Omni Hotels

Updated Nov 29, 2014
Updated Nov 29, 2014

2.6

Housekeeping Supervisor Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Omni Hotels.

I sent a resume in response to a Craigslist ad. I got a call in 2 days. I interviewed with all 3 people in one day. It was a very fast process. I was working within a week.

None

Guest Services Manager Interview

Interview process can be very quick with all hiring managers being available to meet with the candidates in the same day, however, that is the only good thing about the process. Once the candidate has been given the green light to be hired, Human Resources takes a long time to process background/references and an even longer time setting up an orientation date which could be as long as 3-4 weeks since the candidate first came in to interview because they don't want to waste their time working with small orientation groups. Due to the length of time it takes to finally get going, we've seen wonderful candidates accept other jobs that will start them faster.

Interview Questions
    • As a manager, how will you contribute to the operation without adding any unnecessary costs or expenses?   Answer Question
    Due to the fact that Omni prefers to low-ball their candidates to keep their labor dollars down, there is no negotiating. If you refuse the initial offer, they will not counter and will rescind the offer altogether and proceed with other candidates until someone does accept the low offer.

Front Desk Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Omni Hotels.

I got to the interview ahead of time and had a good interview. I only spoke to one person and it was my second time going for the same position.

Human Resources Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Omni Hotels.

My initial correspondence with the HR department at the hotel I applied to was very detailed. I was applying for one of the leadership training programs along with several others and the first round of interviews was conducted in a 2 person panel style. I met with two sets of managers from both Operations and HR. I then received a call back for a one on one with the HR Director, which was much more informal. After that I had a call with the corporate director and the GM at the property for a total of 5 interviews!

I never felt like I was being left in the dark or misled in any way. All of the managers were very professional!

Guest Service Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Omni Hotels.

I had three interviews in about 1-2 weeks. The interviews felt professional, yet casual. I was very comfortable during all three. They called me about an hour after my third interview to offer me the job! I have been working there over a year now and it has been a fun ride along the way. You meet a lot of people in this sort of business, but your co-workers definitely become your family. They're my best friends now!

Interview Questions
    • If you come prepared, the questions aren't too difficult or unexpected. Just know who you are and be prepared to sell what you believe in/do best.   Answer Question
    Definitely make sure you talk about hours per week. I know some employees who aren't getting enough hours and some that are working 5-6+ ten hour days.

Front Desk Agent Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Omni Hotels.

i applied and got a quick response an in maybe a week They sent me an email or an interview and i was really excited. It was conveniently located within the distance from my home and school

Interview Questions
    • when i arrived there was a line almost out the door full of applicants when asked how long they had been waiting some stated 45-1 hr past there original interview time   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Omni Hotels.

I did my interviewing over skype and the phone since I was unable to come in person. Interviews were all behavioral and situational questions. Everyone was really nice and easy to talk to.

Sales Manager Interview

great communication from the begining. Everybody was on the same page from the Admin to HR Dir and DOSM. Knowing that I travelled to the interview everybody met with me in one day and show me the hotel.

Interview Questions

got better offer somewhere else

Director of Human Resources Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Omni Hotels.

Normal interview process. Hospitality focus. They want to make sure you fit the culture. If you focus too much on profitability and ignore guest and employee needs , this is not the job for you.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was unexpected since I have been in the industry for a long time.   Answer Question
    Be open and honest with what you want.

Finance LID Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Omni Hotels in May 2014.

I applied through their website and received a callback a week later from a private number at 6pm on a Friday. The caller asked if I could do a phone interview for the following Monday.

The phone interview came in two parts. One was with HR and the other was with the Director of Finance. HR was nice as usual but the Director of Finance seemed very high strung and busy.

The HR interview was the basic interview: Tell me about yourself, Why do you want to work for Omni?
    The Director of Finance had more in depth questions about the position and ended the conversation to state that there was internal interest...aka they had they're guy. They offered me another position that seemed to fit my skills, but with a lower salary.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be willing to take a position that had a lower salary?   Answer Question