OmniVision Technologies

Updated Nov 8, 2014
Updated Nov 8, 2014

2.7

Verification Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at OmniVision Technologies.

phone interview: They asked me about school projects that I have done and if I know VLSI process and analog circuit. Nothing technical just chat and see what I have done and what I know.

Characterization Interview

I applied online – interviewed at OmniVision Technologies in November 2013.

most of time talking about my designs, then said he can not get what I focused on.

Sales Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at OmniVision Technologies.

Very straight-forward.

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at OmniVision Technologies in January 2011.

It was a 4 hours interview. Started with HR explaining the job. Then the Manager, senior engineer and junior engineer interviewed 1:1. Mostly technical.

Interview Questions
    • How do you write an algorithm to ocunt the number of seconds a person lived since his birth given his DOB   View Answer

Optical R&D Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at OmniVision Technologies in January 2011.

I give the interview in the Taiwan. Because my background in Taiwan is the same with OmniVision technologies inc .

Interview Questions
    • Find the new suitable optical glue lens material and check the lens quality with MTF data   Answer Question

Verification Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at OmniVision Technologies in August 2010.

After the HR phone screen, there was a one-hr technical phone screen...pretty simple one....basic logic design...microarchitecture...verilog/systemverilog questions. They took about a month to reply and setup an onsite interview...which was 1:1 with around 6-7 people. All technical...varied from logic design...to microarchitecture...cache...pipelining....FPGA architecture.....C/C++......unix/perl.....verilog/systemverilog qs.....pretty tough questions...took another month to reply for the results. I was happy with the technical expertise they have, though the HR communication is quite slow...they kept me waiting for long....

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at OmniVision Technologies in August 2008.

The guys interviewing me were not trying to hire me. They were using the interview to find out information about the technology I was working on my current company

Interview Questions
    • A lot of questions about the technology I was working on which of cource I could not answer   View Answer

Senior Analog IC Designer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at OmniVision Technologies.

hiring and intreview process went well and pretty efficeint. The whole process has been accomplished in a week or so. The hiring manager and the team was very friendly as well.

Digital Design Engineer Interview

After hearing from a HR manager, I was informed to have a phone interview with the manager of digital design group. The phone interview lasts for about half an hour. Still waiting for their further information.

Interview Questions
    • Transistor level design...since I expected that I would be interviewed with RTL level problems.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at OmniVision Technologies in February 2011.

The interview process was easy, but I wasn't sure if hiring manager and upper management (including VP level) were on the same page of what they were looking for in term of candidate skill and technical background. I thought they just wanted to get people in to understand some leading technologies they are working on. It seems like a Taiwanese style run company. There are many many Chinese speaking people in the company - well, it's nothing wrong with that... I was asked if i was Chinese. After interview, I received no follow up from HR - which I think it's not professional.

Interview Questions
    • What technology you have developed in your working career?   Answer Question