Oliver Wyman

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Palo Alto, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oliver Wyman in January 2014.

Interview Details – Got an on campus interview.

Interview Question – Some behavioral questions, but talked a lot about my resume. My work experience is not too strong, so it did not go too well.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Oliver Wyman.

Interview Details – Phone interview. Two sizing cases, 25 minutes each. No fit questions in first round phone interviews; may be different in person.

Interview Question – Sizing market for prenatal drugs   Answer Question

Cambridge, MA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Oliver Wyman in February 2013.

Interview Details – I recruited through my college's recruiting system. I had to take some online math test, you can google it to get a sense of what it might be like, and even though I skipped a lot of questions and wasn't sure about the ones I answered, I still got an interview, so I don't think the test is too important. They paired me up with a buddy who was really friendly who even took time out of his day to give me a practice interview over the phone. On the day of the interview, they probably had about 100 students interview throughout the day, and I had two 30 minute interviews. The first one the guy was not that chill and seemed bored, but the case was pretty easy. The second interview, the lady was really friendly but the case was about healthcare and pretty difficult. They told me later that night at around 7 PM that I had not made it, but gave me good feedback and that I should practice more cases.

Interview Question – The first interview was about a start up company that paired personal trainers with clients over Skype. They asked what standards they could group the different clientele by.

The second interview question was about healthcare (which I know nothing about) and was a lot more difficult.
  Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Oliver Wyman in October 2011.

Interview Details – Pretty standard consulting process: networking events on campus, then resume and cover letter drop and then the interview. The interview was pretty standard, first round 2 cases and 2 behavioral questions (standard of why consulting and then going through my resume - fair game). Cases were not very hard and the interviewers were very helpful with walking me through them. I got a call back for next round, but decided not to continue with the process due to unrelated reasons. Overall it was a good process experience and I got a positive impression of the company.

Interview Question – Case question: your friend jut inherited $300,000 and wants to open up an ice cream store. Should she do that?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Oliver Wyman

Worked for Oliver Wyman? Contribute to the Community!

Oliver Wyman Videos

Oliver Wyman – Why Work for Us?

Oliver Wyman is one of the world’s leading management consultancies. From strategy, operations, and risk management to organizational transformation and leadership development, we work with companies around the world to… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Oliver Wyman Summer Analyst interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Oliver Wyman employees and interview candidates.