Olympic Steel

Interviews for Top Jobs at Olympic Steel

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horsham, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horsham, PA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Olympic Steel in January 2015.

The interview process is slow but expected from speaking with a former employee. With that said, I had a lunch interview with my future interview at a very prestigious CC. Well informed of the market and my roles would be in the company. Still going through the process but anticipate good things with this company.

Interview Questions
    • Talked about customers we have interacted with in the past and the future of the company.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

The hr department from Cleveland called and after a brief conversation, the local branch called, I was invited for an interview in person after that and offered the job the next day.

Interview Questions
    • The interview process was very straightforward, more of a meet and greet and discussion of general background and experience.   View Answer

Any Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Olympic Steel in May 2014.

A lot of difficult questions and job skills that were not listed on job posting. Expect begin teaser questions and detailed computer hardware test questions. The bar is set really high on this job to meet qualifications. Exceptional skill sets required so if you are exceptional you won't have any problems. If you are just good then skip this interview and look elsewhere.

Shop Helper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bettendorf, IA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Olympic Steel in June 2012.

You almost need to know someone there to get a job there. or call alot and show interest. drug test and physcial. then after that hiring process is simple orientation for one day than right to work.

Interview Questions
    • having someone train you the wrong way or someone lacking buisness ethics by bad mouthing the company to a trainee. Communication is very lacking. learn as you go more like teach your self to succeed   Answer Question
    yes or no that was about it.

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bettendorf, IA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Olympic Steel in July 2010.

Your better off looking somewhere else for a job. Did you ever wonder what its like working in China ?

Interview Questions
    • Management lies from day one. Routinely sells lower grade steel to costomers.   View Answer

Liars cheats the worst job in the area

Shophelp Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Olympic Steel in January 2011.

It was a normal interview,It started with a phone interview. Then I was called in to check out the plant with the shop foreman. We walked through the plant & he showed me some of the jobs I would be doing, & asked if I could do any of them and I said with the proper training yes I could.

Interview Questions
    • Asking if I could do the job with out showing me what the job was really like.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiations it was what it was per there guide lines.