Omnium

www.omniumworldwide.com

Omnium Interview Questions

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Omnium in April 2011.

I had two phone interviews with the hiring manager and the group manager. I then went to the headquarters
    And interviewed with the same two people, plus four other people on the team. All interviews were 30 mins.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Omnium in March 2011.

had an on campus interview and on site interview. both mostly behavioral

Interview Questions
    • do you know what we do? aka. do you know what corporate actions, derivatives, etc are and how we play a role in their execution?   Answer Question

Various Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Omnium in March 2011.

Got the interview through a recruiter. Omnium flew me out for two days after an initial HR screen. There was no specific position I interviewed for. Instead I met managers for 4 different teams plus HR. The interviews were straightforward, nothing tricky. They want to make sure you want to work in operations forever and ever. Any hint of past experience with front office or positive thoughts on moving to the front office or buy side will be an automatic no from them. Essentially, they want you to have no desire or motivation to move out of ops. I didn't think the people I interviewed with were especially educated or well informed on the markets. For example, no one I met with went to a top 20 school. They know people would rather be in NY so their offer and interview process will try to compensate for being in Chicago.

Financial Control Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Omnium in September 2010.

I was supposed to be interviewed by 4 managers - mainly based on technical skills. The director of recruiting met with me to go over my background and explain the company as a whole.

Nothing too out of the ordinary or hostile, but they like a lot of examples.

Interview Questions
    • For the PE position, they were very interested in hearing about waterfall calculations.   Answer Question

Financial Operations Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Omnium in February 2010.

Interviewed for first round on campus and then got invited to the interview at the office. Culture is very flat and they pride themselves on communicating with everyone easily. They consider themselves a meritocracy and want people to talk about learning and where they will be. The goal is to emphasize your strengths as in any behavioral interview and then see how you believe you will fit with the job.