On Target Jobs

Updated Jun 23, 2014
Updated Jun 23, 2014

2.8

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at On Target Jobs.

There was an overall of 3 interviews total. The process lasted about a week. I applied online. Target called me back within 3 business days. I wasn't able to answer my phone when they called, but I did call back. When I called back, I spoke with a Target hiring associate I believe, who set me up with a phone interview within the next two days. The phone interview was fairly straight forward. Question that relate to why you want to work at target and what can you bring to target. The phone interview also included scenario/behavioral questions that are very similar to the ones already listed on this site. If you study, you should be fine. After the phone interview, I got scheduled to come in for a second interview the next business day, which was in person with one of the Target HR member. The in person interview questions were very similar to the phone interview, but make sure you still study because you need to present yourself very well since it is in person. After the second interview, the HR asked to me walk into another waiting room for my third interview with another HR member. The third interview were questions was pretty much identical similar to the second interview. Once the last interview was finished, I got a conditional offer on the job (if I pass the background and drug screening). They offered me an hourly wage that is not negotiable since I don't have any experience. Overall the interview process was very straightforward. However, make sure you study the questions on this site and practice on how to present yourself. Also, try to make friendly conversations during the interview rather than just answering the questions. This will give you a better chance of being hired.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Target?
      Tell me a time when you had to work as a team?

Answer Question
    Did not negotiate.

Pharmacist Interview

I had a call from a recruiter by applying online and then we set up a phone interview

Group Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chambersburg, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chambersburg, PA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at On Target Jobs in August 2013.

After submitting my initial application and resume online I'd say it was about 3 weeks before I was contacted by a regional HR rep. Once contacted I was scheduled for a phone call followed by two over the phone interviews with the HR rep, a behavioral assessment test online, and then finally a video conference interview at the nearest Target Distribution Center. Everything was great...until the video conference interview. I first conducted a tour of the distribution center (something I'd highly recommend trying to do a few days prior to the interview if at all possible) and then placed in a conference room for the interview. The camera angle was rather odd, and the conference room was a little bit messy - not what I expected. The conference was a timed event with a specific time window. It was conducted in three "30 minute" segments by six different senior group leaders and HR staff in teams of two from the center I was applying for. The first two were significantly late considering we only had 30 minutes, however they were very friendly and that portion went well. The second two were a struggle to connect with and that portion did not go so well. The last two were pressed for time and outside of the conference room maintenance personnel began jack hammering the wall so we could barely hear each other. Overall it wasn't a bad experience and I feel my biggest failure was to properly represent myself in as few words as possible. All questions centered on typical behavioral assessment questions, and many of the questions were repeated by each team. I was allowed to use the same scenarios for each of the same questions, but by the third interview this became a little confusing as to what I had already used and how I had used it. I also over estimated the requirements for this job - it is quite simple and the pace and requirements are far less than the position I currently fill. Not realizing this till I got the tour left me a little bit unprepared for my own questions as the job seemed almost too easy. I am also from a military background with a considerable amount of leadership experience at a much more involved level then what a group leader would usually have the opportunity for - something that in hindsight I think I did not represent properly during the interviews.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were necessarily difficult. It was exactly as the HR rep explained it would be and centered on behavioral assessments primarily. There appeared to be a heavy focus on quickly building relationships, fostering productivity, and one group did focus in pretty heavily on why I would be interested in relocating so far for the job. They also asked several times about my willingness to relocate - which I think I bit on too hard as the location was not even remotely close to the region or states that I had originally been applying for.   Answer Question

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moreno Valley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moreno Valley, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at On Target Jobs in November 2012.

you first get a phone call for an interview you have to go through a total of 3 interviews before they let you know weather you have gotten the job or not

Interview Questions
    • what is one of your strengths and one of your weakness   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at On Target Jobs in October 2012.

1. Technical Interview Phone Screen - Covered lots of basic concepts and jargon
    2. In-Person Advanced Technical Interview - Whiteboard in front of a group of developers
    3. In-Person HR Interview - 1 on 1 with at least 1 HR person
    4. In-Person Management Interview - a couple more 1 on 1s with various managers

Interview Questions
    • You should probably be very handy with SQL and design analysis with UML   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

The process took a dayinterviewed at On Target Jobs in June 2012.

Contacted by the company to interview for a sales position. Pretty standard, no surprises

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

The process took a dayinterviewed at On Target Jobs in March 2011.

It was good...

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at On Target Jobs in January 2011.

I interviewed with a VP-level person in the company (the hiring manager). Most of the interview questions were standard for the position. At the end of the phone interview, I asked what the hiring process would be and the timeframe for making a decision. The hiring manager seemed "squirmy" about giving me a straight answer to a question that most professionals would ask. He told me it would be at least a week until they finished phone interviews. I called back after a week and left a message for the hiring manager, who has never given me the courtesy of a reply.

The same day I called to follow up, I noticed that the position was re-posted online. A few days later, I called the HR department to inquire as to why the position was re-posted, and if there were any other questions I could answer about my experience. I never did receive a reply from HR.

If you ever interview with OTJ, don't expect the courtesy of a phone call or follow up e-mail. After interviewing with them, I have a much lower opinion of their management.

Account Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at On Target Jobs in July 2012.

Sales-related questions. No challenging questions to worry about. during 1 on 1. Its the out of the blue sales call to convince a C-Level Exec.he needs your product.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember this past season finale of "TheKilling" do you think I remember a 30-minute interview 8 years ago?   View Answer

To clarify my last interview was 04 and obviously I accepted. It was not part of OnTargetJobs until its acquisition in 2006.

Group Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at On Target Jobs in August 2011.

Went all out to finally get invited to a talent day at my local distribution center. Went through typical phone screening with recruiter, and set up date of actual onsite interview with staffing specialist. Went on tour of facility with three others and then had three consecutive interviews with General Manger, HR Manager, and HR Business Partner. Used the STAR approach to answer all the "Tell me about a time when" questions. All I can say is don't be honest. The best thing to do is to come up with make beleive stories that are by the interview books, rehearse them and smile a lot. For Target to be so big on "diversity" I didn't see anybody of any dark-skinned complection in the whole mid-senior management.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to maintain a professional relationship with someone you did not like.   View Answer