Olympus Corporation of the Americas Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jun 17, 2014
27 interviews

2.8

Contract Specialist Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Olympus Corporation of the Americas.

The interview process was comfortable. The questions were more about your recent work not all the "how did you handle a situation when" kind of questions. The managers were very interested in hearing my background and experience instead of putting me in the hot seat.

Interview Questions
    • Questions on salary expectations are always the most difficult.   Answer Question

Regional Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Olympus Corporation of the Americas in September 2010.

Be prepared. Do your homework. Call people who are with the company to get a better feel for the inside scoop. Prepare a business plan for the first 100 days, six months, year and what you would do moving forward over the next three years. Use your experience to reflect the who, what, where and why. Do a SWAT analysis on the territory you are interviewing for.

Interview Questions
    • Be able to explain any and all "gaps" in your resume. Have a concise and concrete answer for why Olympus should hire you. Be able to explain what "exactly" you bring to the table.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. All preset and established.

Field Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Cypress, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Cypress, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Olympus Corporation of the Americas in March 2014.

The interview process is very thorough but pleasant. I applied online for the position and was emailed about a week and a half later by a talent acquisition specialist for a phone interview with said person. When the talent acquisition specialist set up the phone interview with me he was very accommodating to my schedule. After the phone interview which was basic personality questions and just getting to know you better he told me the next steps of the process and surprisingly told me right then that he would recommend me to the hiring manager. Later that evening I received an email from the hiring manager that he would like to set up a phone interview with me and responded very quickly to my response. Later that same week I received the call per our agreed time which again the hiring manager was very accommodating. He asked some technical questions and just talked a bit to get to know me. He then asked to set up a sit down interview for the end of the week at 8am. I showed up to the interview 15 mins early and he was there waiting for me and we started the sit down interview which he went over all aspect of the job and what products I would support. The sit down interview lasted about an hour and he even answered questions about the latest scandals and layoffs with Olympus. Then I was set up with another phone interview with the HR Generalist for today 31 Mar 14 and was asked basic HR questions such as, "Describe a time you had to get a project done in a timely manner and you had a coworker that just was not on the same page? What did you do?" Then we talked a bit so she could get to know me a bit and I was informed of the next stage in the process. After this stage is either an offer letter or Olympus letting you know that they decided to move forward with someone else. I was told that there was not anyone else in the final stage of the interview process so it looks promising for me. Overall even though it has been a long process with four different interviews it has been very pleasant not once did I feel uncomfortable or pressured. If all companies interview process was like this search for a job would be a very relaxed atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    • There really weren't any difficult questions. In my interview process the technical question were really common knowledge. So, if you are in that field you would definitely know the answers.   Answer Question

R&D Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Norwalk, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, OH

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Olympus Corporation of the Americas.

There are two interviews. One on campus and the other on the facility. You will meet with the department group (3 people) and one HR manager. Questions are just like any other interview (name a time when you...)

No negotiations

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Center Valley, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Olympus Corporation of the Americas in January 2014.

Went through a long process (3 phone interviews with final face to face in PA) but it was worth it. I held out for this company for ten weeks as I was very specific in my needs and I was looking for a large company with vertical mobility potential, good health plan, good 401k and healthy tuition reimbursement. I turned down a very similar opportunity at another -more $$ but smaller- company before taking this one because their proprietary nano tech was too rudimentary and the people I interviewed with seemed angry and over-worked. My last Engineer job was a Japanese soul-stealing dead end rodent treadmill and I was keen to not repeat this. I have very high hopes for Olympus as all the people I interviewed with were very intelligent and dynamic. The process was relatively pain free and they genuinely seemed to be interested in a good fit both technically and personality-wise. The responsibility demarcation for each interviewer was well-defined and each person was responsible for a particular area: HR, Tech, big-picture and personality. I particularly liked the last person who interviewed me (no names) as he was extremely thorough and seemed like he wanted a zen-like fit and had good questions and a healthy holistic approach to his philosophy. The only down side was it was a long process but this is not uncommon in larger companies with very specific needs and they can afford to be picky. I will update later as required for this company. Process mechanics: Full criminal background check with consumer data (credit rating) and a whiz-quizz.

Interview Questions
    • Based on what you know so far how would you describe the perfect 100% fit for this position? -paraphrased-   Answer Question

Information Systems Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Center Valley, PA

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Olympus Corporation of the Americas in June 2010.

I was called back 6 times. You would think they would of set up the interview when everyone could attend. Because of the distance i had to take 6 1/2 day vacations . .

Interview Questions
    • None of them new what questions to ask me about the systems I supported. All they knew was that needed to fill a pot.   View Answer
    There really was not any.

Electrical Engineer/Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Olympus Corporation of the Americas in July 2012.

Didn't get back to me for many weeks after on site interview. Had box lunch there alone, that was weird.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Olympus Corporation of the Americas in May 2013.

Found this job through a recruiter. The company had posted it, then pulled the listing, then posted it, this time with two different recruiters, then pulled it again, then posted it again. I applied on the second posting, got selected to interview on the third posting. They've posted it again.

Interview Questions
    • "What is something about you that needs improvement?" I.e., what is there about you that needs to be changed, i.e., tell me something bad about you. An incredibly negative question that I had no answer for - I've been doing this job my entire career and I think I'm outstanding at it, and wouldn't offer myself up for a position at this level if I thought any of my skills needed work.   View Answer

I actually got an offer to keep interviewing, this time to meet the person who I would be supporting. But I had already received another offer from a company that was not looking for negatives when they met me. I also did not like what I heard and saw of the Olympus office while I sat in the lobby for 45 minutes because the HR kid they "assigned" to me had emailed me an erroneous start time. I was early, he was late, and there I sat. There were three people to meet but none of them could be found or could make the time to interview me until a lot of time had passed - enough that I almost walked out. I looked and felt really stupid just sitting there. Was that part of the game too? Olympus gave off terribly negative vibes and I was thankful, and lucky, that I did not have to get on board with all of that.

N/A Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Olympus Corporation of the Americas.

The process was standard, phone interview, personal interview with hiring manager an lastly a interview with human resources. Remember that this was over 10 years ago so this information may not be valid anymore

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what your closest work associates think that you need to improve upon   Answer Question
    There was some negotiation, but I believe I left some money on the table due to my own personal situation

Contract Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Center Valley, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Olympus Corporation of the Americas.

The process is lengthy, and involves many. Be prepared to promptly return phone calls, in order to get on the interviewers calendar sooner than later.

Interview Questions
    • Standard interviewing questions. Be prepared to discuss past situations, and how handled.   Answer Question

Worked for Olympus Corporation of the Americas? Contribute to the Community!