On The Border

On The Border Interview Questions

1.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CT

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at On The Border in May 2014.

It was a pretty basic interview, asked if I had serving experience, told me what they wanted in an employee and what the client base consisted of then basically said I was hired and that was it.

none

Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at On The Border.

Most was done over the phone.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most rewarding experience you've had professionally?   View Answer
    They called and gave me a salary figure. I accepted

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at On The Border in January 2012.

Easy. However, I believe that I was the only one interviewed by all four managers. Simple questions many seeking employers ask. Have a lot of energy, after all, you're going to need it with all the tables and customers you're going to be touching base with, so you might as well show them what you have to offer, at the least.

Interview Questions
    Push for hours, show them that you WANT to progress and work.

Hostess Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at On The Border in August 2011.

Asked questions regarding experience in customer service, about my self, my strengths and weaknesses. Was a very basic interview, nothing caught me off guard. There were scenario questions such as what would you do if someone was yelling at you for the long wait.

Interview Questions
    • what would you do if someone was yelling at you for the long wait.   Answer Question
    This was my first job so I did not negotiate.

Very Easy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at On The Border in March 2011.

You have to take this long test when you turn in your application. It got so long and tiring I guessed most of it and still passed.

Interview Questions
    • If a customer asked for something that wasn't on the menu what would you do?   View Answer
    No negotiations. Usually they start you off with 8.00 an hour.

Bartender/Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at On The Border in September 2010.

online application

Interview Questions
    • can you multitask? you have to be honest   View Answer

Corporate Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at On The Border in August 2010.

Posted position on website, one interview, no drug test, simple background check

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a difficult situation and how you handled it.   View Answer
    None, they would not budge on the salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Casper, WY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Casper, WY

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at On The Border in January 2008.

The store wasn't open yet, they seem desperate. I really did have to do that much. They asked a few very basic questions. What i believe was customer service meant, What thought was right way to handle certain situations. I was then put through 4 weeks of intense training with corporate trainers. Didn't make enough money had to quit

Restaurant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at On The Border in January 2011.

Pretty much a standard interviewing process. Face to face interviews are done by current managers and Area Directors. This company is looking to grow, so they want to see if you have some fire and motivation. They are looking for some game changers, not individuals who just maintain. Passion and ability to work hard are key to focus on.

Interview Questions
    • If you did a great job at a location, what do you think comes next?   View Answer

Hostess/Server/to Go Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at On The Border in August 2010.

I walked in and filled out an employment sheet too long for just wanting to be a hostess, I was told that they liked me and wanted to set an official interview, at the interview I was hired, and now I work there.

Non existent.