Omni Hotels Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2015

2.6

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Omni Hotels (Asheville, NC) in August 2015.

Interview

Went into the HR office, interviewed with three different people. Had an enjoyable time throughout the entire interview process. Very relaxed, met four different supervisors. Got a tour of the hotel, and met the employees. Not stressful at all if you are good a talking to people.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a costumer who was dissatisfied?   1 Answer

Server/Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Omni Hotels (Orlando, FL).

Interview

I placed an application and was contacted the next day to schedule an interview. Upon arriving, I quickly realized it was a group interview as several other candidates were waiting in the lobby to be seen. The hiring director called us up individually and gave us a very thorough explanation about the job. She then gave us an idea of how the actual interview would go. We would all be called into a room before the managers for all of their food outlets. We would be asked a series of 5 questions by each manager. She didn't really explain too much about how we would know whether or not we were hired. After the group interview the managers asked us all to wait in to room for them to go over each candidate. One person was called by one manager and then I was called by another manager. She asked me if I had any further questions for her about the position. I told her no and she told me that someone would be calling me by Monday to set everything up. That was the last I heard from them. There was never a follow up of any kind. attempted to reach

Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Omni Hotels (Fort Worth, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I went through five different interviews from HR all the way to the GM of the hotel. Every person I met with was very gracious, and spoke highly of the company and the people who work there. They genuinely seemed interested in why I was applying and what my goals were with the company. It was a good experience.

DRA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Omni Hotels.

Interview

Apply online, same day I had my phone interview. Pretty easy. Interview questions was easy also. Human Resources team was very friendly and helpful. Interview was more to know my personality. Lay back enviorment.

Marketing Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Omni Hotels (Dallas, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Asked me why I want to work for Omni? Where do I see myself in 5 year? What was my background experience? I had to pay $15.00 to park and walk 3 city blocks. No one knew where the interview was being held at. Finally made it the the interview room and waited in line with 10 other candidates. They offered $15.00 an hour and I declined the position on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you will be doing in this position?   1 Answer

Loss Prevention Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Omni Hotels (Providence, RI) in April 2015.

Interview

Several stages of the interview process. First is meeting with an HR representative where the standard interview questions are asked such as: Why are you leaving your current position?, What interests you about this position, etc. The next interview will be with your direct report, for this position it was the Director of Operations. This interview was done immediately after the HR interview for me, not sure if that is ordinarily the case however. This part was very similar but asked a few more in-depth questions regarding your past experience. A few days later I was called in for another interview with the General Manager. Some of your standard interview questions were asked here as well. My advice is be prepared with questions, have good eye contact, research the company, and be well-groomed. After these interviews if they continue to be interested you will receive a Predictive Index survey, my advice is just answer this truthfully. Finally they will conduct a background check and will call at least 3 references.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Omni? Answering this question well shows your interest in the company and the position.   1 Answer

Banquet Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Omni Hotels (Broomfield, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

It was great, actually went very well. The typical questions they ask during an interview can usually be googled. This way it is easy to practice your response if you don't seem prepared enough ahead of time.

Interview Questions

• What makes you think you can handle this job?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Omni Hotels in April 2015.

Interview

First interview with a Director of Human resource by phone. Once passed a Skype interview is scheduled to get to know you a little further. Once passed this section you have the opportunity to interview with the department head who has the final say for the position. The company is very adamant that they prefer hiring from within and subsequently did hire an internal candidate.

Interview Questions

• Why this position? What is your retention rate for the officers in your current department? What would your current boss have to say if I called him to ask about you? What are your strengths? How did you handle your last disagreement with your boss?   Answer Question

Order Taker ( In Room Dining ) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Desert, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Omni Hotels (Palm Desert, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online, had a phone interview about a week later, had an in person interview a few days after that, about two weeks later had a second in person interview

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Omni Hotels.

Interview

Internal Interview - applied for a promotion - had to have specific amount of time in position before being allowed to apply for a different position After application, executive committee determines if you meet all of the qualifications for the position before they give you the opportunity to interview for the position