OmniVision Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Jul 18, 2015

2.4

Product Validation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at OmniVision Technologies (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Jus they asked about the resume stuff. They asked the basic question from the VLSI domain and also question regarding the projects on resume. Questions regrding python wer asked. THe manager was an Indian. So it was little tuff to tackle the interview. Oly if u have refereel u can get interview calls

Verification Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at OmniVision Technologies.

Interview

phone interview: They asked me about school projects that I have done and if I know VLSI process and analog circuit. Nothing technical just chat and see what I have done and what I know.

Characterization Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OmniVision Technologies in November 2013.

Interview

most of time talking about my designs, then said he can not get what I focused on.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at OmniVision Technologies.

Interview

Very straight-forward.

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at OmniVision Technologies (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Very unhappy people will ask you very basic questions. Depressing building. Employees were complaining about the lack of professionalism and freedom to make decisions. HR person is always late and will ask you very simple annoying questions. The purpose of the interview is to prepare you for long boring meetings.

Optical R&D Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at OmniVision Technologies (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

I give the interview in the Taiwan. Because my background in Taiwan is the same with OmniVision technologies inc .

Interview Questions

• Find the new suitable optical glue lens material and check the lens quality with MTF data   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OmniVision Technologies (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

It was a 4 hours interview. Started with HR explaining the job. Then the Manager, senior engineer and junior engineer interviewed 1:1. Mostly technical.

Interview Questions

• How do you write an algorithm to ocunt the number of seconds a person lived since his birth given his DOB   1 Answer

Verification Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at OmniVision Technologies (San Jose, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

After the HR phone screen, there was a one-hr technical phone screen...pretty simple one....basic logic design...microarchitecture...verilog/systemverilog questions. They took about a month to reply and setup an onsite interview...which was 1:1 with around 6-7 people. All technical...varied from logic design...to microarchitecture...cache...pipelining....FPGA architecture.....C/C++......unix/perl.....verilog/systemverilog qs.....pretty tough questions...took another month to reply for the results. I was happy with the technical expertise they have, though the HR communication is quite slow...they kept me waiting for long....

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OmniVision Technologies (Rochester, NY) in August 2008.

Interview

The guys interviewing me were not trying to hire me. They were using the interview to find out information about the technology I was working on my current company

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions about the technology I was working on which of cource I could not answer   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OmniVision Technologies.

Interview

hiring and intreview process went well and pretty efficeint. The whole process has been accomplished in a week or so. The hiring manager and the team was very friendly as well.

Negotiation