Oliver Wyman

Relevance Date Difficulty

Consultant Interview

Consultant
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oliver Wyman in October 2012.

Interview Details – Recruiting process was very quick: total of 3 weeks since the initial application to the company website. Two 1st round interviews on-campus, and four 2nd round interviews (3 cases + 1 fit).

Interview Question – Market sizing question of a very specific, niche prescription drug.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Oliver Wyman in June 2010.

Interview Details – Two initial phone interviews, 45 minutes each, majority of time spent on the case. Was made invitation to continue at the end of each phone interview. Was invited to a super day and interviewed alongside 3 other candidates, 4 interviews, 3 cases, 1 fit. Received a no offer call within 2 hours of leaving for the interview. Good feedback though.

Interview Question – What was the most challenging part of [insert resume activity]?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Oliver Wyman in December 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online and was asked to take an online math test that was easy but quite lengthy given the time allotted - I suspect that accuracy, not finishing was key here as I did not come anywhere close to finishing but still managed to snag a phone interview.

The first phone interview was a garden variety case study, and they called me up later that day to tell me that I would be proceeding on to the second round phone interview, and plenty of feedback was provided. One annoying feature to all of this is that you are given very little notice before setting up the interview times, which can be difficult to manage if you have a full-time job. The second phone interview was a great case study involving market sizing and a bottoms-up approach to calculating the margins on a retail business. Fantastic stuff.

Associate Interview

Associate
San Francisco, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Oliver Wyman in February 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process began with a quantitative aptitude test (conducted online), which was straightforward and tested high-school level math skills. I continued on to one case-based interview (conducted by phone), which was also straightforward. I was invited to continue on to another case-based interview, but decided not to pursue the opportunity further. Overall, everyone I dealt with was pleasant and helpful.

Interview Question – A pharmaceuticals firm is deciding which of two drugs to continue developing, and which of three markets to sell that drug in.   Answer Question

Worked for Oliver Wyman? Contribute to the Community!