Olympic College Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2015

2.4

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Olympic College in December 2014.

Interview

Streamlined scheduling process through e-mail. Person setting up/responding very timely in responses. Panel interview with four members of the staff was balanced between interviewers. Heavy on behavioral interview questions. Relevant questions to position. Timing was right on 45 minutes for interview length. Sent thank you notes to all of the panel within 24 hours of the interview. Prior to interview had set up an informational interview with another Executive Assistant who was very helpful about explaining general types of job duties and work culture. Received an e-mail notifying that I was not selected and that another candidate was chosen for position. A good process to be a part of.

Interview Questions

• E-mail was sent requesting a task that was a timed response. I was given three hypothetical situations that I was to draft a e-mail response to. From the time I received the assignment to when they needed the response was one hour total. I received the e-mail at 2:00 pm and had to have my answer back to them by 3:00 pm.   Answer Question

Math Tutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bremerton, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Olympic College (Bremerton, WA) in April 2014.

Interview

I emailed the head of the tutoring center with my qualifications and was directed to apply online. Directly after, a meeting was set up and I came and talked with the head of the tutoring center in person. I was overqualified for the position, so I was hired immediately. On my first day, I went through a one hour long "on boarding" or new-hire session with an HR person. I had to send HR an official copy of my transcript for my bachelor's degree.

Interview Questions

• I had 2+ years experience working as a stats/math tutor at a 4 year university. I was asked about what math and stats classes I had taken and which I had tutored before. That was pretty much it.   Answer Question

IT Help Desk Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bremerton, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Olympic College (Bremerton, WA) in October 2012.

Interview

It was a regular student employee position and it was open to all students that were currently enrolled in the IT discipline. The school IT Director did the one on one interview and the questions were centered on basic troubleshooting procedures since it was what the job entailed.

Interview Questions

• One of the unexpected questions I was asked was whether I had any problems taking orders from a person of the opposite gender.   Answer Question

Help Desk Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bremerton, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Olympic College (Bremerton, WA) in January 2011.

Interview

I was recommended by a friend and got an interview. The questions were simple and mainly consisted of things you might expect on an A+ cert exam. Most of the interview was checking to see how well you would fit into the culture.

Interview Questions

• Describe your troubleshooting process for a networked printer that will not print.   Answer Question

IT Help Desk Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Olympic College (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in June 2012.

Interview

It took 3 days first HR then Admin & Technical