Omni Hotels

Relevance Date Difficulty

Front Desk Agent Interview

Front Desk Agent
San Antonio, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Omni Hotels.

Interview Details – HR interview and resume review; Front Office Manager & Director of Rooms Interviews - 90 day discretionary work period

Interview Question – What do you want to get out of this position? Stay long-term? Future goals within program?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Contractual, part-time vs full-time expectations and requirements, full-time benefit descriptions, dress-code and work ethic expectations

Senior Assistant Director of Finance Interview

Senior Assistant Director of Finance
Nashville, TN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Omni Hotels in August 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online then attended a Job Fair with a multi-stage screening process. First waited until my 'number' was called. Then faced an initial screening interview, followed by an interview with the hiring manager. Although very long screening process, the recruiting team was very friendly and very professional in everyway. Although I did not receive an offer, I believe I made a very positive impression and felt very good about the interview.

Interview Question – Since you do not have hotel industry experience, you would not be a good fit for the position. You are overqualified for the lower positions and would likely get bored. What do you think?   View Answer

Director of Food and Beverage Interview

Director of Food and Beverage
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Omni Hotels in April 2012.

Interview Details – Process was quick and positive, all until the interview was over. I was brought in for a day and given the chance to meet the GM, HR Manager and a few other key players. I was not introduced to the F&B leads, however, and never saw the offices. Was rushed through the day and didn't get the time I felt was needed to really know me.

Interview Question – Can't think of one specifically, but all questions were very vague from the GM. He was obviously looking for a certain look and attitude, as opposed to understanding the skills/background of me.   View Answer

Catering Administrative Interview

Catering Administrative
Austin, TX

I applied in-person and interviewed at Omni Hotels.

Interview Details – I applied in person and was later called for an interview. I met with the department head only. Later, I returned for a second interview with three women from the department. This meeting took place in the hotel lobby area.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Front Desk Agent

Interviewed at Omni Hotels

Interview Details – Called and got an interview.

Interview Question – What type of manager do you work well with?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not possible.

Very Easy Interview

Loss Prevention Interview

Loss Prevention

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Omni Hotels.

Interview Details – Interview with HR if they like bring you they bring you in to meet with the General manager.

Interview Question – Very general questions, "what would you do if you heard a disturbance in one of the rooms??" my answer call the real police! Which is the right choice.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Food and Beverage Manager Interview

Food and Beverage Manager
Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Omni Hotels in November 2010.

Interview Details – The process is very slow, could take 2-3 weeks to get follow up call backs, HR is overwhelmed. The department heads do not have the training to interview candidates, many good potential employees never are brought back, they find jobs elsewhere.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time...   View Answer

Reason for Declining – other offers came in in the 2-3 weeks waiting time

Steward Position Interview

Steward Position
Amelia Island, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Omni Hotels in January 2013.

Interview Details – Attended the poorly organized job fair the other reviewer mentioned. I did make it to the 2nd round of questioning but that was 5 hours later, and it was obvious they had the position filled by then. The guy asked me about NFL football and said "we'll call you"

Interview Question – First round of questioning were typical describe experience, work style, etc. By the time I got to the 2nd round it was obvious the job was filled, interviewer commented on my hometown and was a fan of our NFL team, made some small talk about the team, which was difficult considering I couldn't care less about football, and that was the "interview"...and then the universal "we'll call you" rejection...I was surprised this "interview" didn't even have a single question...they were giving computer analysis tests so as I was leaving, I went back to ask the guy about if I'd be given one, was told it was too late...which it was I got there at 130pm and it was 630pm, and they'd give them when they call you in. I'd of rather been told the position was filled and sent on my way than waste my time   Answer Question

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Human Resources Coordinator
Jacksonville, FL

I interviewed at Omni Hotels in January 2013.

Interview Details – I tried applying online for an HR Coordinator position, but the HR Smart program was down. Ironically the following day, the closest Omni hotel was hosting a job fair, so I just decided I would attend that and submit my resume in person instead. This job fair was very poorly planned. Every person through the door was interviewed--even felons--and I ended up waiting about 3 hours for a position that had already been filled a week prior. They did not properly screen everyone that showed up. There were manager candidates and other degree-required candidates waiting around for hours while hourly candidates (most of which wouldn't make it through the first round) took up the majority of the interviewers' time. Even if the position I was interested in WAS still available, this job fair showed how poor the HR department really is. Not so sure I would want to work there now even if I were offered a position..

Interview Question – Didn't get asked anything. I waited three hours at a "job fair" to be told the position was already filled.   Answer Question

Naturalist Interview

Naturalist
Amelia Island, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Omni Hotels in January 2011.

Interview Details – Applied multiple times online, but no response. Finally went to hotel to job fair, and got an interview. A lot of work for a $9 job.

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, they told me the pay and that was it.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Omni Hotels