Omaha Steaks Interview Questions

Updated Apr 3, 2015

2.2

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Omaha Steaks (Omaha, NE).

Interview

Smooth and fast process. The HR recruiter was very helpful and kept me in the loop during the whole process. The interview consisted of two 1 on 1 meetings with two executives in the company.

Interview Questions

• Past Experiences?
      How would you manage presenting ideas and thoughts in front of a group?

Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Omaha Steaks.

Interview

it was easy basic questions like bla bla bla if you like us so much why dont you just hire me bro? i mean the job cant be that hard if i cant get a job how do i get experience brah

Interview Questions

Too easy of a job bore my mind

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Omaha Steaks.

Interview

I received a phone call from the store manager asking if I would be interested in coming for an interview. After that interview a person from HR contact me and did a phone interview. After the phone interview we set up a date to go take my physical.

Inbound Call Center Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Omaha Steaks in November 2014.

Interview

I was looking for part time work and was called for an interview a few days after I applied. The "interview" turned out to be a job fair and the only training available was during the days, even though I marked that I was only available in the evening.

Interview Questions

• Did not get that far since training slots were not available. I was not the only one who left, either.   Answer Question

Store Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Easy, nice manager was a clean store, I don't know what to write hopefully this will be thirty words after this and this and this oh yeah the other co workers were nice too

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Take it or leave it . No negotiating

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Omaha Steaks.

Interview

Openings are posted online. Once you've applied thru the website, you would be contacted via phone by either the Store Manager (if you are applying for sales positions) or by HR (if applying for management). Interviews are set up after that. If you are a viable candidate and the company wants to move forward and make an offer, a background check, drug test and physical ability test are required.

Interview Questions

• Most questions are fairly standard... What are your strengths and weaknessees, etc.   Answer Question

Meat Packer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Omaha Steaks (Omaha, NE) in December 2013.

Interview

They overlooked my electrical military experience and told me that I would be suited with this position... They ask me if I speak Spanish as well.
    Second interview was at the plant where I would be working at after I got a job offer from them and they gave me a tour there and explained about the duties of my position I got offered.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to lift the weights that they tell you to lift (around 60pounds).   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Omaha Steaks (Long Beach, CA).

Interview

Informal interview with scripted questions conducted at a local coffee shop. Questions are mostly related to sales and your ability to work a cash register. They want to find out how competitive and slick you can be as a salesperson. The job is about outsmarting the customers to buy items they do not really need. Your main goal is to make the customers spend as much as possible on each visit regardless of price, preference, or need. The interview process weeds out the weak mousy types to find the fast talker high pressure icky salesperson types that are solely motivated by money over customer satisfaction.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness? What does it take for you to be salesperson of the year?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation is ever considered. HR sets the salary and that's it!

Direct Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Omaha Steaks (Omaha, NE) in February 2013.

Interview

One interview. Omaha Steaks does it like a job fair. You go in, pass an easy computer examination and show you know how to spell basic words. After passing, you wait in a room until you get called for interview in a cubicle. The interview is extremely easy, almost everyone gets hired. You also will read a script. Just sound excited or enthusiastic and you will pass the test even if you completely bomb reading the script. As long as you are well groomed and dressed and do not smell like booze/weed you should get the job. Although recently they have been discussing going through a harder interview process to reduce turnover, in which you would have to be interviewed by several people.

Interview Questions

• Reading the script in a professional tone and enthusiastic sales voice was the hardest part. All the questions they ask you are read off of a sheet.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate

Outbound Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Omaha Steaks (Omaha, NE) in January 2013.

Interview

I'm a full-time college student and I was looking for a part-time job at night. I applied online and I was called back the next day inviting me to a job fair. At the job fair, I was ushered into a room with a couple of other people and made awkward small talk, after about 15 minutes we were led downstairs to do a "pre-employment test." This test basically tested to see if you could navigate their website and fill out 10 questions about it. The cutoff was 6/10 questions right, and you'd pass. After that, I filled out a form asking if I could work certain shifts, agreeing to a background check, etc. and then we were led back upstairs to wait for the person who would interview us. In this time I was given a "role-play" sheet so the interviewer could see what I'd sound like on the phone, which was pretty easy. The questions she asked me included 'what would you do if you weren't making sales,' 'how do you handle stress,' common interview questions - there were 5 of these. I was not offered a job "on-the-spot," however they said they would follow-up within 3 days (which I'm still waiting on).

Interview Questions

• If you were in a sales slump and asked your manager for advice and nothing was working, what would you do?   1 Answer