Omni Hotels Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.6

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Omni Hotels (Dallas, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn and was emailed about coming in to an interview. I arrived at Omni Hotel and waited with roughly ten other candidates while they called us in one by one. I went in for my interview and spoke to a very nice woman who asked me general questions about my background and experience. It was a short 30-minute interview, after which they told me they would let me know if I had received the job.

Housekeeping Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Omni Hotels.

Interview

I sent a resume in response to a Craigslist ad. I got a call in 2 days. I interviewed with all 3 people in one day. It was a very fast process. I was working within a week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Guest Services Manager Interview

Interview

Interview process can be very quick with all hiring managers being available to meet with the candidates in the same day, however, that is the only good thing about the process. Once the candidate has been given the green light to be hired, Human Resources takes a long time to process background/references and an even longer time setting up an orientation date which could be as long as 3-4 weeks since the candidate first came in to interview because they don't want to waste their time working with small orientation groups. Due to the length of time it takes to finally get going, we've seen wonderful candidates accept other jobs that will start them faster.

Interview Questions

• As a manager, how will you contribute to the operation without adding any unnecessary costs or expenses?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Due to the fact that Omni prefers to low-ball their candidates to keep their labor dollars down, there is no negotiating. If you refuse the initial offer, they will not counter and will rescind the offer altogether and proceed with other candidates until someone does accept the low offer.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Omni Hotels.

Interview

I got to the interview ahead of time and had a good interview. I only spoke to one person and it was my second time going for the same position.

Outlet Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Omni Hotels in November 2014.

Interview

I met with HR in her office and she was very attentive and professional. She asked mostly about my previous position, the work environment I previously had and my management style. Questions on handling unhappy customers and employees who are not team players. She asked basic strength/weakness questions and my salary requirements. Following my interview with HR she asked if I had anytime to meet with director of F&B but this half of the interview did not go as well. I went on with this part of the interview which was conducted in the restaurant. This interviewer basically wrote me off within the first 5 minutes into his interview. I caught him looking down at my ring and he was overall very distracted looking behind me or past me and responding to his earphone he apparently was too busy to give me his undivided attention. I left feeling very dismissed and undervalued. Anyway you have to pay for parking and there are no uniforms so you must provide your own suits.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Omni Hotels.

Interview

My initial correspondence with the HR department at the hotel I applied to was very detailed. I was applying for one of the leadership training programs along with several others and the first round of interviews was conducted in a 2 person panel style. I met with two sets of managers from both Operations and HR. I then received a call back for a one on one with the HR Director, which was much more informal. After that I had a call with the corporate director and the GM at the property for a total of 5 interviews!

I never felt like I was being left in the dark or misled in any way. All of the managers were very professional!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Omni Hotels.

Interview

Filled out application online. Received a call and had a phone interview. Met in the HR department for second interview and proceeded to have 3 interviews with different managers/ hr. Good experience easy work related questions.

Other job opportunities

Guest Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Omni Hotels.

Interview

I had three interviews in about 1-2 weeks. The interviews felt professional, yet casual. I was very comfortable during all three. They called me about an hour after my third interview to offer me the job! I have been working there over a year now and it has been a fun ride along the way. You meet a lot of people in this sort of business, but your co-workers definitely become your family. They're my best friends now!

Interview Questions

• If you come prepared, the questions aren't too difficult or unexpected. Just know who you are and be prepared to sell what you believe in/do best.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Definitely make sure you talk about hours per week. I know some employees who aren't getting enough hours and some that are working 5-6+ ten hour days.

Steward Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Omni Hotels (Atlanta, GA) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview was held over several days with several different people in human resources. The last time you are called in you meet the heads of your department. The ask the usual interview questions like why did you choose the omni? Tell us a little about your self? Tell us about a times you had to deal with a difficult customer. Etc.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Omni Hotels.

Interview

i applied and got a quick response an in maybe a week They sent me an email or an interview and i was really excited. It was conveniently located within the distance from my home and school

Interview Questions

• when i arrived there was a line almost out the door full of applicants when asked how long they had been waiting some stated 45-1 hr past there original interview time   Answer Question