Omnicom Media Group

2.5

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Omnicom Media Group in October 2014.

Applied online October 13th, heard from HR October 17th, filled out another employment application, scheduled interview for October 22nd, was asked for references the day of the interview, and got a job offer October 28th.
    Interviewed with 4 different people on the account management team individually, felt very friendly and casual.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions, your strength/weakness, customer service experiences, knowledge of the industry, hobbies, more to get to know your personality than anything else.   Answer Question
    Salary not negotiable. Set figure.

Business Intelligence Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Omnicom Media Group in September 2014.

I applied online and received an invitation for a phone interview a week later. The HR had to cancel the interview last minute...twice. This was already a big red flag. When we finally got on the phone, the interviewer seemed to be in a rush and asked very typical questions. When we got to the salary question, the hiring range was just way too low. That's when the conversation was ended.

Finance Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Omnicom Media Group.

Was recommended by former co worker so the process was quick and easy. They asked a few questions on prior work experience. Nothing difficult. They gave very little insight on the roles and responsibilities of the position I was applying for. I met with Hr and the hiring manager that was it.

None

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I was a passive candidate contacted through LinkedIN. The process seemed disorganized from the start since the Recruiter seemed slow to return my calls or emails. Finally I had a phone screen and was invited to come in and meet him along with the hiring manager. The interview seemed to go well and ended with the customary offering of cards and assurance that if I had any additional questions to contact them.

Except...when I emailed them both (a total of 3 times) neither one would reply to let me know where I was in the process or if the position was even still open. I'd understand if I was one of 50 applicants but by time you get to a first round the professionally courteous thing to do would be at least let me know that I'd been rejected. In hindsight I can say I am better off not having joined that group.

Tax Interview

Had a phone interview followed by an in person meeting with 2 managers. Was a very long interview mostly talking about themselves and the company.

Assistant Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Omnicom Media Group.

They called me for a phone interview and left a message. Called them back and left them a message. Went 3 hours w/ no call back. Called them back a little before 5 and the lady was rushed and scheduled me for next day at 11:30. She never called me.

Interview Questions
    • I called about two days later to see if she wanted to talk to me and 10 minutes later I got an automated e-mail back saying although my qualifications were great they wouldn't offer me the position. Hmm...doesn't make sense if you ask me. Makes me wonder what communication among workers are like at Omnicom. I was actually interested in the position to.   Answer Question

Good Place for Talent Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Omnicom Media Group.

Is unbiased and based on caliber rather than credentials. If you can convince the interviewer and are presentable enough then this company will give you a great platform to grow.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing as such. On the spot creative planning question was asked.   Answer Question

Personal Assistant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Omnicom Media Group.

Was contacted through an agency, the interview invite was very quick.
    The interview was fun, not your typical competency based interview. They were testing personality traits rather than 'can you do your job' questions.
    There is a 2nd stage, however, i have not heard back from the employer yet. Still waiting.

Interview Questions
    • Prepare for the unexpected personality questions such as "If you were a pizza delivery man, how would you benefit from scissors?"   Answer Question

Grad Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Omnicom Media Group in February 2014.

My initial application was online comprising of a C.V, cover letter and writing exorcise about re-branding a brand. After this I went to an assessment day with around 38 other people at one of their London offices. Although it was obviously full of highly intelligent and competitive graduates the team managed to keep the day incredably friendly and informal. We had a series of talks from former graduates, a personal interview and (this is something they are really really big on) a networking lunch. Sadly I did not make it through to the next stage of interview which comprised of a presentation, further interviews, psychometric testing and networking.

Interview Questions
    • It may have been obvious to many but I had never been asked before what I considered to be my biggest weaknesses. Although I was able to give an answer I was taken aback and unsure of how to answer the question....you're their to make youself look good not bad!   Answer Question

Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Omnicom Media Group.

The entire interview process from the day I received the invitation for the first round of interviews to the day I received the offer took about 3.5 weeks. There was a total of 2 interviews - the first 2 were with the direct colleagues/supervisor I would be working with. The final interview was with the most senior person in the office.

First interview was fairly casual - standard questions like "Tell me about yourself, what are your strengths and weaknesses?" Second interview was more about the full detail about the company, the job expectations. No mention of pay until this round of interview. 3rd round of interview was some sort of chemistry meeting to gauge your ability to perform around senior staff due to the nature of the role.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about us and why did you apply for this position?   Answer Question
    There was not much room for negotiation i.e. Pay, leave entitlement etc. The only aspect I was allowed to negotiate for was the date that I commenced work.