Oliver Wyman Summer Consultant Interview Questions

4.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Oliver Wyman in January 2013.

Interview consisted of 2 30 minute back to back case questions. One was extremely open ended and the interviewer guided you through it. The second was purely number crunching. Oliver Wyman really looks for people who can breeze through case questions and really doesn't care much about fit.

Other Interview Reviews for Oliver Wyman

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oliver Wyman in February 2011.

Oliver Wyman had 2 interview rounds. The first round involved one case interview and one behavioral interview. My case interview with OW was the first case interview of my life, and I think that worked in my favor. People tend to over-prepare for cases and that's not good because if you over-prepare, you tend to think only in terms of the frameworks and cases that you've read about and do not apply any creativity or original thinking. The behavioral interview was a standard resume-based interview. For this one, make sure you know your resume really well and that you're not lying about anything on your resume. The second round was on campus. It involved 4 case interviews (back-to-back) and one behavioral interview. Pretty much the same advice applies here but I learned something very important about my resume here. On your resume, make sure that you have at least one thing that you are extremely passionate about (or that makes you really stand out). During one of my case interviews, the partner who was interviewing me saw a research project on my resume and he was so intrigued by it that we ended up talking about the project for a good 10-15 minutes (even though we only had 30 minutes in total for the case). It was during the second round interviews that I fell in love with OW. I loved each one of my interviewers and we also got the chance to speak with a lot of fresh recruits. They were all very nice and polite. Oliver Wyman is prestigious, yet it's not as big as McKinsey or BCG. And I like the sort of small company feel to it.

Interview Questions
    • I always find behavioral interviews harder. One question I was asked was, "What are 3 qualities that you think you possess will make you fail as a consultant"?   Answer Question

Summer Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oliver Wyman in October 2011.

Started with a standard resume, cover letter, and transcript submission. Then I had to take a timed online mathematical and reasoning test. First round interviews were held at my university and consisted of two 30-minute case interviews. I soon got a call inviting me to second round interviews which were held in Toronto. They took us all out to dinner the night before and put us up in a hotel for the night. Second round interviews consisted of 3 case interviews and one resume interview. Overall, everyone I met was pleasant and approachable and it was a very enjoyable recruitment process.

Interview Questions
    • Your rich uncle wants to give you $1,000,000 to start a McDonald's franchise and run it yourself. Should you accept this proposal?   View Answer