Omnicom Production Artis Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Production Artis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Omnicom in October 2010.

I was contacted by a recruiter and was told that my resume was reviewed and MAL wanted to meet with me. I met with the head of recruiting in the exterior lobby of the building for 10 minutes and was thanked and it was over. I thought I must have botched the interview but was called back that day for another interview the following week. This time I was able to meet in an exterior conference room outside of the main lobby (but still not in the "secret" working area where you have to give up your cell phone to enter). I met with the head of print production and the Studio manager. I was asked to interview again to meet the production team and we reviewed my skills. They expressed a concern that I'd want to "contribute creatively" and that I should not consider that as an option as a production artist. They also explained how every Tuesday they work until 2:00am and I should be aware of that. They contacted me a week later and said I was still in the running, then a week later they contacted me and said I was no longer in the running, but they had not made a selection. I've never seen such a complicated way to interview for a production artist position. Normally if the skills match the employer brings on the individual as a freelancer for a period of time to see if there is a fit and if there is job offers/negotiations begin. I found the experience odd, but not unpleasant.

Interview Questions

Worked for Omnicom? Contribute to the Community!