Oliver Wyman

3.6

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Entry Level Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Oliver Wyman in October 2014.

Applied through on-campus recruiting. Was chosen for a first-round interview which took place on campus. The interview Was an hour long. First half hour was the case interview with a consultant. It was an interesting profitability framework case. The second half hour was a behavioral interview with a different consultant.
    The interview process was great. Everyone was nice and friendly. They got back to me the same day offering constructive criticism and ways I could improve for future interviews.
    The entire process seems to be very fast and efficient. Apparently, the entire process from first round interview to an offer takes a week.

Interview Questions
    • Imagine you are an Oliver Wyman consultant and you have been invited to a dinner party with some clients. How would you answer if you were asked by ones of these clients: "What makes you unique?"   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oliver Wyman in October 2012.

Recruiting process was very quick: total of 3 weeks since the initial application to the company website. Two 1st round interviews on-campus, and four 2nd round interviews (3 cases + 1 fit).

Interview Questions
    • Market sizing question of a very specific, niche prescription drug.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Oliver Wyman in February 2011.

The interview process began with a quantitative aptitude test (conducted online), which was straightforward and tested high-school level math skills. I continued on to one case-based interview (conducted by phone), which was also straightforward. I was invited to continue on to another case-based interview, but decided not to pursue the opportunity further. Overall, everyone I dealt with was pleasant and helpful.

Interview Questions
    • A pharmaceuticals firm is deciding which of two drugs to continue developing, and which of three markets to sell that drug in.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Oliver Wyman in December 2010.

Applied online and was asked to take an online math test that was easy but quite lengthy given the time allotted - I suspect that accuracy, not finishing was key here as I did not come anywhere close to finishing but still managed to snag a phone interview.

The first phone interview was a garden variety case study, and they called me up later that day to tell me that I would be proceeding on to the second round phone interview, and plenty of feedback was provided. One annoying feature to all of this is that you are given very little notice before setting up the interview times, which can be difficult to manage if you have a full-time job. The second phone interview was a great case study involving market sizing and a bottoms-up approach to calculating the margins on a retail business. Fantastic stuff.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Oliver Wyman in June 2010.

Two initial phone interviews, 45 minutes each, majority of time spent on the case. Was made invitation to continue at the end of each phone interview. Was invited to a super day and interviewed alongside 3 other candidates, 4 interviews, 3 cases, 1 fit. Received a no offer call within 2 hours of leaving for the interview. Good feedback though.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most challenging part of [insert resume activity]?   Answer Question