Omni Hotels Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.6

DRA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Omni Hotels.

Interview

Apply online, same day I had my phone interview. Pretty easy. Interview questions was easy also. Human Resources team was very friendly and helpful. Interview was more to know my personality. Lay back enviorment.

Loss Prevention Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Omni Hotels (Providence, RI) in April 2015.

Interview

Several stages of the interview process. First is meeting with an HR representative where the standard interview questions are asked such as: Why are you leaving your current position?, What interests you about this position, etc. The next interview will be with your direct report, for this position it was the Director of Operations. This interview was done immediately after the HR interview for me, not sure if that is ordinarily the case however. This part was very similar but asked a few more in-depth questions regarding your past experience. A few days later I was called in for another interview with the General Manager. Some of your standard interview questions were asked here as well. My advice is be prepared with questions, have good eye contact, research the company, and be well-groomed. After these interviews if they continue to be interested you will receive a Predictive Index survey, my advice is just answer this truthfully. Finally they will conduct a background check and will call at least 3 references.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Omni? Answering this question well shows your interest in the company and the position.   1 Answer

Order Taker ( In Room Dining ) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Desert, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Omni Hotels (Palm Desert, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online, had a phone interview about a week later, had an in person interview a few days after that, about two weeks later had a second in person interview

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Omni Hotels in April 2015.

Interview

First interview with a Director of Human resource by phone. Once passed a Skype interview is scheduled to get to know you a little further. Once passed this section you have the opportunity to interview with the department head who has the final say for the position. The company is very adamant that they prefer hiring from within and subsequently did hire an internal candidate.

Interview Questions

• Why this position?
      What is your retention rate for the officers in your current department?
      What would your current boss have to say if I called him to ask about you?
      What are your strengths?
      How did you handle your last disagreement with your boss?

Answer Question

Marketing Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Omni Hotels (Dallas, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Asked me why I want to work for Omni? Where do I see myself in 5 year? What was my background experience? I had to pay $15.00 to park and walk 3 city blocks. No one knew where the interview was being held at. Finally made it the the interview room and waited in line with 10 other candidates. They offered $15.00 an hour and I declined the position on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you will be doing in this position?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Omni Hotels.

Interview

Internal Interview - applied for a promotion - had to have specific amount of time in position before being allowed to apply for a different position

After application, executive committee determines if you meet all of the qualifications for the position before they give you the opportunity to interview for the position

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Omni Hotels (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

The steps for the interviewing process were seamless. Interviewed with the help of mentors that encouraged me along the way, went through all of the channels to the Corporate Office via a web based Interface called WePow and had the opportunity to meet face to face with upper management from a different state. All said and done, very smooth transisition.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when things did not go your way or when an idea you implemented failed, how did you handle that situation?   1 Answer

Finance LID Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Omni Hotels (San Diego, CA).

Interview

If you can get past HR good luck. They're usually looking for someone who has at least 3 years experience for an internship. It leads to a management role so it's a good learning experience. Expect a screening interview from HR. Make sure they have the correct resume, they had someone else's while interviewing me. She tried to make me feel dumb that I didn't know I worked a place I never worked. Never heard anything from them after the HR screen. Found out they recalled the job notice because they couldn't find anyone with 10 years experience for an internship.

Interview Questions

• Name a problem that you could never solve and how you handled not solving it...   Answer Question

Clinical Supply Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Omni Hotels (Nashville, TN) in January 2015.

Interview

Once you apply online an hr person contacts you for a prescreen. Your answers are submitted to the hiring manager. They hiring department will contact you if they are interested and set up an interiew.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Omni Hotels (Dallas, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Pretty simple but a very long day. They had me meet with multiple people all on the same day. Some were individual, others were with 2/3 people. Most interviews went quickly while others took the 30 minutes that were scheduled.

Interview Questions

• What marketing strategy have you seen lately, that another hotel is using, that you like?   1 Answer