OnLive

Relevance Date Difficulty

Systems Integration Intern Interview

Systems Integration Intern
Palo Alto, CA

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at OnLive in June 2012.

Interview Details – 2012-06-18 11:30 - 11:45
- Phone interview with member of technical staff
- Asked to describe experience with Perl, Python, MySQL
- Asked what configuration management, modularity, and extensibility meant to me
- Asked about Subversion usage as well as documentation
- Learned about the interviewer's team and what they use

2012-06-26 11:04 - 11:20
- Phone interview with another member of technical staff
- Asked what I know about OnLive
- Learned about the interviewer's team and what they use and do
- Asked if I was a generalist or more of an in-depth person
- Asked about experience working in a team
- Asked about my process for adding features to a system
- Asked about Perl and Python experience
- Told the next step would be an in-person interview

2012-06-29 10:00 - 12:05
- Met with members from 2 teams, 5 people in total
- Described my background, how I got to where I was
- Asked about Perl and Python, Linux experience
- Asked about worst issue I had to deal with, as well as the most exciting thing I've worked out
- Asked about how much I thought my previous work project was an improvement over the existing system
- Asked a basic MySQL query question
- Asked about parsing two files
- Query question was straightforward
- Struggled a little bit with the parsing, but the interviewer was just seeing my approach and thought process, and didn't really have an answer

2012-07-10 13:31 - 13:42
- Quick phone call with director of engineering
- Being considered for two intern positions
- Got more information about what each group does and made a decision on which intern position was a better fit/more interesting
- Also got some information on the logistics of the internship (hours, vacation, duration, etc.)

Interview Questions

• MySQL table join query - simple inner join using unique IDs from two tables   Answer Question
  • Given two files with similar contents (duplicate/unique entries in both), how do you do something like a diff to come up with a list of entries unique to each file, as well as shared entries?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Hired through a temp agency with a fixed hourly wage.

Intern Interview

Intern
Palo Alto, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at OnLive in May 2011.

Interview Details – I applied for the position on the OnLive job posting website and was contacted about a week later. I was promptly given a brief phone interview that was not scheduled and then asked to come in to interview.

I interviewed with my hiring manager and some of his/her associates. The interview was fairly relaxed. Most of the questions were fairly basic. Because the position didn't call for technical knowledge, the bulk of the questions were aiming to understand how I faced and overcame challenges. Also questions surveyed my level of enthusiasm for a startup culture.

Interview Question – How do you work under pressure?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Palo Alto, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at OnLive in February 2008.

Interview Details – Really smart people and interview process was excellent.

Interview Question – If you are your manager, what would he say about you?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – commute

Operations Manager Interview

Operations Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at OnLive in April 2008.

Interview Details – Good straight ford

Interview Question – How do you resolve conflict   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for OnLive? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at OnLive interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by OnLive employees and interview candidates.