Omnium

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Omnium in March 2011.

Interview Details – had an on campus interview and on site interview. both mostly behavioral

Interview Question – do you know what we do? aka. do you know what corporate actions, derivatives, etc are and how we play a role in their execution?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Operations Analyst
Chicago, IL

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Omnium in April 2011.

Interview Details – I had two phone interviews with the hiring manager and the group manager. I then went to the headquarters
And interviewed with the same two people, plus four other people on the team. All interviews were 30 mins.

Interview Question – Name a project were you were the leader.   Answer Question

Various Interview

Various
Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at Omnium in March 2011.

Interview Details – Got the interview through a recruiter. Omnium flew me out for two days after an initial HR screen. There was no specific position I interviewed for. Instead I met managers for 4 different teams plus HR. The interviews were straightforward, nothing tricky. They want to make sure you want to work in operations forever and ever. Any hint of past experience with front office or positive thoughts on moving to the front office or buy side will be an automatic no from them. Essentially, they want you to have no desire or motivation to move out of ops. I didn't think the people I interviewed with were especially educated or well informed on the markets. For example, no one I met with went to a top 20 school. They know people would rather be in NY so their offer and interview process will try to compensate for being in Chicago.

Interview Question – Explain your product knowledge.   Answer Question

Financial Control Interview

Financial Control
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Omnium in September 2010.

Interview Details – I was supposed to be interviewed by 4 managers - mainly based on technical skills. The director of recruiting met with me to go over my background and explain the company as a whole.

Nothing too out of the ordinary or hostile, but they like a lot of examples.

Interview Question – For the PE position, they were very interested in hearing about waterfall calculations.   Answer Question

Financial Operations Intern Interview

Financial Operations Intern
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Omnium in February 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed for first round on campus and then got invited to the interview at the office. Culture is very flat and they pride themselves on communicating with everyone easily. They consider themselves a meritocracy and want people to talk about learning and where they will be. The goal is to emphasize your strengths as in any behavioral interview and then see how you believe you will fit with the job.

Interview Question – Tell me 3 things that make you good for this job.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Omnium? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Omnium interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Omnium employees and interview candidates.