Olympia Sports Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2015

1.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Olympia Sports

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Olympia Sports.

Interview

Got an application from the store, filled it out, they called in 3-4 days and I was interviewed 3 days later. They called 2 days later offering me the job.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was probably "When was a time where you went above and beyond what was expected of you?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, RI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Olympia Sports (Middletown, RI) in June 2014.

Interview

The store manager does the interviews and asks a few questions for protocol purposes. In reality, of the manager approves of you from the beginning, the interview questions are pretty irrelevant.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiate the pay you desire. If you feel you are worth more, than make that verbal.

Associate Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Olympia Sports.

Interview

I had a lot of experience in sporting goods retail management so the interview was a breeze.

Interview Questions

• Didn't find the interview to be difficult or have unexpected questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Penfield, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Olympia Sports (Penfield, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

It was a very quick interview. Very basic interview questions were asked and the interview took no more than 15 minutes. It was one on one with the District Sales Manager which was nice and was not a group interview.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Olympia Sports.

Interview

my interview was a long time ago so things have changed on there interview process. they will really only hire manager trainees and part time help from outside the company. they post jobs on craigslist for trainees. what they are looking for in the interview is will they be freindly and outgoing and be able to live up to the customer service expectations of the store. depending on who interviews they will call you whether yoyu got the job or not, but most likely they will only call you if you get the job. basically if you know a little about sports and and smile and be outgoing you have a good chance at getting the job.

Interview Questions

• when was the last time you went out of your way for someone   Answer Question

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Olympia Sports.

Interview

Questions are asked about the following subjects: Loss Prevention, Customer Service, Selling Techniques, Task Utilization, and Outgoing Personality. Once the interview has concluded, a job description of the position in question is outlined for the interviewee. At which point, the interview is concluded.

Interview Questions

• Name an instance where you had to forgo a company policy in order to give exceptional customer service?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Olympia Sports in November 2012.

Interview

Handed my application in and then a week later to come in for an interview. Arrived 10 minutes early got taken right to the back and started the interview. Was very laid back and a comfortable experience asked me about 15 questions of a sheet. Told me hed check my refrences and give me a call back. I got the call the next day that i was hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Presque Isle, ME

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Olympia Sports (Presque Isle, ME) in November 2011.

Interview

The interview was a copy and paste. Manager was trying to intimidate from the first minute of the interview. All questions are your typical packet. Who manager had a hard time doing the interview. With anyone who didnt seem intimidated by mngr. Mngr sat on desk to have the ability to look down over the job applicant. Even to the point they left the interview crying.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation. no communication untill the day before they expected me to start. flat rate of pay based on what they thought was a average rate for the area.

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Olympia Sports in November 2011.

Interview

I met with the District Manager at the store I was applying to. While that was fine, I never got the opportunity to meet the store manager until my first day of work. The questions were basic interview questions, nothing out of left field or anything like that.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were very basic interview style questions. Knowing my resume and work history got me through the interview just fine   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. This is your job title and what you are going to be paid, and because we are a growing company, you should be able to be a store manager within 6 months (which did happen btw)

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Skowhegan, ME

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Olympia Sports (Skowhegan, ME) in May 2010.

Interview

I arranged a date for an interview on the phone. When I showed up a few days later, I followed the assistant manager into a back room where the interview began. He looked over my application and kind of went over some of the things I had put down and questioned my customer service skills and talked about their philosophy. He then asked me about 10 questions regarding the job and responsibilities. The whole process took probably only 20 or 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Scenario: A well known, long time customer comes in and wants a cash refund for a product he had bought but didn't have his receipt. You tell him you can only give him store credit but he pushes for a cash receipt because he has been a long time, loyal customer. What do you do?   Answer Question