Omaha Steaks

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Omaha, NE

I applied in-person - interviewed at Omaha Steaks in April 2010.

Interview Details – filled out a application within a few days got a call went in for a interview and a few questions and was hired also gave you scenarios to read and you would answer what you would do in that situation or what the best solution would be.

Negotiation Details – there wasn't one

Store Sales Representative Interview

Store Sales Representative

Interviewed at Omaha Steaks

Interview Details – Easy, nice manager was a clean store, I don't know what to write hopefully this will be thirty words after this and this and this oh yeah the other co workers were nice too

Interview Question – None it was easy   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it . No negotiating

Very Easy Interview

Direct Sales Professional Interview

Direct Sales Professional
Omaha, NE

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Omaha Steaks in February 2013.

Interview Details – One interview. Omaha Steaks does it like a job fair. You go in, pass an easy computer examination and show you know how to spell basic words. After passing, you wait in a room until you get called for interview in a cubicle. The interview is extremely easy, almost everyone gets hired. You also will read a script. Just sound excited or enthusiastic and you will pass the test even if you completely bomb reading the script. As long as you are well groomed and dressed and do not smell like booze/weed you should get the job. Although recently they have been discussing going through a harder interview process to reduce turnover, in which you would have to be interviewed by several people.

Interview Question – Reading the script in a professional tone and enthusiastic sales voice was the hardest part. All the questions they ask you are read off of a sheet.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Omaha Steaks.

Interview Details – Openings are posted online. Once you've applied thru the website, you would be contacted via phone by either the Store Manager (if you are applying for sales positions) or by HR (if applying for management). Interviews are set up after that. If you are a viable candidate and the company wants to move forward and make an offer, a background check, drug test and physical ability test are required.

Interview Question – Most questions are fairly standard... What are your strengths and weaknessees, etc.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Long Beach, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Omaha Steaks.

Interview Details – Informal interview with scripted questions conducted at a local coffee shop. Questions are mostly related to sales and your ability to work a cash register. They want to find out how competitive and slick you can be as a salesperson. The job is about outsmarting the customers to buy items they do not really need. Your main goal is to make the customers spend as much as possible on each visit regardless of price, preference, or need. The interview process weeds out the weak mousy types to find the fast talker high pressure icky salesperson types that are solely motivated by money over customer satisfaction.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness? What does it take for you to be salesperson of the year?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation is ever considered. HR sets the salary and that's it!

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Omaha, NE

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Omaha Steaks in September 2009.

Interview Details – Submitted an application in store. Brief questioning before over the phone setting up an in person interview. Interview with Store Manager involving very basic questions regarding past work experience and knowledge of gourmet foods.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Was asked what my favorite cut of meat is.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Slight wiggle room in pay but not much.

Outbound Interview

Outbound
Omaha, NE

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Omaha Steaks in January 2013.

Interview Details – I'm a full-time college student and I was looking for a part-time job at night. I applied online and I was called back the next day inviting me to a job fair. At the job fair, I was ushered into a room with a couple of other people and made awkward small talk, after about 15 minutes we were led downstairs to do a "pre-employment test." This test basically tested to see if you could navigate their website and fill out 10 questions about it. The cutoff was 6/10 questions right, and you'd pass. After that, I filled out a form asking if I could work certain shifts, agreeing to a background check, etc. and then we were led back upstairs to wait for the person who would interview us. In this time I was given a "role-play" sheet so the interviewer could see what I'd sound like on the phone, which was pretty easy. The questions she asked me included 'what would you do if you weren't making sales,' 'how do you handle stress,' common interview questions - there were 5 of these. I was not offered a job "on-the-spot," however they said they would follow-up within 3 days (which I'm still waiting on).

Interview Question – If you were in a sales slump and asked your manager for advice and nothing was working, what would you do?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Salesman Interview

Salesman
Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Omaha Steaks in April 2012.

Interview Details – Very basic interview with questions like "what would you do in this type of situation" and "describe a time when you had to deal with a angry person"

Interview Question – There was no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Employment Specialist Interview

Employment Specialist
Omaha, NE

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Omaha Steaks in July 2009.

Interview Details – The first interview cosisted of taking an HR test. The HR rep asked basic interview question. Such as how do I handle stress, how I organized myself and had to give examples of how I dealt in employee relation problems. Now I have to go through the 2nd interview with the vice president. The employees were nice and had a friendly atmohphere.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Omaha Steaks? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Omaha Steaks interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Omaha Steaks employees and interview candidates.