Olympus Corporation of the Americas

Updated Aug 10, 2015

2.8

Anonmymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Center Valley, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Olympus Corporation of the Americas (Center Valley, PA).

Interview

Long process from start to finish. You meet as many people as possible both in-person and on the phone. The really do their part to make sure the person they're hiring is a gold fit. In the end it was well worth it and I feel comfortable having met many of the people I'll be working with.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a difficult situation you faced with a manager in the past. What was the outcome and how did you resolve it?   1 Answer

Na Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Olympus Corporation of the Americas.

Interview

Phone interview with in the first week of applying. Went great. Basically to make sure I had the minimum qualifications. I did. No call back. Had to see the application was no longer under review ONLINE BY CHECKING MYSELF 4 weeks later. Tried emailing the HR after a week. No response. Best part was I asked HR about the role. Had no idea. Had no clue what the BP facility was about. Didn't know anything. I was very skeptical about the job. Hoped to move to next level but did not. Sad but not too disappointed.

Olympus Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Center Valley, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Olympus Corporation of the Americas (Center Valley, PA).

Interview

Phone Interview: 30 minutes, questions about myself, education, experience, and a few general interview questions. Pretty basic screening call. Onsite Interview: Long interview day, very exhausting. Met with 5 different managers individually for 30 minutes each, short tour of the facility, then I had to give a 15 minute PowerPoint presentation. I felt confident after I left, but it was disappointing because each manager was asking similar questions and mostly just about myself and I felt like I wasn't able to talk about everything I had to offer. Especially after going through a long morning, then giving a presentation, I was more relaxed but it was so much. I didn't get a callback for the final interview. It wasn't a fair process. If you applied too early and were in the first pool of candidates, they were more selective. Candidates toward the end skipped the last set of interviews completely. If I would've been in the last set, I think I would've gotten the job. Bad timing, bad selection process.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Olympus Corporation of the Americas (Redmond, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone screen and in person interview within the same week. Spoke and met with HR recruiter then met with both her and CEO later for in person interview. The interview itself flowed nicely and was more of a conversation. We spoke about the history of the company and where it was going along with what components of the position were most necessary for supporting the CEO. While I ended up not getting the position, I was left with a positive impression of the company.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with high pressure or stressful situations?   Answer Question

Product Manager, International Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Olympus Corporation of the Americas (Redmond, WA).

Interview

I will start off by saying, I have been through many interviews in my professional career, and this by far, was the most unprofessional process I have ever been through. I drove over 30 minutes on 4 different occasions to meet with a variety of different people, which doesn't include the many phone interviews I also did. I was finally told that they wanted to offer me the job but they wanted me to interview with the potential VP first. Yes, because they hadn't hired a VP yet and still thought it made sense for two potential candidates to interview each other, which was very awkward. During the time of waiting to speak with the potential VP, I was told that not everyone in the company was aligned with the position and that it was potentially changing. I was also told that the original salary I was quoted at $130k, was going to be more around $120k, then in another call I was told it was now going to be around $110K. I could go on and on. To say I was mislead and jerked around would be an understatement. I hope they treat their next candidates with a little more respect.

Interview Questions

• They placed a lot of emphasis on job titles and not actually the description of work done and completed. A job title is just that. It's a job title.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Olympus Corporation of the Americas.

Interview

I applied for a marketing role around mid-November 2014 that was a close fit for my experience. I did not receive any feedback until early-February 2015 when I was called for a phone screen by a recruiter with the company. The phone screen took all of 15-20 minutes and consisted mostly of the recruiter asking some standard questions to assess my skills/abilities (e.g., "rank your familiarity on the following tools/concepts on a scale of 1-10...") and providing an overview of the company and benefits. She sounded rushed, but I thought nothing of it, thinking that it was just a busy day. Despite at least two follow-up messages on my part, at least two weeks passed by before I heard anything in response. During/after the initial screen, I was never provided with at least a high-level overview of what to expect from the recruiting process, other than they were looking to fill the role ASAP and an in-person interview would be the next step. The waiting period gave me the impression that I was either not accepted to move forward, the position was delayed/eliminated, or someone was too busy to follow-up. I ultimately received an automated message from the corporate HR system, asking me to complete an online application. This was followed by a return phone call from the same recruiter to set-up an in-person interview for the end of February, with just a few days notice in advance of the interview. Application submission to in-person interview was a solid 3 months at this point. The hiring manager greeted me when I arrived for my interview. I did not receive an outline of my agenda for the day at any point in time with names or titles of the people with whom I would be interviewing. I did not meet with HR at any point in time, either. The interview took 2 hours and I only met with individuals from the hiring department. First, I met with the hiring manager and another individual. I was asked to present specific examples of my past projects and taken through three sets of written questions. The hiring manager followed these questions word-for-word with little deviation from what was on the paper. Both were very neutral in demeanor the entire time, even during my presentation of my work, when they expressed little desire to ask follow-up questions. I didn't find the questions particularly challenging, just generic. Second, I met with a higher-level person in the department in a more informal manner. We walked through my resume and specific, non-written questions that the person had. These questions were more tailored towards my background and specific experiences. In general, I felt that the interview went well, even if I was unable to see an overwhelmingly positive reception from any of the interviewers, but I was left dissatisfied with the communication (or lack thereof) received during the entire process. I followed up a number of times to see if there were any next steps to consider following the in-person interview only to be met with silence. At this point and based on feedback from others who have interviewed here, I have come to expect this so-called "silent treatment," but I find it distasteful. Even if not selected for the role, a simple, automated letter to close the loop would be nice!

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Center Valley, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Olympus Corporation of the Americas (Center Valley, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

Came back from an interview I had back in December because of a hiring freeze. Received an offer and then told me they couldn't verify my education. I never had any trouble with my past employers on verifying my education. I had my identity stolen a few months ago and believe this was this issue. They refused to talk to my institution to verify that I had my degree. Horrible company that only thinks of you as a number. Thank God I didn't get hired by them.

Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Olympus Corporation of the Americas (Redmond, WA) in December 2014.

Interview

Simple and clean process of speaking with the manager via phone and then meeting the key players. The interview process was not especially difficult, but it was thorough with a lot of sharing about the company, the technology and the culture. The quality of the conversation was key to my decision to work for Spiration - along with the very cool technology. I started the first of the year. It was a great experience!

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my knowledge/experience with regulated environments such as the FDA.   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Olympus Corporation of the Americas.

Interview

Not bad. They moved pretty quickly to come through with an offer. At first HR wanted to contact one of my employers who hadn't kept records more than 5 years back and it wasn't a position that was relevant to the one I was applying for so the hiring manager over road HR so that we could move forward.

Interview Questions

• I came from a direct competitor so questions were not difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered considerably more than my current position.

Technical Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Center Valley, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Olympus Corporation of the Americas (Center Valley, PA).

Interview

I actually felt the interview process was thorough. I gave a presentation so the interviewer could see that I was able to present to an audience. The questions asked made sense, and I was given ample opportunity to present my skills. Another manager was also brought in to ask me questions, and I felt he also asked good questions.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you versus someone that has more years of experience?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There really was no negotiation at the interview. I was mailed an offer letter, I felt it was a good offer, and I accepted.