Oliver Wyman

Updated Sep 16, 2014

4.0

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Consultant Interview

Great process. Very very efficient!
Applied online as well as flagged my resume through a current employee. Got a call after 4 days by the HR.
First phone screen by HR about resume.
Then, 2 phone interviews back to back. One fit and one case + industry knowledge
Final round had one fit, one panel discussion and one 1:1 case interview.

Great process. I really liked the people I met. Although i was looking for a specific industry they tested by consulting skills across they board along with asking industry specific questions to gauge my knowledge

Interview Questions
  • - Panel discussion on long term strategy for Amazon prime.
     - 1:1 case on banks and risk involved with various finance products like mortgages, credit cards auto-loans etc. small quant problem at the end of the case.
     - phone interview included a small case to gauge estimated impact of oncology products patent loss expected in next 5 years

Answer Question

I got another offer from one of the top 4 firm which I decided to take.

Other Interview Reviews for Oliver Wyman

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Oliver Wyman in April 2012.

By far the most professional and efficient company I have interviewed with yet. I went through an initial screener with a partner, who then put me in touch with HR. I then took an online qualitative test and got past that. Next, they schedule a case interview over the phone with a Sr. Consultant. After getting past that step, I had another case interview over the phone, this time with a manager. Both cases were pretty straight forward and I was surprised to see how little math each of them had. After that, they scheduled the final round interview on site. This consisted of 4 different interviews, 2 case and 2 fit. The fit were very basic with no real surprises or hard questions. However, the cases were VERY specific to the healthcare industry for which I was interviewing. One was inpatient operations and the other population health. Having never worked in either of these settings within the healthcare industry, I struggled with each of them. In the past, every case interview I have done was set up in a way that you did not have to be familiar with the industry they take place in. However, I don't see how someone could have got through either of these without having prior knowledge or experience in the field. I got the call about 3 hours after the final interview and was told I wasn't getting an offer. Very disappointing, but I can respect the speed at which they moved and OW's HR staff actually responding to emails and correspondence.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oliver Wyman in September 2011.

Interview process for an experienced hire is (1) a round with an HR representative, (2) a final round of 3+ interviews. They are playing with the interview structure a bit (more a panel), but you can expect an all fit interview (regular interview questions) and a case interview.

Interview Questions
    • Case interview questions are specifically geared to be logic based than test background knowledge. There are no brain teasers, no quick mental math, or "how many golfballs in a boeing.." questions. Case questions do ask you to be structured in your thoughts and analysis.   Answer Question