Oliver Wyman Summer Intern Interview Questions

3.4

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Summer Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oliver Wyman.

I applied online and was emailed for a phone interview. The process took about 1 month, applied in December and got notified by end of January. I did not have business background, so the interviewer specifically told me that he was not going to ask me very tricky questions. However, it turned out that he specialized in stock market, which I knew little about.

Interview Questions
  • How can I improve the profitability of a stock trading company?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Oliver Wyman

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Oliver Wyman in February 2013.

Applied through my campus recruiting website. They came to the university the week before to do a case workshop - it was very helpful, and I recommend going if you get the interview (or if not). The first round was a phone interview, two 25-minute cases, and no fit questions. This may not be the norm however because we had a snow storm that prevented the interviewers from coming to campus. Seems like usually there is 1 fit, 1 case. Cases were pretty straight forward, but got a call at 5 pm that day saying I didn't make it through to the next round - very efficient process

Interview Questions
    • One case question was estimating the sales of flowers on V-day in the US, another was a healthcare profit-loss case about a hospital.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Oliver Wyman in February 2011.

Had two sections - behavioral and then case
    Behavioral was rather straightforward, simple fit questions (including why OW?)
    Case was vague, the question was: how does a bank make money?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Oliver Wyman in February 2010.

Interview call from a resume drop on college job board.
    Company invited all shortlisted candidates for a networking session night before interview
    Next day had two 30 min 1:1 case interviews in the afternoon and then got a call in the evening with result
    The interviewers were very friendly and helpful throughout the process. I also received feedback on areas of improvement and reasons of why I wasn't given an offer which was quite helpful. One of the interviewers offered to keep in touch and help prepare cases in the future. Overall I found it to be a good learning experience with the networking event allowing me to interact with atleast 10 different associates and a couple of partners too.

Interview Questions
    • Case question: Determine how to increase revenues for the owner of private ATM machines   View Answers (2)
    • Case 2: Evaluate market entry strategy into the airline wifi business.   View Answer

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

I applied online – interviewed at Oliver Wyman in March 2013.

By applying through company's the website, I was called in for interviews. The interviews were broken into 3 rounds with total of 6 interviews. Interviews basically covered 3 behavioral questions and 3 case interviews(open-ended questions and market-sizing). For the case interview, they focused more on the market-sizing.

Interview Questions
    • Difficult question was how many bottle of shampoos will be sold in North Korea if a company enters into North Korean Market. And what are the constriants and how to make the assumption more reasonably?   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Oliver Wyman in February 2010.

First sat a numerical test - the maths was very easy but it's basically impossible to finish all the questions on time, and they penalise you for incorrect answers and I think they reward you for making no mistakes. You need to pass the test in order to move onto the second round, which consisted of a group interview where we had to solve a business case and present it to some consultants, three case interviews and a CV interview. Case interviews weren't too difficult but varied a LOT from interviewer to interviewer - one was more of an informal chat on price discrimination (in relation to Tesco mobile), another just wanted me to do maths. In the CV interview the interviewer presented a case involving a PR scandal and asked how I'd handle the situation, in the role of the director of the firm under (true) accusations - however after talking to other interviewees it seems like my interviewer was the only one who did this.

Interview Questions
    • Imagine you are the director of a hospital which the press has described as a 'health hazard'. Suppose that this is true - the cleaning company you use is currently involved in a number of scandals, however you are legally bound to it for 7 years. How would you deal with the situation?   View Answers (2)