Olympic Steel

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Any Interview

Any

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Olympic Steel in May 2014.

Interview Details – A lot of difficult questions and job skills that were not listed on job posting. Expect begin teaser questions and detailed computer hardware test questions. The bar is set really high on this job to meet qualifications. Exceptional skill sets required so if you are exceptional you won't have any problems. If you are just good then skip this interview and look elsewhere.

Sales Interview

Sales

Interviewed at Olympic Steel

Interview Details – The hr department from Cleveland called and after a brief conversation, the local branch called, I was invited for an interview in person after that and offered the job the next day.

Interview Question – The interview process was very straightforward, more of a meet and greet and discussion of general background and experience.   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Warehouse Interview

Warehouse
Bettendorf, IA

I applied in-person and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Olympic Steel in July 2010.

Interview Details – Your better off looking somewhere else for a job. Did you ever wonder what its like working in China ?

Interview Question – Management lies from day one. Routinely sells lower grade steel to costomers.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Liars cheats the worst job in the area

Shop Helper Interview

Shop Helper
Bettendorf, IA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Olympic Steel in June 2012.

Interview Details – You almost need to know someone there to get a job there. or call alot and show interest. drug test and physcial. then after that hiring process is simple orientation for one day than right to work.

Interview Question – having someone train you the wrong way or someone lacking buisness ethics by bad mouthing the company to a trainee. Communication is very lacking. learn as you go more like teach your self to succeed   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – yes or no that was about it.

Shophelp Interview

Shophelp

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Olympic Steel in January 2011.

Interview Details – It was a normal interview,It started with a phone interview. Then I was called in to check out the plant with the shop foreman. We walked through the plant & he showed me some of the jobs I would be doing, & asked if I could do any of them and I said with the proper training yes I could.

Interview Question – Asking if I could do the job with out showing me what the job was really like.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiations it was what it was per there guide lines.

Worked for Olympic Steel? Contribute to the Community!