Oliver Wyman

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oliver Wyman in January 2012.

Interview Details – Found offer through campus recruitment site. Applied for an international position and was invited to a telephone interview shortly thereafter. After countless case-phone interviews by consultants that I wouldn't even be working with, I was finally invited to an office for a day of interviews. After passing those, I was invited to an interview day in office that I applied for. Thought it went well but didn't do well in case interview conducted in my non-native language and did not get offer. The interviews themselves were standard cases, but the length of the process I don't believe is cost efficient for them. And time-wise, it's expensive for applicants.

Interview Question – Standard cases.   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oliver Wyman.

Interview Details – I applied for a position as Junior Consultant in June 2014 through the Oliver Wyman website. I completed the online tests (maths and reasoning) one week later. The tests were quite difficult (a lot of the maths questions can be found on the internet beforehand, though). Got a negative answer after 10 days.

Interview Question – I would say the critical reasoning questions in general (as I am not an english native speaker).   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Oliver Wyman in January 2014.

Interview Details – written test + 1st round intervew
process is really fast, happened within one week.
3 case + compentency

Junior Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oliver Wyman.

Interview Details – Applied online and followed up two weeks later after not hearing back. I was told that only one office was hiring at my position and given a phone interview for the Dallas office. Was given a market sizing case on which I did not perform very well. I was contacted within two hours and told that I would not have another interview.

Interview Question – Market sizing case question   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

Interview Details – The interviews themselves were not different from the average consulting interview - 15min competency based questions and 15-30min business case discussion. The tests preceding the first round of interviews are much more difficult that the usual IB online tests. There are no samples on the internet, while the best preparation might be GMAT type of questions with no data interpretation. The test also has negative grading, so my advice is to put a big emphasis on test preparation.

Interview Question – The famous truck company entered the emerging market. Why are they under-performing relatively to local players?   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Oliver Wyman in January 2012.

Interview Details – Invited for a numerical and verbal reasoning test at the company's offices in London. Each consisted of 30 multiple choice with 20 min time limit. Numerical test much harder than expected (I personally solved only 10 questions). Verbal reasoning slightly easier (solved 22). Passed first stage and invited for a case study interview a week later.
The interview included talking to two different consultants. Somewhat casual approach from both interviewers so no need to panic.

Interview Question – Market sizing of amount of savings in the UK by individual depositors.   View Answer

Worked for Oliver Wyman? Contribute to the Community!