Omnicare

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Finance Analyst Interview

Senior Finance Analyst
Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Omnicare in January 2011.

Interview Details – Recruiting contacted me, I replied, submitted resume, interviewed with 4 people at corporate and was offered a job in 3 weeks. Overall it was a quick process, they stayed in touch and kept me informed of their process. I have no complaints about the process. Some of the people interviewing asked generic behavioral interview questions, but overall it was a good experience.

Interview Question – What is your most proud accomplishment in your career?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered, I countered, they accepted.

Biller Interview

Biller

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Omnicare.

Interview Details – Very quick 3 day process, 3 panel interview. Easy standard questions, one Manager and two supervisors. They did try and make you comfortable, but what they presented and what turned out to be true were not the same!

Interview Question – None that were difficult   Answer Question

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Omnicare.

Interview Details – I applied for a position online and 4 days later they contacted me for a phone interview, the phone interview went well so they contacted me back for a job interview. The job interview I was told would consist of two exams and I would be sent the information I needed in order to study for it. My interview was set up for 4 days later and I have to study the top 200 drugs and had to know the brand to generic and their infractions, as well as a list of sig codes, and conversions. I went and took the two exams and I did very well therefore I went on to the interview. I interviewed with someone from Hr it went extremely well and then on to someone from the department she gave me information about the position and asked me several questions. Soon after that I sat down with a technician and was shown what I could be doing if hired. The interview went extremely well the personalities were great and I really liked the environment. I got a call two days later for an offer and accepted the position. I'm coming from retail pharmacy making $15.00 an hour and they offered more then that. I'm most looking forward to actually having lunch, being in an office like setting, and making more money. Also they have lots of overtime which is very appealing to a mother who has a family to support. This could be very beneficial for birthdays and Christmas.

Interview Question – It wasn't a question it was the exams that were timed so a lot of pressure but it seems if you have been working in pharmacy for 5-10 years you'll do well but you still need to reviews the information they send you. Most importantly the top 200 drug list!!!!!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation needed they paid me more then my current position in which I already made good money for retail pharmacy.

Triage Technician Interview

Triage Technician

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Omnicare.

Interview Details – When I applied for the job, the website it was on said the degree requirements were a high school diploma/GED. A few days after applying I received an email asking me to set up a phone interview. A rep called the same day to do an interview. She gave me a description of the job and hours and told me she would forward my resume to the hiring manager at our local pharmacy. I was told I would know by the end of the week, and that if chosen for the position another interview would take place next week. I heard the next day and was asked if I could come in for an interview that day. Upon arrival, I waited in the lobby for awhile before I was brought back. I could tell by the tone of the interviewers voice and statements like "what we really want is pharmacy experience" and "we have other interviews lined up and are hoping that one of them has more experience". He spoke to me like he doubted my ability to perform routine tasks and made repeated statements like "well it's a lot to learn", and even with my reassurance I still felt like the decision had already been made. Their description of the hours and days worked was far different than the description given to me by the person who did my phone interview, too! Seemed like no one was on the same page.

Interview Question – Name a time you had to complete numerous tasks in a fast paced environment.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Omnicare

Interview Details – They called me for the interview on a Wednesday to come 2 days later. it was very comfortable and relaxed but you have to know alot about the job before hand.

Very Easy Interview

Pharmacy Technician

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Omnicare in August 2010.

Interview Details – Not much of an interview process when I was hired. I came in and sat down with the HR manager at the time. She asked me how much I was making in retail. When told how much she let me know that I will be very happy with what they will offer as my starting pay there. A few questions about work ethic and then near the end of the interview she asked the big question. She asked if I was ok with the fact that they would be laying people off come winter.

Interview Question – Finding out that they would be laying off in the coming months.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was none.

Staff Accountant Interview

Staff Accountant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Omnicare in May 2014.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview then an in-person interview. I met with 5 people in person and was there for an hour and a half. It helps to know someone there. Everyone was nice and professional. HR Recruiter was very nice and helpful.

Interview Question – Several times, was asked "in group work, what role did you normally take?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't try to negotiate-I was happy with their offer.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Omnicare in December 2012.

Interview Details – Met with director in mid December. Was told a base salary + commissions. Hired 2 weeks later. Worked inside sales for 1 year before I was paid any commission. Commission structure wasn't set up for the first 3 months I was employed. Very unorganized and scattered. Could not get a realistic answer from anyone regarding pay. Closed opportunities within the first 3 months of employment, again, was not paid commissions for a whole year.

Negotiation Details – They did not budge. Set salary, no negotiating

Clinical Assistant Interview

Clinical Assistant
Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Omnicare in November 2013.

Interview Details – Two days after I applied, I got a phone call from HR. It was a quick five minuet conversation just telling me more about the job and what I would be doing. I went in for an interview a few days later. I interviewed with the nursing manager. There were no set questions, she just asked me what I knew about the company and specialty pharmacies and asked me to talk about my education and job experiences. It was more of a conversation than a structured interview which made it a little difficult. She then explained the job in more detail and gave me a tour of the office.

Interview Question – There were no questions.   Answer Question

Regional Chief Financial Officer Interview

Regional Chief Financial Officer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Omnicare.

Interview Details – Thorough, Professional

Interview Question – How to deal with conflict   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Omnicare

Worked for Omnicare? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Omnicare interview questions and advice. All 32 interview reviews posted anonymously by Omnicare employees and interview candidates.