Interview Question

On a scale from one to ten, rate me as an interviewer.

Interview Answer

26 Answers

sorry sir i am not in that post to rate u but if u are askng so i belev evy1 is unique and we all are out of scale reading

Kaushal Chawda on Jan 13, 2013

Who needs scales? You're doing a great job. Keep it up.

Jen on Jan 17, 2013

Can't tell you yet. I have to interview more interviewers and make a decision. Don't call me, I'll call you.

the other guy on Jan 17, 2013

Uncertainty Principle is at work here: since you asked me and you are listening I can't know for sure that I'll have the same answer as if I'd thought of it myself unasked.

Bob on Jan 17, 2013

You lost a point because you did not clarify what is best 1 or 10. You lost another point because that question is irrelevant to the position I am applying for. You lost another point because you asked me and I have no experience on rating interviewers. So, make the math and let me know the result before I keep adding deductions.

ektormelendez on Jan 17, 2013

Well you did just ask me this question.....

Anonymous on Jan 17, 2013

10 bonus points for coming up with this ingenius question! Now you score more than 10!

Anonymous on Jan 17, 2013

The more highly you recommend me for the position, the higher i will rate you as an interviewer. (assuming the interviewer isnt the one making the final decision, and that the rating actually means something)

13th on Jan 17, 2013

@Bob You're thinking of the observer effect. The Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle states "a fundamental limit to the precision with which certain pairs of physical properties of a particle, such as position x and momentum p, can be known simultaneously. The more precisely the position of some particle is determined, the less precisely its momentum can be known, and vice versa." it is often confused with the Observer effect which states that, "measurements of certain systems cannot be made without affecting the systems."

Lex on Jan 18, 2013

That's like asking "do these pants make my butt look big?" There is no right answer.

Jamie on Jan 18, 2013

well, I was already doing that in my head, and things were going REALLY well... right up until you asked me this question.

Jim on Jan 18, 2013

I'd like to get to your underlying concern behind the question. Why are you unsure about your interviewing abilities?

jake3_14 on Jan 18, 2013

I abhor rate scales. They give very little information, and hold even less value to me. You seem very personable, and I am just nervous enough to trip up on any question that I'm not prepared for, so I'd have to say you're doing your job well enough. ..

Michelle on Jan 20, 2013

As I was told at my past Kraft job, "It doesn't matter what skills you have, we can train any monkey to do this job". To rate the interviewer, is a kiss up to their ego. I don't mind holding hands, and whisper some poetry, when it comes to a date. But, I won't do it for a $12.50 job. P.S. , my skills took me to $18.79.

Raven on Jan 21, 2013

@Raven. So true, there is always such a big difference between appearences and reality.

Rob on Jan 21, 2013

You're Great. If you want a more detailed opinion, I can do a specific assessment. 200$ per hour !

Marc on Jan 22, 2013

@Raven: That's true.. they can train any monkey to do that job.. that's why they are sitting over there... :) They are all well trained monkeys to test a candidates patience ..

Naveen Kumar on Jan 24, 2013

Personally 1 to 10 scales are passe', lets go with alphabetized system, as in i'd give you an F (pause). For FANTASTIC!

Stone Cold on Jan 25, 2013

Thats what she said

Khiladi on Jan 26, 2013

this moment i rate u as no 1,but after the result it may be a different no

mahesh duseja on Jan 29, 2013

it's mind relaxing thanks dude....

Anonymous on Jan 29, 2013

show me ur scale first.. i would like top give u more than that sir..u deserves it... so i will give u 3... dont u think of that another seven..??? its only 4 u.. but u hav to give me that job first..

sree on Jan 30, 2013

It depends on if I am to base my answer on the quality of the previous questions, or if this is a stand alone question. If it is based on the previous questions, with 1 being the absolute worst and 10 being absolutely perfect I would give you a 9. No one is absolutely perfect in anything they do but you are doing great. I would also give you a 9 if you base it on getting me to think or on making me a bit nervous.

Ken on Feb 14, 2013

I have done so, but I can't tell you until after the hiring decision has been made. I'm sure you understand. Alternately, 10, this was THE best interview I've ever been through! It's been a REAL pleasure and I look forward to working with you in the near future!

Anon on Apr 21, 2013

Funny thing... my wife asked me the same question just this morning as she was preparing me for this interview. I asked her if she'd give me the job. She said, "No way!...our yard, garage, and curb has never looked this good!"

Pzn on Apr 24, 2013

OK, so know the movie, "This Is Spinal Tap?" Oh you haven't seen it? That's alright, you can Netflix it later. Anyway, you've got this interviewing thing turned up to an 11! <<winks & smiles>>

Dori on Jan 21, 2014

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.