Olympus

Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Development Director Interview

Business Development Director

Interviewed at Olympus

Interview Details – Three rounds of interviews, first round with HR, and two rounds with hiring manager and the team. It took a month for the whole process.

Interview Question – Routine questions. Such as why you want the job, how you fit in our organization, please tell me a little more about yourself. What is your strength and weakness; would you please give me an example that how you achieve your sales goal. Nothing really unexpected if you fully prepared.   Answer Question

Senior Professional Interview

Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Olympus in January 2009.

Interview Details – Passed through multiple interviews over several days. Was flexible to accommodate last minute requests by the company to return for an additional interviews. One month passed without the company providing on the status of interviews. Not a candidate friendly experience.

Interview Question – Interview questions were standard; no surprises.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Columbus, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Olympus in March 2012.

Interview Details – The manager had no idea what he was looking for. It seemed like he was trying to collect business plans for him to use for the next year. I felt he had no respect for you as a person.

Interview Question – Tell me atime you could not see a physican?   View Answer

Corporate Auditor Interview

Hamburg (Germany)

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Olympus in September 2013.

Interview Details – Horrible HR management and no timely feedback on your interviews.

I first had a telephone interview with the direct manager. It was a good conversation, with a lot of questions about my CV and my motivations regarding my decisions. You need to have plenty of examples from your previous experience to answer different scenarios that they throw at you.

I did not hear back for 3 weeks after the call, and after following up myself a few times with HR, I finally got the impression it was a No because the manager thought I might get bored of the position soon (ok?). Next thing you know, in week 4, someone else from HR gets in touch with me and calls me for a face to face interview. Says that the person they offered the position to turned them down so they would like to interview me again. I went because I didn't have much to lose and I was in the final rounds with another company at the time.

Again the interview format was pretty similar to the telephone interview. Nothing technical per say, but you have to talk a lot about your previous experiences. At the end of the interview, the HR lady told me that they would get back to me latest in 1 week. SIX weeks later and no feedback, and after following up with a phone call and an email to her, they finally get back to me saying that they like my profile but not for this position, so they are going to put me in their pool of vacancies. SIX WEEKS! Were they just buying time to see if they could find a replacement? Well, I certainly don't find that very respectful, and if that is how they treat potential employees, I wonder how well they treat actual employees! I actually thought about waiting to hear their decision before I accepted another offer, but this is not a company for me, no thank you!

Interview Question – Stadard CV questions.. what would you do in this scenario, with an example from your previous work experiences?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Olympus? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Olympus interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Olympus employees and interview candidates.