OnPoint Consulting

Profile Unclaimed

OnPoint Consulting Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at OnPoint Consulting

RTA Interview

Filled out online application, had a cursory phone interview that was relatively simple. Was asked to do an on site interview which was difficult. Lots of technical questions, but they were really looking to see if the items on your resume matched your actual knowledge, so being honest about what you know and don't know is the key here.

Interview Questions
    • If you had a DDOS attack from China what would you do to mitigate this attack?   Answer Question

Security Operations Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Employee in North Las Vegas, NV

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at OnPoint Consulting in December 2013.

Contacted by external headhunter for role; seems OnPoint now wants to be held confidential for anyone other than serious candidates. With the poor reputation for that Security Operation Center, it does not surprise me that I am contacted multiple times a year for positions there - such a high turnover rate for individuals. Their reputation for the operation in Las Vegas is less than stellar; though the management of the SOC has changed the same caustic environment and backstabbing/nitpicking continues.

It seems that there are more people in charge that know or care less about security then before the contract changed to OnPoint. Their pres, Shankar Pilli, is just some putz they put there to be able to bid on Gov minority contracts - he has no idea what is going on.

Enough of the background rant... Headhunter clarified my background and experiences; loved that I was way overqualified for the role. Salary was the issue - the range was 110-115 for an experienced individual to run their SOC. What a joke, and I passed. Sorry folks, someone with a CISSP and 10+ years of experience is beyond that range; especially when you are shopping for candidates nationwide.

Interview Questions
    • Most were clarifications of experience, what was accomplished in past roles, how did those experiences prepare for this role; etc.   Answer Question

Compensation, management, company, government contract work, caustic environment

Proposal Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at OnPoint Consulting in September 2011.

Phone call in the evening from the recruiter (internal to OnPoint). Screen interview to make sure I was right for the position and I asked questions about the company. Scheduled an in-person interview and confirmed over email. Came into the office and interviewed with VP BD and another VP who is also part owner. More of a conversation then an interview. Went smoothly. They basically told me they wanted to hire me. Spoke about benefits with HR. But they wanted Shankar, the owner, to have a chance to talk to me. I was supposed to come back to the office, but morning of they called and cancelled (DC had lots of rain and his basement was flooded). So a phone interview was set up. Turns out, I was in Macy's when he called - so I had to find a quiet place to sit and talk. Phone call went fine and he basically told me that they others had already told him they wanted to hire me. After that it was a matter of negotiation and signing the offer letter.

Interview Questions
    • Have I ever had a capture manager or account lead walk into the status meeting and contradict something I had just told the team? How did I handle it?   View Answer
    Yes, to negotiate. But they met my salary requirements. I did negotiate on vacation time though. I was receiving quite a lot of vacation from my previous company and wanted to continue to recieve a lot.