Omniture

Relevance Date Difficulty

Search Marketing Specialist Interview

Search Marketing Specialist
Orem, UT

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Omniture in July 2009.

Interview Details – The interviewing process was behind ridiculous. I literally went through 12 interviews, yes...12. I interviewed with everyone except the cleaning staff. I had a phone interview with the regional VP, other team members, supervisors, HR, etc. Among the local marketing and tech crowd, Omniture has a snobbish air.
They've seemed to have moved away from their local start-up feel to become a fortress which has developed its own Achilles Heel.
Taking too long to interview only drives away true talent and could potentially rob Omniture (now Adobe) of those remarkable people who could move the company forward. Please bare in mind that I'm not suggesting that taking so long with my interviews robbed Omniture of my talents however; did sour me on the company.

Interview Question – What are three critical factors to consider when raising Google Quality Score in the automotive market?   Answer Question

Senior Product Marketing Manager Interview

Senior Product Marketing Manager
Orem, UT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Omniture in February 2011.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview with one of the HR managers at west coast. Was set up for interview with 4 Product managers on site at orem. Questions revolved around resume, Challanges in product management role. and situational questions like, what if engineers are not co-operating...customer is adamant. etc.

Best Practices Consultant Interview

Best Practices Consultant
Orem, UT

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Omniture in March 2009.

Interview Details – I filled out an online application and received a call from HR within a few days to schedule an interview. When I visited the site a few days later I could tell they had recently dropped a lot of money to redesign the offices in black and lime green. (A friend who worked there said they spent a lot on parties, bonuses, etc -- new companies often do that when they hit their first patch of success). I remember reading the words "young" and "hypercompetitive" in the company description online, and I could see what they were saying: the interviewers were really condescending, and I got a sense that management was very controlling and aggressive: someone told me Josh James (CEO at the time) liked to call people out in front of their peers for mistakes. I really didn't get a good impression when I interviewed, and I hope Adobe can mellow them out a little.

Interview Question – They gave a skills test where they sat you down in front of a computer and asked you to use SiteCatalyst to answer a number of questions.   View Answer

Channel Manager Interview

Channel Manager
Provo, UT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Omniture in May 2010.

Interview Details – The recruiter was very professional and followed up after each interview. Information was communicated clearly on who I was meeting with and what was to be expected. Managers I met with varied as to their level of professionalism. Some were respectful of my time and others were disorganized. My second interview that was on-site I was actually surprised by not only the lack of promptness but the "boys club" atmosphere that was exposed. Not a place I would want to work.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where an account had been mishandled and was about to leave. What did you do to resolve the situation? What was the result?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Associate Consultant
Telephone, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Omniture in July 2010.

Interview Details – I WAS SELECTED TO INTERVIEW WITH TWO PEOPLE WITHIN THE GROUP VIA TELEPHONE AT DIFFERENT TIMES. I THINK THE PHONE SCREEN WAS PRETTY BASIC WITH NORMAL INTERVIEW QUESTIONS, HOWEVER I WAS SO EXCITED ABOUT FINALLY BEING CONTACTED BY A SOFTWARE COMPANY I SORTA LOST MY COOL AND BLEW IT I THINK. NERVOUSNESS OVERWHELMED AND IT WAS LIKE I HAD A BRAIN FREEXE OR SOMETHING, TOTALLY MY FAULT. I PREPARED AND PREPARED BUT MY CONVERSATION DID NOT FLOW RIGHT. PARTICULARLY WHEN ONE OF THEM STARTED ASKING TECHNICAL QUESTIONS SPECIFICALLY RELATED TO WORKING KNOWLEDGE OF THEIR PRODUCTS OR TYPES OF TECHNOLOGIES THAT ARE SIMILAR TO THEIR PRODUCT OFFERINGS. I KNEW THE ANSWERS, I JUST COULD NOT COMMUNICATE IT AT THAT MOMENT. I AM FEELING EXTREMELY DOWN AT THIS POINT BECAUSE I FINALLY GOT THE OPPORTUNITY TO PRESENT MYSELF AND I LET NERVOUSNESS OVERWEWHELM ME. BUT FYI.. BE PREPARED TO DEMONSTRATE AND THOUROUGHLY EXPLAIN HOW YOU USED VARIOUS TECHNOLOGIES AND WHAT SOLUTIONS OR PROBLEMS YOU SOLVED BY USING THOSE TECHNIQUES. MY ONLY DRAWBACK WAS HAVING ONLY 30 MINUTES TO SPEAK WITH EACH PERSON. IT'S DIFFICULT TO CRAM ALL THAT END IN 30 MINUTES, TRYING TO PROVE YOU ARE THE BEST PERSON IN 30 MINUTES IN KINDA DIFFICULT AND THE RESTRAINTS IN TIME CAN OVERWHELM YOU BEFORE YOU EVEN GET STARTED.

Engagement Manager Interview

Engagement Manager

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Omniture in June 2009.

Interview Details – After responding to a post online, I was immediately contacted by an internal recruiter to schedule a phone screen. I had a great conversation with the recruiter and she recommended I speak to the hiring manager. I had a great phone interview with the hiring manager who then recommended I speak to have phone interviews with 4 additional people (which ultimately became 5 people). So, over the course of about 3 weeks, I spoke to 7 people on the phone, all of which seemed to go well.

A few days after the last phone interview, I sent an email to the recruiter looking for feedback or an update...but got NO response at all. The next week, I called and left a voicemail....again NO response. I sent one last email the next week, but still...NO response.

I am extremely disappointed that after speaking to 7 people, I wouldn't at least be given the courtesy of some feedback and/or an explanation of what was going on.

I sure hope that isn't a sign of how they run their business.

Interview Question – Why did you leave your last job?   Answer Question

Implementation Consultant Interview

Implementation Consultant
Orem, UT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Omniture in August 2008.

Interview Details – My hiring process went very different than normal. I was rushed through because I had another offer on the table. So I think things normally take longer than they did for me. They are very professional in interviews. they will usually have you interview with like 3-6 people. I think I interviewed with 4.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I negotiated based off of my other offers.

Staff Consultant Interview

Staff Consultant

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Omniture in July 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by the recruiter online and after a phone interview they arranged a phone interview with a Manager and a case study to be presented on Powerpoint. After the initial interview I spoke with a Senior Manager and Director over the phone followed by a personal interview with the Senior Hiring Manager. The process was long but the recruiter usually followed up quickly after each phone interview except for the last one. I have not heard back despite multiple emails. Although it was overall a good experience I wish they would've updated me after the last interview so I don't waste my time contacting them and I can move on with other options.

Interview Question – Give 2 wireframes for A/B testing for the following website (picked randomly)   Answer Question

AE Interview

AE

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Omniture in October 2008.

I sure hope that isn't a sign of how they run their business.

Interview Question – Why did u leave old job   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Omniture? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Omniture interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Omniture employees and interview candidates.