Oliver Wyman Summer Internship Interview Questions

4.5

Summer Internship Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman.

Interview

I applied to one of their Asian offices (Singapore). I was attracted by Asia's growth possibilities. The company has a global staffing practice so their consultants are very international and mobile. I had 3 interviews over the phone as I am based in London. 2 were with consultants and one with a more senior partner. The HR was very efficient and got back to me quickly between recruitment stages. I did not specify whether I wanted the financial services route or general management consulting route but I think the Singapore office is a FS consulting office.

Interview Questions

• Analysing the factors to consider when launching a new reverse mortgages product in the USA (market sizing, risk analysis) If I were to ask everyone in London what the population of the world would be in 1000 years, what would the spread of answers be? what does the graph look like (peaks, slope etc) The Indian Government wants to know why there is a water shortage in india? Discuss. More graph analysis to describe trends/patterns   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Oliver Wyman

Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in January 2013.

Interview

The written test is composed of two parts: numerical and verbal. Numerical test is very basic business calculation. Verbal test is a lot harder, more like GMAT critical reasoning. I did not finish both, finished around 23 questions on numerical and 17 questions on verbal. The difficult thing is the firm uses negative marking. You would be better off focusing on correctness other than speed.

Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman (London, England (UK)) in February 2010.

Interview

The people seemed young and energetic, theoffice is in a pretty flashy business park on baker street. The tests were relatively dificult, but the time constraint made it very tough.

Interview Questions