Omni Hotels Interview Questions

Updated Mar 12, 2015
Updated Mar 12, 2015

2.6

Manager Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Omni Hotels.

Internal Interview - applied for a promotion - had to have specific amount of time in position before being allowed to apply for a different position

After application, executive committee determines if you meet all of the qualifications for the position before they give you the opportunity to interview for the position

Finance LID Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Omni Hotels.

If you can get past HR good luck. They're usually looking for someone who has at least 3 years experience for an internship. It leads to a management role so it's a good learning experience. Expect a screening interview from HR. Make sure they have the correct resume, they had someone else's while interviewing me. She tried to make me feel dumb that I didn't know I worked a place I never worked. Never heard anything from them after the HR screen. Found out they recalled the job notice because they couldn't find anyone with 10 years experience for an internship.

Interview Questions
    • Name a problem that you could never solve and how you handled not solving it...   Answer Question

Clinical Supply Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I applied online – interviewed at Omni Hotels in January 2015.

Once you apply online an hr person contacts you for a prescreen. Your answers are submitted to the hiring manager. They hiring department will contact you if they are interested and set up an interiew.

Housekeeping Supervisor Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Omni Hotels.

I sent a resume in response to a Craigslist ad. I got a call in 2 days. I interviewed with all 3 people in one day. It was a very fast process. I was working within a week.

None

Guest Services Manager Interview

Interview process can be very quick with all hiring managers being available to meet with the candidates in the same day, however, that is the only good thing about the process. Once the candidate has been given the green light to be hired, Human Resources takes a long time to process background/references and an even longer time setting up an orientation date which could be as long as 3-4 weeks since the candidate first came in to interview because they don't want to waste their time working with small orientation groups. Due to the length of time it takes to finally get going, we've seen wonderful candidates accept other jobs that will start them faster.

Interview Questions
    • As a manager, how will you contribute to the operation without adding any unnecessary costs or expenses?   Answer Question
    Due to the fact that Omni prefers to low-ball their candidates to keep their labor dollars down, there is no negotiating. If you refuse the initial offer, they will not counter and will rescind the offer altogether and proceed with other candidates until someone does accept the low offer.

Front Desk Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Omni Hotels.

I got to the interview ahead of time and had a good interview. I only spoke to one person and it was my second time going for the same position.

Human Resources Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Omni Hotels.

My initial correspondence with the HR department at the hotel I applied to was very detailed. I was applying for one of the leadership training programs along with several others and the first round of interviews was conducted in a 2 person panel style. I met with two sets of managers from both Operations and HR. I then received a call back for a one on one with the HR Director, which was much more informal. After that I had a call with the corporate director and the GM at the property for a total of 5 interviews!

I never felt like I was being left in the dark or misled in any way. All of the managers were very professional!

Guest Service Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Omni Hotels.

I had three interviews in about 1-2 weeks. The interviews felt professional, yet casual. I was very comfortable during all three. They called me about an hour after my third interview to offer me the job! I have been working there over a year now and it has been a fun ride along the way. You meet a lot of people in this sort of business, but your co-workers definitely become your family. They're my best friends now!

Interview Questions
    • If you come prepared, the questions aren't too difficult or unexpected. Just know who you are and be prepared to sell what you believe in/do best.   Answer Question
    Definitely make sure you talk about hours per week. I know some employees who aren't getting enough hours and some that are working 5-6+ ten hour days.

Front Desk Agent Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Omni Hotels.

i applied and got a quick response an in maybe a week They sent me an email or an interview and i was really excited. It was conveniently located within the distance from my home and school

Interview Questions
    • when i arrived there was a line almost out the door full of applicants when asked how long they had been waiting some stated 45-1 hr past there original interview time   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Omni Hotels.

I did my interviewing over skype and the phone since I was unable to come in person. Interviews were all behavioral and situational questions. Everyone was really nice and easy to talk to.