Omnicell

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Omnicell in August 2013.

So the interview process was pretty fast, within a day of my application for position at Omnicell I got a mail from HR followed by Interview Round. Thereafter I had 2 telephonic technical interviews and I got through both of them. 1st interview was with Manager and he was pretty impressed with my job experience. 2nd technical round was conducted by a developer who had poor communication skills.
I got through both the rounds and I was called onsite in Mountain View, CA for 3 more panel interviews. This Panel interview was about behavioral examination and was pretty lengthy. But per me, went well. Except that I got a negative feedback to be concise in answering and that they found a more experienced candidate for the position.

Omnicell Response

Sep 9, 2014Director, Staffing

Thank you for the feedback. We will share it with the engineering management team for further development of our process.

Other Interview Reviews for Omnicell

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Omnicell in April 2012.

I had two separate phone interviews. The first one was with a recruiter who went over my background, why I was looking for a new position, etc. It went very well and pretty easy.

The next round was with one of the software managers. They have three teams, and I ended up speaking with the manager for the GUI group. Why, I have no idea.

The interview covered the usual C++ and C# questions, what part of the system I would like to work in (GUI, data layer, back-end layer). As the interview progressed, I noticed that her listening skills weren't very good. When I would answer a question, she seemed to rearrange what I had said in such a way that it would end up as "..you don't like GUI development" (for example). I had to correct her multiple times, which got old really quick.

Simply put, I was not impressed. Although I ended up getting a rejection email over a month later, I had already forgotten about them. It appears that their software managers have a lot of EQ (emotional intelligence) issues and that's not what I want to have. I would pass on this company in the future.

Interview Questions