Olympus Corporation of the Americas

2.8

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Center Valley, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Center Valley, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Olympus Corporation of the Americas in December 2014.

Interview was over 4 hours long. Never received a call back or feedback. Was told the position was put on hold. This was back in December of 2014. Why interview candidates if you knew the position couldn't be filled right away?

Interview Questions
    • Please tell me a time you had confronted a tough customer and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Olympus Corporation of the Americas.

Not bad. They moved pretty quickly to come through with an offer. At first HR wanted to contact one of my employers who hadn't kept records more than 5 years back and it wasn't a position that was relevant to the one I was applying for so the hiring manager over road HR so that we could move forward.

Interview Questions
    • I came from a direct competitor so questions were not difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question
    They offered considerably more than my current position.

Technical Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Center Valley, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Olympus Corporation of the Americas.

I actually felt the interview process was thorough. I gave a presentation so the interviewer could see that I was able to present to an audience. The questions asked made sense, and I was given ample opportunity to present my skills. Another manager was also brought in to ask me questions, and I felt he also asked good questions.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you versus someone that has more years of experience?   View Answer
    There really was no negotiation at the interview. I was mailed an offer letter, I felt it was a good offer, and I accepted.

Contract Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Olympus Corporation of the Americas.

The interview process was comfortable. The questions were more about your recent work not all the "how did you handle a situation when" kind of questions. The managers were very interested in hearing my background and experience instead of putting me in the hot seat.

Interview Questions
    • Questions on salary expectations are always the most difficult.   Answer Question

Endoscopy Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, MA

I applied online – interviewed at Olympus Corporation of the Americas in June 2014.

Interview process was very long but pleasant and comfortable. Typical questions, mostly pertaining to how you would handle certain situations. HR asked of questions over phone pertaining to current job as
    Well as what a typical day looks like for you. Be prepared for salary questions.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time that you had to handle a difficult situation?   Answer Question

R&D Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Olympus Corporation of the Americas.

There are two interviews. One on campus and the other on the facility. You will meet with the department group (3 people) and one HR manager. Questions are just like any other interview (name a time when you...)

No negotiations

Field Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cypress, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Cypress, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Olympus Corporation of the Americas in March 2014.

The interview process is very thorough but pleasant. I applied online for the position and was emailed about a week and a half later by a talent acquisition specialist for a phone interview with said person. When the talent acquisition specialist set up the phone interview with me he was very accommodating to my schedule. After the phone interview which was basic personality questions and just getting to know you better he told me the next steps of the process and surprisingly told me right then that he would recommend me to the hiring manager. Later that evening I received an email from the hiring manager that he would like to set up a phone interview with me and responded very quickly to my response. Later that same week I received the call per our agreed time which again the hiring manager was very accommodating. He asked some technical questions and just talked a bit to get to know me. He then asked to set up a sit down interview for the end of the week at 8am. I showed up to the interview 15 mins early and he was there waiting for me and we started the sit down interview which he went over all aspect of the job and what products I would support. The sit down interview lasted about an hour and he even answered questions about the latest scandals and layoffs with Olympus. Then I was set up with another phone interview with the HR Generalist for today 31 Mar 14 and was asked basic HR questions such as, "Describe a time you had to get a project done in a timely manner and you had a coworker that just was not on the same page? What did you do?" Then we talked a bit so she could get to know me a bit and I was informed of the next stage in the process. After this stage is either an offer letter or Olympus letting you know that they decided to move forward with someone else. I was told that there was not anyone else in the final stage of the interview process so it looks promising for me. Overall even though it has been a long process with four different interviews it has been very pleasant not once did I feel uncomfortable or pressured. If all companies interview process was like this search for a job would be a very relaxed atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    • There really weren't any difficult questions. In my interview process the technical question were really common knowledge. So, if you are in that field you would definitely know the answers.   Answer Question

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Center Valley, PA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Olympus Corporation of the Americas in January 2014.

Went through a long process (3 phone interviews with final face to face in PA) but it was worth it. I held out for this company for ten weeks as I was very specific in my needs and I was looking for a large company with vertical mobility potential, good health plan, good 401k and healthy tuition reimbursement. I turned down a very similar opportunity at another -more $$ but smaller- company before taking this one because their proprietary nano tech was too rudimentary and the people I interviewed with seemed angry and over-worked. My last Engineer job was a Japanese soul-stealing dead end rodent treadmill and I was keen to not repeat this. I have very high hopes for Olympus as all the people I interviewed with were very intelligent and dynamic. The process was relatively pain free and they genuinely seemed to be interested in a good fit both technically and personality-wise. The responsibility demarcation for each interviewer was well-defined and each person was responsible for a particular area: HR, Tech, big-picture and personality. I particularly liked the last person who interviewed me (no names) as he was extremely thorough and seemed like he wanted a zen-like fit and had good questions and a healthy holistic approach to his philosophy. The only down side was it was a long process but this is not uncommon in larger companies with very specific needs and they can afford to be picky. I will update later as required for this company. Process mechanics: Full criminal background check with consumer data (credit rating) and a whiz-quizz.

Interview Questions
    • Based on what you know so far how would you describe the perfect 100% fit for this position? -paraphrased-   Answer Question

N/A Interview

The process was standard, phone interview, personal interview with hiring manager an lastly a interview with human resources. Remember that this was over 10 years ago so this information may not be valid anymore

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what your closest work associates think that you need to improve upon   Answer Question
    There was some negotiation, but I believe I left some money on the table due to my own personal situation

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Olympus Corporation of the Americas in May 2013.

Found this job through a recruiter. The company had posted it, then pulled the listing, then posted it, this time with two different recruiters, then pulled it again, then posted it again. I applied on the second posting, got selected to interview on the third posting. They've posted it again.

Interview Questions
    • "What is something about you that needs improvement?" I.e., what is there about you that needs to be changed, i.e., tell me something bad about you. An incredibly negative question that I had no answer for - I've been doing this job my entire career and I think I'm outstanding at it, and wouldn't offer myself up for a position at this level if I thought any of my skills needed work.   View Answers (2)

I actually got an offer to keep interviewing, this time to meet the person who I would be supporting. But I had already received another offer from a company that was not looking for negatives when they met me. I also did not like what I heard and saw of the Olympus office while I sat in the lobby for 45 minutes because the HR kid they "assigned" to me had emailed me an erroneous start time. I was early, he was late, and there I sat. There were three people to meet but none of them could be found or could make the time to interview me until a lot of time had passed - enough that I almost walked out. I looked and felt really stupid just sitting there. Was that part of the game too? Olympus gave off terribly negative vibes and I was thankful, and lucky, that I did not have to get on board with all of that.