Omni Hotels Interview Questions

2.6

Busser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Omni Hotels in February 2013.

It took two months to get a reply for an interview, but then I had gotten 5 interviews within a 2 an a half week span. Had to dress professionally, mainly the the questions, just different people.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you a time you helped a friend with a problem?   View Answer
    • What are two of your greatest weeknesses   View Answer
    • What are your two greatest strengths?   View Answer
    • Why should we hire you?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to handle a difficult situation   Answer Question
    I was asked to take up a different position from a bartender to a busser.

Massage Therapist Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Omni Hotels.

After submitting application, two phone interviews, one a personality test, then narrowed down to 25 person group interview, all day and into evening, totaling 15 hours, 13 at the facility, 2 on the phone. Individually interviewed by 3 different people.They were very professional and handled the group interview process with skill, efficiency, and variety of speakers. They left very little, if anything, unanswered. The Q&A section mainly consisted of repeating information previously stated or of a specific individual concern.The catered lunch was generous and tasty. They were very skilled at asking questions to discern personality traits, work ethics and employment motives I interviewed under KSL Resorts ownership not Omni Hotels.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about what there is to do in your hometown.   View Answer
    • Do I prefer to work with details or the bigger picture and explain my reasoning.   View Answer
    • Who went into this profession wanting to be self employed or own their own business?   View Answer
    • Are you okay working all holidays and shifts?   View Answer

I would have loved to have been able to accept the position. Declined for several reasons, 1) no relocation help 2) long training period at hourly wage, 3) 80 hour of additional CEU's required in 8 month period of time( may be a month off in either direction) 4) compensation potential below industry average. I simply could not afford to take the position. Maybe after the first year, I could have been able to afford to support myself. The compensation may have been fair in an area with a lower of cost of living. They seemed to offer fairly generous perks, and while I understand one must consider them as part of their total income, perks don't pay the power bill.

Front Desk Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Omni Hotels.

Took a few weeks after applying to hear anything. Had to go through 5 interviews. First with HR, then every single department head/manager of the department you are applying to.
    Last interview is with the GM.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions about work ethic and situations. Mostly about difficult situations and customers. Frontline managers are more laid back interviews while higher up executives are stiff and robotic.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant for Golf Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Omni Hotels in September 2013.

I applied online and they called me the same day for a personal interview.
    The interview process went very well. They asked me the most common interview questions such as tell me about yourself, tell me about your strengths, weakness, your future career goals, etc...

Interview Questions
    • I really didn't have any difficult questions. The interviewer was a very nice lady.   View Answer

Assistant Facility Manager - New Hotel Facility In Nashville Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Omni Hotels.

Mass hiring event - a zoo. When I arrived there was little organization and no signage. I was 30 minutes ahead of the announced start and a queue of 50 people was lined up inside a locked building.....a nice guy let me in to join the crowd. All in line were pre checked for printed applications, etc and then sent to a holding room/pen for further interview. I felt like an animal. Prior to the hiring event I had to spend 2 hours online taking a series of tests and answering questions focused on character and math abilities. Ridiculous for someone with a college degree and 20 yrs experience in the marketplace.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you applying for this position with Omni?   View Answer

Front Desk Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Omni Hotels in August 2013.

ontacted Via Telephone. Phone interview that went well. Called back within a week and a week later; I received email correspondence saying I was not being offered a position. If a position was to open up they would then contact me. ** I didn't arrive early due to parking troubles.** Could be why I was not offered the position.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Omni Hotels.

HR interview and resume review; Front Office Manager & Director of Rooms Interviews - 90 day discretionary work period

Interview Questions
    • What do you want to get out of this position? Stay long-term? Future goals within program?   Answer Question
    Contractual, part-time vs full-time expectations and requirements, full-time benefit descriptions, dress-code and work ethic expectations

Senior Assistant Director of Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Omni Hotels in August 2013.

Applied online then attended a Job Fair with a multi-stage screening process. First waited until my 'number' was called. Then faced an initial screening interview, followed by an interview with the hiring manager. Although very long screening process, the recruiting team was very friendly and very professional in everyway. Although I did not receive an offer, I believe I made a very positive impression and felt very good about the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Since you do not have hotel industry experience, you would not be a good fit for the position. You are overqualified for the lower positions and would likely get bored. What do you think?   View Answer

Director of Food and Beverage Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Omni Hotels in April 2012.

Process was quick and positive, all until the interview was over. I was brought in for a day and given the chance to meet the GM, HR Manager and a few other key players. I was not introduced to the F&B leads, however, and never saw the offices. Was rushed through the day and didn't get the time I felt was needed to really know me.

Interview Questions
    • Can't think of one specifically, but all questions were very vague from the GM. He was obviously looking for a certain look and attitude, as opposed to understanding the skills/background of me.   View Answer

Catering Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied in-person - interviewed at Omni Hotels.

I applied in person and was later called for an interview. I met with the department head only. Later, I returned for a second interview with three women from the department. This meeting took place in the hotel lobby area.