview where I was given two 30-minute cases. The interview had almost no "fit" components and was spent solving the case. Both of my interviewers were extremely friendly and helpful. I then interviewed in the office where I completed three 45-minute cases and one fit interview.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to think on your feet during the cases - I received multiple market sizing questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Oliver Wyman in October 2012.

Oliver Wyman did a lot of campus recruiting at my university. I attended several information sessions, including a case interview workshop, and career fairs and had plenty of opportunity to network before applying for the job. Part of the application process was an online timed math/reasoning test. Once I applied, there was another information session and meet-and-greet for applicants. Once I was selected to interview, there was another more informal meet-and-greet with associates at a restaurant in my college town. Networking is very important to them-they value work life quality immensely, and so they want to make sure that people in the company like you and would want to work with you. The interview was a series of two case interviews. I was assigned an "interview buddy" to talk to about case interviews about a week before it took place. I would highly recommended practicing doing cases before the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Oliver Wyman in October 2012.

Applied through campus recruiting. Took a quantitative exam after submission of application before given an interview. Very straightforward process and everyone is very willing to help you out. Interview was 2 30min case, not much time at the end to ask questions. Be very comfortable with large amounts of data.

Interview Questions
    • New healthcare plan that changes hospital revenues - assess the possible change in revenue   Answer Question