Omni Air

Relevance Date Difficulty

Operations Training Coordinator Interview

Operations Training Coordinator
Tulsa, OK

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Omni Air in July 2013.

Interview Details – Very easy, as long as you have experience and some school..2 interviews and got the call.

Interview Question – no questions that couldn't be answered by common sense answers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They will tell you what they are willing to pay, period.

Interviewed Interview

Interviewed

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Omni Air in November 2013.

Interview Details – Watch the same intro video that is on the website. Then you state in 60 sec why you want to fly for Omni. Then they make you read a announcement one by one. After this is completed, they have everyone step out of the room. They will then come out with your last four SSN # on a sheet of paper. That means you will move on to the one on one interview.
I find this whole interview to be a waste of time.

They don't go for former flight attendants in my opinion. They pick other people with no experience and who struggled reading the announcement. I was in shock but wasn't surprised. You are only guaranteed 65 HOURS a month! That's lower than working for regional. $18.05 per hour which is good for a charter, but that the same rate if you worked regional as well. Flight benefits is way different for a charter. They have jump seat agreements for travel. You real travel benefits start after a year and its with United.

Its a good airline, but wouldn't recommend it for myself. Best information is that they travel all over the world and you mostly fly the military and armed forces around. This is airline would be great to start off your flight attendant career.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Omni? Not a difficult question   Answer Question

HQ Position Interview

HQ Position
Tulsa, OK

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Omni Air.

Interview Details – The interview process was fairly informal and unorganized. It was basically a discussion with the hiring manager followed by lunch with members of the department. The hiring manager simply wanted to get an idea of where I wanted to be and how this job was going to help me get there. I sat down with HR very briefly for a few questions about my work history, but this seemed to be more of a formality. I later learned that they have no real influence on the hiring process.

The hiring process was drawn out to an unacceptable length of time. It took over 3 months from the closing of the position online to the job offer.

Interview Question – N/A: This was really just an assessment of whether or not I would fit with the department. They had my resume in hand and knew my qualifications/experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A: The HR department is completely disrespectful to the negotiation process. (In my experience, hiring is not their specialty. Their true focus is on the discipline of flight attendants.)

Very Easy Interview

Seattle, WA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Omni Air in October 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process is clearly based on looks alone and to see if you fit "their" All-American mold. I have never been on an interview where they don't even look at your resume. I am lucky to have blonde hair and blue eyes but other than that, I did not see much racial diversity in who the recruiters chose.

Interview Question – Why do you want to be a F/A for Omni?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None. It is based on a seniority pay scale.

Seattle, WA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Omni Air in November 2012.

Interview Details – My interview session for Omni Air was held in Seattle, WA.

The session began promptly at 8:00am, doors were open to registration at 6:30am. The session also only allowed the first 200 people, I would say that my session only had slightly over 100 people total.

The first part of the session is an introduction by the company in front of all the applicants. They also opened up for general questions after the company introduction. Once the Q/A session was finished, we all broke for a 15 min. break and then came back into the session room and split ourselves up into two larger groups.

In the groups, each person gave a 60 second introduction and a reason why they want to work as a flight attendant for Omni Air. Come prepared and try to not give standard answers, and don't go over 60 seconds! After everyone had given their introductions, the recruiters passed around three different flight attendant announcement sheets and had each person read off the announcements out loud (1 announcement per person).

Afterward, there was another 20 min. break and both of the groups were narrowed down to who the recruiters wanted to continue in the process. I would say about 35 people made it. Those who did were given an application and a couple of forms to sign. The application MUST be filled out correctly. Many applicants in the next process were sent home just for filling it out incorrectly. The remaining candidates were broken up into three interview times after lunch.

Next step was individual interviews. For those who filled out their applications correctly and who were given a one-on-one interview, seemed to get hired. There was also a small safety procedure regarding the use of the on board fire extinguisher that needed to be memorized for the one-on-one interview.

The interview itself consisted of two parts. The first step was with a representative of HR who goes over your application and asks why you want to work for Omni and other general questions. If the recruiter deems you to be a good candidate, you then meet with an inflight supervisor who continues interviewing you in a separate room. At this time you need to recite the safety procedure for the fire extinguisher (by memory) and then again answer questions about why you want to be a flight attendant and if you will be able to do the job and be ok with working a flexible schedule. At this stage, the questions aren't very difficult. The airline wants to make sure that you understand that being a flight attendant is more than just serving drinks.

Here is my advice

First, if you have never worked in the airline industry before, you have to understand that it is a fast paced and stressful work environment. If you are a shy person, or prefer 9-5, then this job probably will not work out for you. Most people give the same generic answers about becoming a flight attendant such as "I love meeting new people", "I love customer service", and "I love to travel". While those might all seem like good reasons to be a flight attendant, those are not the best answers to give in an interview.

Second, come prepared. Being prepared will help you in the interview process and make you stand out from other applicants. Dress professional. Emulate what flight attendants wear when they're working. Black or very dark blue is the preferred color. Ladies must be dressed somewhat conservatively. Guys should always wear a suit and tie.

Third, be friendly. Talk to the other applicants, try to meet as many as possible. Always smile, be outgoing, and definitely project when speaking to the recruiters. In some ways, flight attendants are the life blood of the company. They get the most "face time" with the customers.

Fourth, understand the job. This goes along with the first advice, but know what you're getting in to. Being a flight attendant is a career job. You will always be on your feet, traveling around the world (at least with Omni), and flexibility is key. You will be away from your home for many days at a time. You have to understand the lifestyle is different than working a 9-5 job and sitting at a desk. If you have a quiet personality, you might want to work on that before you interview. You will be helping strangers every day on the job.

Airlines do not give feed back if you do not get hired. Most people aren't hired on their first flight attendant interview. Be prepared for a full day (early morning to late evening). Also, four weeks of unpaid training are mandatory for all Omni flight attendants. Lastly, starting flight attendants generally do not make a lot of money, no matter which airline they work for. Keep that in mind :)

Interview Question – Nothing was too difficult to answer, but before you actually interview, make sure you know why YOU want to become a flight attendant.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Omni hired applicants the same day. Starting pay is $18.05/hr with a minimum of 65 guaranteed hours of pay each month.

Dallas, TX

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Omni Air in September 2012.

Interview Details – Open House, Dallas, TX, 200 applicants 9/19/12 Info Presentation, Q&A. Break for 20 min. return for self presentation, in 60 seconds introduce yourself, tell why Omni and why you are a good fit for Omni. Done in front of 4 recruiters and 200 applicants, break for 30 min, first cut posted to return for interview

Interview Question – I didn't make the cut for the interview Q&A unfortunately. But it appeared from the cut that Omni was seeking young college graduates, multi lingual, with "a clean slate to mold" as one hired applicant put it. She stated at the interview process, one person who was due at 4pm showed up after the doors were closed and although her watch showed 4pm, they closed the door on her and wouldnt allow entrance for interview (keep in mind, there were no clocks in the interview room). Anyother applicant forgot a signature in one spot on her app. She was also turned away at that point and not invited to drug screening.   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Omni Air in January 2011.

Interview Details – There were about 240 people at the interview, first came the presentation, then FA told about the job, and a few upper management spoke about the co. The FA said she had worked there for 1 year and on her first trip out she was gone a total of 37 days, she had to wash her laundry in a bathtub but she had fun and got to travel around the world. I did not think this would be a very good place to work. The pay was $18.05 per hr. Plus perdiem

Interview Question – Why do you want to be a FA for Omni?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The days gone at one time and the pay and not very good flight benefits

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Omni Air? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Omni Air interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Omni Air employees and interview candidates.