Oliver Wyman Summer Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

3.3

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Palo Alto, CA
Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oliver Wyman in January 2014.

Got an on campus interview.

Interview Questions
  • Some behavioral questions, but talked a lot about my resume. My work experience is not too strong, so it did not go too well.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Oliver Wyman

Summer Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Oliver Wyman.

Phone interview. Two sizing cases, 25 minutes each. No fit questions in first round phone interviews; may be different in person.

Anonymous Employee  in  Cambridge, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Oliver Wyman in February 2013.

I recruited through my college's recruiting system. I had to take some online math test, you can google it to get a sense of what it might be like, and even though I skipped a lot of questions and wasn't sure about the ones I answered, I still got an interview, so I don't think the test is too important. They paired me up with a buddy who was really friendly who even took time out of his day to give me a practice interview over the phone. On the day of the interview, they probably had about 100 students interview throughout the day, and I had two 30 minute interviews. The first one the guy was not that chill and seemed bored, but the case was pretty easy. The second interview, the lady was really friendly but the case was about healthcare and pretty difficult. They told me later that night at around 7 PM that I had not made it, but gave me good feedback and that I should practice more cases.

Interview Questions
    • The first interview was about a start up company that paired personal trainers with clients over Skype. They asked what standards they could group the different clientele by.

The second interview question was about healthcare (which I know nothing about) and was a lot more difficult.
        Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Oliver Wyman in October 2011.

Pretty standard consulting process: networking events on campus, then resume and cover letter drop and then the interview. The interview was pretty standard, first round 2 cases and 2 behavioral questions (standard of why consulting and then going through my resume - fair game). Cases were not very hard and the interviewers were very helpful with walking me through them. I got a call back for next round, but decided not to continue with the process due to unrelated reasons. Overall it was a good process experience and I got a positive impression of the company.

Interview Questions
    • Case question: your friend jut inherited $300,000 and wants to open up an ice cream store. Should she do that?   View Answer

Worked for Oliver Wyman? Contribute to the Community!