Olson Interview Questions

2.2

PR/Marketing/Social/Creative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Olson in August 2014.

Contacted a little over a week after applying online. Got a phone call saying this position was going to have interviews at the beginning of the following week, final interviews by the end of the week, then start the next Monday- so the entire interviewing process would be one week long. I had a phone interview at the beginning of the next week with a recruiter in Minneapolis (the position interviewed for was in San Francisco). Interviewer was very flaky with questions and gave mixed signals throughout the interview which I thought was strange for an initial interview. Questions focused more on my college coursework than my relevant work experience or what kind of skills I have or worker I am. Since the job posting was very vague, I asked about the job responsibilities and what a typical day would look like. The recruiter didn't know how to answer this- she said she believed there was some research and writing involved, but wasn't sure. I don't know how she is supposed to determine which candidates are right for a role when she doesn't even know what the role does, or how to answer that simple question. At the end of the interview, she said I would hear back in a week and a half to two weeks. I was a little confused because I thought the job was starting before that but again, she wasn't sure. She asked me to email her writing samples, which I did, along with a letter of recommendation and references. I never heard back so after two weeks I followed-up reiterating my interest. It has now been another month and I never heard anything back, not even an automated response.

Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Olson.

Typical process -- screening interview with HR, then a block of interviews with the team.

Dev/Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Olson in April 2014.

Applied and was sent an automated response. Then a recruiter followed up with an email for phone interview. The recruiter couldn't even get on the phone at the right time to accomplish a phone interview. Olson is considered the pinnacle of agencies, and I just laughed and laughed that they couldn't even be on top of a simple phone interview. After the second reschedule, I just said my good graces and withdrew. lol.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, just an easy answer to move on after realizing Olson has seriously lost a step.   View Answer

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Olson in January 2013.

Very chill