Omni Hotels Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2014
Updated Aug 19, 2014

2.6

Front Desk Agent Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Omni Hotels.

i applied and got a quick response an in maybe a week They sent me an email or an interview and i was really excited. It was conveniently located within the distance from my home and school

Interview Questions
    • when i arrived there was a line almost out the door full of applicants when asked how long they had been waiting some stated 45-1 hr past there original interview time   Answer Question

Golf Operations Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Omni Hotels in June 2012.

Telephone interview by HR, telephone interview by Head Professional and then sit down iterview with Director, Golf Operations. Questions were situational, how long do you plan on working in the guest service business, do you have difficulty dealing with troubled guests or employees.

NO negotiation, minimum wage.

Front Office Supervisor Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Omni Hotels in December 2012.

My interview as a front desk agent went smoothly. I never expected to excel as much as I did. I plan on interviewing my associates the same way I was interviewed. They really got to know me and my personality int he interview. It was the most comfortable interview i have ever been in.

Night Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Omni Hotels in February 2014.

After climbing the ladder from Bellman, to minibar attendant, security to concierge- I expressed desire to get behind the front desk and be more of a part of the guests arrival and experience at Omni. After some verbal expression and emails about my interest, the front office manager offered me an interview to take the job. Questions were posed on possible guest complaints or complications and I answered them accordingly. The interview involved two upper management associates to provide a more diverse set of opinions. The interview was very professional, and likewise very comfortable and laid back. The interview chair was very comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • The safety of a guest is in question. Their door is dead bolted with a "Do not Disturb" at 2am, but reports of distress have been heard from the room by other hotel patrons. There is no answer on the hotel room phone. What next actions do you take? Why?   View Answer

Finance LID Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Omni Hotels in May 2014.

I applied through their website and received a callback a week later from a private number at 6pm on a Friday. The caller asked if I could do a phone interview for the following Monday.

The phone interview came in two parts. One was with HR and the other was with the Director of Finance. HR was nice as usual but the Director of Finance seemed very high strung and busy.

The HR interview was the basic interview: Tell me about yourself, Why do you want to work for Omni?
    The Director of Finance had more in depth questions about the position and ended the conversation to state that there was internal interest...aka they had they're guy. They offered me another position that seemed to fit my skills, but with a lower salary.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be willing to take a position that had a lower salary?   Answer Question

Finance LID Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Omni Hotels in March 2014.

2 back to back interviews with the area finance director and human resource director. FD was very nice. HR looked a bit hard to impress, but still all very nice people. Love hospitality professionals!

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about with your work in your first month as a manager?   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

great communication from the begining. Everybody was on the same page from the Admin to HR Dir and DOSM. Knowing that I travelled to the interview everybody met with me in one day and show me the hotel.

Interview Questions

got better offer somewhere else

Director of Human Resources Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Omni Hotels.

Normal interview process. Hospitality focus. They want to make sure you fit the culture. If you focus too much on profitability and ignore guest and employee needs , this is not the job for you.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was unexpected since I have been in the industry for a long time.   Answer Question
    Be open and honest with what you want.

Nature Aid Interview

I applied online, and then spoke on the telephone. Later I was called for in-person interviw.

Interview Questions
    • The in-person interview seemed to go perfectly well, but I was led to the Nature care center, I spoke with the manager and I believe she is the one who calls the shots. Despite the fact that my main job would be taking care of animals which I had an abundance of of experience in, they seemed to want people in the hospitality field   View Answer

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Omni Hotels.

It was very difficult if not impossible to track down the hiring manager. Never answered phone and rarely returned calls.

Interview Questions

Not impressed with the company or the way it handled the hiring process

Worked for Omni Hotels? Contribute to the Community!