Omnicell Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2014

3.2

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Omnicell in August 2014.

Phone interview with HR followed by phone interview with hiring manager which was followed by in-person interview. Three hour long in-person where I met with 6 people- 2 people as a team interviewed me each hour. Behavioral questions focused on skillsets required by the job. Questions were focused on adaptability, communication style, team work, decision making, business acumen and understanding of the Omnicell

Interview Questions
    Very proactive HR and management.

Sep 9, 2014Director, Staffing

Thank you for the feedback.

Quality Control Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Omnicell in March 2014.

Contacted by HR, via e-mail, to schedule a brief 30 minute phone interview. The interview was the typical 30,000 ft. view of the company and feeling the candidate out. Was contacted by the Quality Manager the following week for a more detailed phone interview. A week later was contacted by HR to schedule an onsite panel interview. Had two 1:1 interviews, one with Quality Manager and another by Ops Manager, and then a panel interview by potential peers. All very pleasant and a good experience overall.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Best and worst qualities, describe a time when you made a mistake, how do you handle change, how would you handle difficult decisions and/or employees. It was a mix of behavioral and "old school" interview questions.   Answer Question
    Fair offer and I accepted.

Sep 9, 2014Director, Staffing

Thank you for the feedback.

Implementation Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Omnicell in October 2013.

Be careful! Read this first section before applying. I initially applied and a week later received one of those automatic HR e-mails essentially telling me "no." A week after that, I was called into my boss's office for a discussion. Turns out, if you work for a company that uses Omnicell products (which is essentially going to be where 99% of people find out about Omnicell), they will call your employer and ask if they can interview you, like your boyfriend showing up to your parents house asking to marry you. This is unacceptable.

If you're lucky to have a supportive and fantastic boss, this is fine. However, there do still exist vindictive and spiteful bosses (and maybe that's the reason you're on a job search). I don't imagine very many people announce their job search to their bosses, because it can damage your perceived loyalty and dedication, affecting your future with your current company. I had to spin it off as overly eager recruiters and hope that I didn't shafted on my yearly raise coming up. If you get hired, that's great, but keep in mind if you don't that this can damage your current status with your manager. That's a big risk just to go to an interview. I had no idea I would even be called in for an interview, because they simply called my boss before ever contacting me, only sending me an automated rejection e-mail. I had to find out after getting a nice chat asking why I wanted to leave my current job.

On top of this, they did this even though I had "No" checked on "May we contact your current employer?" in the first place.

A week after my boss finds out I'm getting an interview, I actually get a call from the HR rep asking if I can be scheduled for an interview. Of course, after all of this I decided I may as well take the interview anyway, the damage was done. The initial interview is simple enough, a standard phone interview asking about your work history, current position and how you heard about Omnicell. After this, you'll do a panel interview over the phone, with a few of the managers. They'll go more in-depth about your experience and abilities, how well you do in your current position.

Getting past those first two stages, I was flown out for an in-person panel interview. The location depends on which region of the company you're interviewing for, i.e. Tennessee, Chicago, etc. The in-person panel shared some of the same people from the phone interview, with some different (as I imagine it's a lot of scheduling work to get everyone in different states there at the same time.) When you arrive, there will be other people there for interviews as well, and you will be cycled through. One of you will go with a set of 2 interviews, the other with another 2, and after you will switch.

They were overall very friendly people, although they did all act almost identically to one another.. that comes in later. I was interviewed by members of the sales, engineering and implementation teams. It makes things more comfortable as if you don't connect well with one of them, you'll likely find common ground with another one. The in-person panel consists of a lot of more hypothetical or experience-related questions, such as a time you had to deal with a situation and come to a decision with inadequate information, or how you would handle training a nurse that just absolutely stonewalls you and does not understand or grasp anything you show her.

Aside from the initial faux paus of HR calling your boss without asking permission or letting you know it's coming, the interview process was pretty positive.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle training someone that cannot grasp the subject at hand whatsoever?   View Answer

Sep 9, 2014Director, Staffing

Thank you for the feedback. Just for clarification purposes if someone is coming from a client site we do notify the hiring manager as we do not want to violate any contractual agreements we have in ... More

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Omnicell in August 2013.

So the interview process was pretty fast, within a day of my application for position at Omnicell I got a mail from HR followed by Interview Round. Thereafter I had 2 telephonic technical interviews and I got through both of them. 1st interview was with Manager and he was pretty impressed with my job experience. 2nd technical round was conducted by a developer who had poor communication skills.
    I got through both the rounds and I was called onsite in Mountain View, CA for 3 more panel interviews. This Panel interview was about behavioral examination and was pretty lengthy. But per me, went well. Except that I got a negative feedback to be concise in answering and that they found a more experienced candidate for the position.

Sep 9, 2014Director, Staffing

Thank you for the feedback. We will share it with the engineering management team for further development of our process.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Omnicell in September 2012.

I had an initial phone interview with the hiring manager who spent the whole time asking questions and then said that she had to rush to a meeting (so I did not get a chance to ask any questions). Later I was asked to come on site for two interviews with 2 people interviewing me at a time. Again they bombarded me with questions without giving me a chance to ask any. However during the first interview it did become clear that the job was not at all like the one advertised on their site and had a lot clerical support type duties.
    After the interviews I was contacted by the recruiter who informed me that she could offer me the job if I agreed to come on board on temp to perm basis otherwise I had to fill out a lot of paperwork and wait several weeks. I chose the latter option and filled out the paperwork and submitted them. I did not hear anything for 3 weeks after which I contacted the recruiter who informed me that they could only offer me the job on temp-perm basis. I was very surprised given the fact that I was clearly overqualified for the position and had made considerably more money at my last job than they were offering and even presented them with a great letter of reference from my former boss. However, I went ahead and accepted the temp-perm offer on the condition that I could have a face to face meeting with my future boss so that we could discuss the job and the requirements of becoming a permanent employee. Again, I was left in the dark for a week after which I contacted the recruiter who informed me that they had decided to give the job to an internal candidate with much less qualifications than I.

Interview Questions
    • I was bombarded with a lot of question and the clear strategy of the interviewers were to convenince me that the job was a lot better than it actually was and that I barely met the qualifications for it. They were forcefully down playing my education and experience. By the way I have an MBA and 10 years of sales experience which included 5 years of direct experience in the business area of the company (Healthcare).   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Omnicell in June 2010.

applied online.....the hiring manager called me and conducted the telephonic interview which lasted about 30 minutes.....then, was called onsite to meet i person with the hiring manager who interviewed me for about 1.5 hours.....was then again called 2 days later to be interviewed with 4 different people on 1-on-1 basis for about 30 minutes.
    Received a call from the HR the next day and they offered me the position.

Quality Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Omnicell in January 2010.

After phone screening w/H.R., meet with hiring manager. 1:1 interview was just with the hiring manager. It was about 2 to 4 weeks between initial contact and interview. It took them about 4 to 6 weeks to contact me with their decision.
    Hiring manager did not seem to have a good grasp of what he needed. They wanted to become QSR compliant and 13485 registered, but were not eactly sure why.
    Position has been open for over 6 months and I still get contacted by their recruiters about once per month because they forgot they interviewed me.

Implementation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Omnicell in March 2009.

I applied to the Company online and from there I had received a phone call. We had set up a time to do a phone interview. On the day of the phone interview I was asked technical questions and if I was able to travel through out the country. It took about 3 interviews and I had recieved the job.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Omnicell.

not very good exprience, dont come here if you are still young and want more opportunity to grow. it's not a best place to grow, you spend whole bench of time doing nothing. very disappointed. but if you're a old man, this is a perfect place for you.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Omnicell in April 2012.

I had two separate phone interviews. The first one was with a recruiter who went over my background, why I was looking for a new position, etc. It went very well and pretty easy.

The next round was with one of the software managers. They have three teams, and I ended up speaking with the manager for the GUI group. Why, I have no idea.

The interview covered the usual C++ and C# questions, what part of the system I would like to work in (GUI, data layer, back-end layer). As the interview progressed, I noticed that her listening skills weren't very good. When I would answer a question, she seemed to rearrange what I had said in such a way that it would end up as "..you don't like GUI development" (for example). I had to correct her multiple times, which got old really quick.

Simply put, I was not impressed. Although I ended up getting a rejection email over a month later, I had already forgotten about them. It appears that their software managers have a lot of EQ (emotional intelligence) issues and that's not what I want to have. I would pass on this company in the future.

Interview Questions

Worked for Omnicell? Contribute to the Community!