On The Border

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Diego, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at On The Border in January 2012.

Interview Details – Easy. However, I believe that I was the only one interviewed by all four managers. Simple questions many seeking employers ask. Have a lot of energy, after all, you're going to need it with all the tables and customers you're going to be touching base with, so you might as well show them what you have to offer, at the least.

Interview Question – What can you offer working for us?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Push for hours, show them that you WANT to progress and work.

Orange, CT

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at On The Border in May 2014.

Interview Details – It was a pretty basic interview, asked if I had serving experience, told me what they wanted in an employee and what the client base consisted of then basically said I was hired and that was it.

Interview Question – none it felt so casual not like a real interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Bartender/Server Interview

Bartender/Server
Princeton, NJ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at On The Border in September 2010.

Interview Details – online application

Interview Question – can you multitask? you have to be honest   View Answer

Hostess Interview

Hostess

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at On The Border in August 2011.

Interview Details – Asked questions regarding experience in customer service, about my self, my strengths and weaknesses. Was a very basic interview, nothing caught me off guard. There were scenario questions such as what would you do if someone was yelling at you for the long wait.

Interview Question – what would you do if someone was yelling at you for the long wait.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – This was my first job so I did not negotiate.

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at On The Border.

Interview Details – Most was done over the phone.

Interview Question – What was the most rewarding experience you've had professionally?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They called and gave me a salary figure. I accepted

Corporate Manager Interview

Corporate Manager
Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at On The Border in August 2010.

Interview Details – Posted position on website, one interview, no drug test, simple background check

Interview Question – Tell me about a difficult situation and how you handled it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None, they would not budge on the salary.

Very Easy
Columbus, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at On The Border in March 2011.

Interview Details – You have to take this long test when you turn in your application. It got so long and tiring I guessed most of it and still passed.

Interview Question – If a customer asked for something that wasn't on the menu what would you do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. Usually they start you off with 8.00 an hour.

Casper, WY

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at On The Border in January 2008.

Interview Details – The store wasn't open yet, they seem desperate. I really did have to do that much. They asked a few very basic questions. What i believe was customer service meant, What thought was right way to handle certain situations. I was then put through 4 weeks of intense training with corporate trainers. Didn't make enough money had to quit

Interview Question – What I thought Customer service meant?   Answer Question

Restaurant Manager Interview

Restaurant Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at On The Border in January 2011.

Interview Details – Pretty much a standard interviewing process. Face to face interviews are done by current managers and Area Directors. This company is looking to grow, so they want to see if you have some fire and motivation. They are looking for some game changers, not individuals who just maintain. Passion and ability to work hard are key to focus on.

Interview Question – If you did a great job at a location, what do you think comes next?   View Answer

Hostess/Server/to Go Interview

Hostess/Server/to Go

The process took 2 days - interviewed at On The Border in August 2010.

Interview Details – I walked in and filled out an employment sheet too long for just wanting to be a hostess, I was told that they liked me and wanted to set an official interview, at the interview I was hired, and now I work there.

Interview Question – I can't remember   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Non existent.

Worked for On The Border? Contribute to the Community!