Omnicom Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.4

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Omnicom.

Interview

After submitting your application, you're invited to an open day consisting of presentations, a lunch networking session, and an interview. There are 2 open days, with a total of approximately 80 people total.
    Selection day consisting of a speed networking event, lunch networking session, and a presentation of your brand essay. At this point, there are only around 15 people (with 4 final positions to be selected).

Interview Questions

• The one interview consisted of very standard competency based questions, asking about points on your CV, strengths/weaknesses, challenges and how you dealt with them, your biggest accomplishment, etc.   Answer Question

Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Omnicom (Chicago, IL) in June 2012.

Interview

they never responded to my emails. finally got someone on the phone and sweet talked them into setting me up with an informational interview. from there showed them my projects and acted eager to learn. they kept me on short list until entry position opened up.

Interview Questions

• what 3 albums would i bring to a desert island with me?   1 Answer

Negotiation

i had little leverage. since they weren't offering OT, i got them to increase initial offer by 2k

Treasury Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Omnicom.

Interview

Was contacted by recruiter for position. They gave me a background on the job and company to prepare. I then had an in person interview with a team member going over more details about the company, position, etc. Asked me about my resume, past experiences, schooling. Basically was to see if they could deal with me on a daily basis and get along with the team members. No difficult questions, very relaxed. A few days later, the recruiter called me and let me know that I'd be having a phone interview with the head of the group. That was basically a get to know you as well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very little ability to negotiate, all members of equal rank get same compensation

Junior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Omnicom (New York, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

Why should we hire you?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation phase

Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Omnicom (Atlanta, GA) in March 2012.

Interview

Attended an open house located in their Atlanta offices. After a brief tour of the office the 20+ interviewees spoke with several HR personell in a speed dating fashion. It was very casual and mostly unorganized. Several weeks after the open house I withdrew my application from consideration. It turns out that no one was selected for the Summer '12 fellowship. It was a real disappointment since it probably would have been a great experience.

Interview Questions

• There weren't many difficult questions - just a general open house.   Answer Question

Programmer/Analyst Interview

Interview

The process consisted of two or three in person interviews with several members of the team. It was very casual and the interviewers handled most of the talking. Perhaps I should have interacted with them more because I was not offered a position at the company despite handling the interview better than I normally do.

Interview Questions

• They asked me the toughest situation I had encountered at my previous job   Answer Question

Search Engine Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Omnicom in April 2012.

Interview

The phone interview was relaxing and easy.

Search Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Omnicom (Fairfax, VA) in August 2010.

Interview

The interview was extremely informal and casual. I chatted with one person on the phone while they were at home and for the in person interview the other person sat cross legged in a chair wearing jeans and a sweater. It felt more like a conversation rather than an interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you want to work here   1 Answer

Negotiation

The process was fairly quick and I ended up receiving a higher salary as a result.

Production Artis Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Omnicom (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and was told that my resume was reviewed and MAL wanted to meet with me. I met with the head of recruiting in the exterior lobby of the building for 10 minutes and was thanked and it was over. I thought I must have botched the interview but was called back that day for another interview the following week. This time I was able to meet in an exterior conference room outside of the main lobby (but still not in the "secret" working area where you have to give up your cell phone to enter). I met with the head of print production and the Studio manager. I was asked to interview again to meet the production team and we reviewed my skills. They expressed a concern that I'd want to "contribute creatively" and that I should not consider that as an option as a production artist. They also explained how every Tuesday they work until 2:00am and I should be aware of that. They contacted me a week later and said I was still in the running, then a week later they contacted me and said I was no longer in the running, but they had not made a selection. I've never seen such a complicated way to interview for a production artist position. Normally if the skills match the employer brings on the individual as a freelancer for a period of time to see if there is a fit and if there is job offers/negotiations begin. I found the experience odd, but not unpleasant.

Project Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Omnicom in September 2008.

Interview

A headhunter contacted me and did 1 round of screening. Once the profile was deemed a good match by her, I was sent down to the hiring manager for a 1 hour behavior interview. Then 2 days later, I was sent to have another 1:1 with division head. Got the offer on the same day.

Interview Questions

• Will you pursuing an MBA shortly after you start with us?   Answer Question