OnMobile

Operations Engineer Interview

No. of technical interview:2
    No. of HR interview: 1

Interview Questions
    Always clear the appraisal cycle of that company.

Software Engineer Interview

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at OnMobile.

1. data structures
    2. java - multithreading

Interview Questions
    • find out the common parent node of two given nodes in a given tree   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at OnMobile.

The hiring process comprised completely of aptitude and reasoning. There were two written tests, a GD and then an interview.
    The tests were basic aptitude and IQ based. The interview comprised of general about yourself questions and some puzzles to test that problem solving abilities of the candidate. After this there was also an HR interview but that more like a welcome to the company kind of a thing

Interview Questions
    • It was a puzzle about how many ways can we draw a 1000 pointed star?   Answer Question

MIS Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at OnMobile.

there was 3 rounds:
    written technical
    hr technical
    personal interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at OnMobile in August 2012.

One round technical interview, covering mostly my previous project, java and in depth.
    Second round by a senior person, and concentrates basically on IQ and core logics in Java..
    Third round HR., discussing on payment and the reason to change company. etc..

Interview Questions
    • how would explain Java's main concepts to a layman. And Puzzles..   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at OnMobile in July 2012.

OnMobile HR called me about an opening of SSE and scheduled for a face to face interview after 1 day. There were two rounds.

In the first round, the interviewer asked all textbook questions. I was a bit amazed as those are generally asked to a fresher out of college. It went on about 75 minutes. I really doubt about the knowledge of the person. She couldn't understand a simple nested SQL query. She didn't even know that we can embed javascript into the HTML !! You could really tell that she was not ready and eligible to take the interview. After the end of this round, I was skeptic whether I want to work here with such low standard seniors.

Anyway, the interviewer in the 2nd round seemed better. Started with some conceptual question and I answered them all right. Surprisingly, after 10-15 minutes, he started with the same textbook like question like the interviewer in 1st round. Again, I was baffled when he told me that we should catch all kind of run-time exceptions in the catch block !!

So, after about 2hrs 20minutes, the interview process was finished and an HR informed me that they will get back to me which of course they didn't.

Anyway, I already decided that I am not going to work with such people. I mean, in a two and a half hrs interview for a Senior Software Engineer position, you'd expect problem solving question, questions in Data Structure, Algorithms, OS etc. Overall, waste of a day.

Interview Questions
    • "What are the full form of HTTP, XML, HTML, SNMP ?"

Are you kidding me ? I never expected these school type questions for SSE position.

Answer Question

Technical Service Desk Executive Level II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at OnMobile in June 2012.

Interview process was quick as I was a replacement for one employee so I did not notice any glitches in the interview process. It is for CTH - Contract to Hire.

Interview Questions
    I negotiated for salary as there is no transport facility available although I will be working in different shifts.

Assistant Manager Finance Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at OnMobile in May 2012.

Started with a Call from recruitment agency. Thereby 2 round of Personal interviews. One with the Manager Finance and other with the Regional Head.

Interview Questions
    • U have a business in latin America, where u must have local signaturee. How can you control the financial transaction with them?   View Answer

Remuneration not as per expectation

Statistical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at OnMobile in April 2012.

Mail to Manager, Manager calls and takes telephonic interview mostly technical. confirms the selection in first place itself

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at OnMobile in March 2012.

Got an interview schedule via a recruitment agency. There was no telephonic and I was directly called for F2F. Attended the interview at their Bangalore office. The interviewer wasn't polite at all. I answered a couple of questions wrong. And this guy who thinks he knew everything, was puffing and frowning, starting away from me. I might not have been the right fit for that position in their company. That doesn't mean I can be treated with disrespect. Wonder what would have happened if I had a job with them, and they exhibited similar kind of behaviour, just because they are paying me.

Interview Questions
    • Questions on initialization of wrapper objects. I mean what will happen if Float f1=new String("1.8f"), etc.   Answer Question