Olympia Sports Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2014

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Olympia Sports

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Olympia Sports.

Got an application from the store, filled it out, they called in 3-4 days and I was interviewed 3 days later. They called 2 days later offering me the job.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was probably "When was a time where you went above and beyond what was expected of you?"   Answer Question

Associate Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Olympia Sports.

I had a lot of experience in sporting goods retail management so the interview was a breeze.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't find the interview to be difficult or have unexpected questions   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Olympia Sports.

my interview was a long time ago so things have changed on there interview process. they will really only hire manager trainees and part time help from outside the company. they post jobs on craigslist for trainees. what they are looking for in the interview is will they be freindly and outgoing and be able to live up to the customer service expectations of the store. depending on who interviews they will call you whether yoyu got the job or not, but most likely they will only call you if you get the job. basically if you know a little about sports and and smile and be outgoing you have a good chance at getting the job.

Interview Questions
    • when was the last time you went out of your way for someone   Answer Question

Manager Trainee Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Olympia Sports.

Questions are asked about the following subjects: Loss Prevention, Customer Service, Selling Techniques, Task Utilization, and Outgoing Personality. Once the interview has concluded, a job description of the position in question is outlined for the interviewee. At which point, the interview is concluded.

Interview Questions
    • Name an instance where you had to forgo a company policy in order to give exceptional customer service?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Olympia Sports in November 2012.

Handed my application in and then a week later to come in for an interview. Arrived 10 minutes early got taken right to the back and started the interview. Was very laid back and a comfortable experience asked me about 15 questions of a sheet. Told me hed check my refrences and give me a call back. I got the call the next day that i was hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Presque Isle, ME
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Presque Isle, ME

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Olympia Sports in November 2011.

The interview was a copy and paste. Manager was trying to intimidate from the first minute of the interview. All questions are your typical packet. Who manager had a hard time doing the interview. With anyone who didnt seem intimidated by mngr. Mngr sat on desk to have the ability to look down over the job applicant. Even to the point they left the interview crying.

Interview Questions
    no negotiation. no communication untill the day before they expected me to start. flat rate of pay based on what they thought was a average rate for the area.

Manager Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Olympia Sports in November 2011.

I met with the District Manager at the store I was applying to. While that was fine, I never got the opportunity to meet the store manager until my first day of work. The questions were basic interview questions, nothing out of left field or anything like that.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were very basic interview style questions. Knowing my resume and work history got me through the interview just fine   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase. This is your job title and what you are going to be paid, and because we are a growing company, you should be able to be a store manager within 6 months (which did happen btw)

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Skowhegan, ME
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skowhegan, ME

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Olympia Sports in May 2010.

I arranged a date for an interview on the phone. When I showed up a few days later, I followed the assistant manager into a back room where the interview began. He looked over my application and kind of went over some of the things I had put down and questioned my customer service skills and talked about their philosophy. He then asked me about 10 questions regarding the job and responsibilities. The whole process took probably only 20 or 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Scenario: A well known, long time customer comes in and wants a cash refund for a product he had bought but didn't have his receipt. You tell him you can only give him store credit but he pushes for a cash receipt because he has been a long time, loyal customer. What do you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Waterford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterford, CT

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Olympia Sports in January 2009.

Submit a neatly written and completely filled out application.
    Meet with store manager.
    Interview with District manager.
    You will be given a list of questions that includes a lot of "would you be willing to do this?" types of questions... Say Yes.

The remainder of the interview will ask you questions which are designed to ascertain if you will:

-Fight with your CoWorkers
    -Stay for a long time
    -Be able and willing to sell products

Prepare stories for how you:

-Resolved a conflict with a previous coworker
    -Told someone in a position of authority how someone was breaking the rules
    -Were successful creating or leading a team
    -You are a dedicated person who wants to work hard and be part of a team
    -Did everything you were ever asked to do

Manager Trainee Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Olympia Sports in July 2010.

Interview Questioneer followed by a 1 on 1 interview

A number of questions custromer service related

Also there are questions about leadership and motivation.

The process is well organized and they are looking to make sure you are being honest

The interview is followed by a background check and by calling your references

Interview Questions
    The pay is not negotiable but is fair and the benefits package and employee discount are excellent

Worked for Olympia Sports? Contribute to the Community!