Omni Hotels

Relevance Date Difficulty

Night Auditor Interview

Night Auditor
Indianapolis, IN

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Omni Hotels in February 2014.

Interview Details – After climbing the ladder from Bellman, to minibar attendant, security to concierge- I expressed desire to get behind the front desk and be more of a part of the guests arrival and experience at Omni. After some verbal expression and emails about my interest, the front office manager offered me an interview to take the job. Questions were posed on possible guest complaints or complications and I answered them accordingly. The interview involved two upper management associates to provide a more diverse set of opinions. The interview was very professional, and likewise very comfortable and laid back. The interview chair was very comfortable.

Interview Question – The safety of a guest is in question. Their door is dead bolted with a "Do not Disturb" at 2am, but reports of distress have been heard from the room by other hotel patrons. There is no answer on the hotel room phone. What next actions do you take? Why?   View Answer

Finance LID Interview

Finance LID

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Omni Hotels in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through their website and received a callback a week later from a private number at 6pm on a Friday. The caller asked if I could do a phone interview for the following Monday.

The phone interview came in two parts. One was with HR and the other was with the Director of Finance. HR was nice as usual but the Director of Finance seemed very high strung and busy.

The HR interview was the basic interview: Tell me about yourself, Why do you want to work for Omni?
The Director of Finance had more in depth questions about the position and ended the conversation to state that there was internal interest...aka they had they're guy. They offered me another position that seemed to fit my skills, but with a lower salary.

Interview Question – Would you be willing to take a position that had a lower salary?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Finance LID Interview

Finance LID
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Omni Hotels in March 2014.

Interview Details – 2 back to back interviews with the area finance director and human resource director. FD was very nice. HR looked a bit hard to impress, but still all very nice people. Love hospitality professionals!

Interview Question – How would you go about with your work in your first month as a manager?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager

Interviewed at Omni Hotels

Interview Details – great communication from the begining. Everybody was on the same page from the Admin to HR Dir and DOSM. Knowing that I travelled to the interview everybody met with me in one day and show me the hotel.

Interview Question – why are you willing to relocate   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – got better offer somewhere else

Director of Human Resources Interview

Director of Human Resources

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Omni Hotels.

Interview Details – Normal interview process. Hospitality focus. They want to make sure you fit the culture. If you focus too much on profitability and ignore guest and employee needs , this is not the job for you.

Interview Question – Nothing was unexpected since I have been in the industry for a long time.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Be open and honest with what you want.

Nature Aid Interview

Nature Aid

Interviewed at Omni Hotels

Interview Details – I applied online, and then spoke on the telephone. Later I was called for in-person interviw.

Interview Question – The in-person interview seemed to go perfectly well, but I was led to the Nature care center, I spoke with the manager and I believe she is the one who calls the shots. Despite the fact that my main job would be taking care of animals which I had an abundance of of experience in, they seemed to want people in the hospitality field   View Answer

Bartender Interview

Bartender
Nashville, TN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Omni Hotels.

Interview Details – It was very difficult if not impossible to track down the hiring manager. Never answered phone and rarely returned calls.

Interview Question – Where will you be in five years?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Not impressed with the company or the way it handled the hiring process

Busser Interview

Busser
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Omni Hotels in February 2013.

Interview Details – It took two months to get a reply for an interview, but then I had gotten 5 interviews within a 2 an a half week span. Had to dress professionally, mainly the the questions, just different people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I was asked to take up a different position from a bartender to a busser.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Front Desk Agent

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Omni Hotels.

Interview Details – Took a few weeks after applying to hear anything. Had to go through 5 interviews. First with HR, then every single department head/manager of the department you are applying to.
Last interview is with the GM.

Interview Question – Standard questions about work ethic and situations. Mostly about difficult situations and customers. Frontline managers are more laid back interviews while higher up executives are stiff and robotic.   Answer Question

Assistant Facility Manager - New Hotel Facility In Nashville Interview

Assistant Facility Manager - New Hotel Facility In Nashville

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Omni Hotels.

Interview Details – Mass hiring event - a zoo. When I arrived there was little organization and no signage. I was 30 minutes ahead of the announced start and a queue of 50 people was lined up inside a locked building.....a nice guy let me in to join the crowd. All in line were pre checked for printed applications, etc and then sent to a holding room/pen for further interview. I felt like an animal. Prior to the hiring event I had to spend 2 hours online taking a series of tests and answering questions focused on character and math abilities. Ridiculous for someone with a college degree and 20 yrs experience in the marketplace.

Interview Question – Why are you applying for this position with Omni?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Omni Hotels

Worked for Omni Hotels? Contribute to the Community!