OnStar

OnStar Interview Questions

2.8

Retention Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at OnStar in March 2012.

Did interview, took drug test

Not at all

Emergency Services Process Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at OnStar in December 2011.

You have to go through on line application process and hope to get called for an interview, even if you feel your qualifications are a good match this is difficult. They use the STAR interview format and always have the interview done by at least two people who interview you separately. It can then take a while to hear back. If they want to offer you the position, you will get a phone call if not the dreaded "sorry, but" email. Very tough to get hired here.

Interview Questions
    • Questions all focus on your experiences and results so be prepared to give specific examples of your accomplishments in your career.   Answer Question

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at OnStar in October 2011.

I had my interview today and they didn't offer me a postion they said they'll call me in a week I didn't take a test or anything they told me to be prepared for a test but when I arrived they didn't give me one .

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at OnStar in May 2009.

Very rigorous interview process. Unfortunately GM's Talent Management filters the candidate pool. Who knows how they do their job. An absolute must to network and find the hiring manager's name.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions are template based. Give an example when you showed initiative, give an example when you had to correct a poor decision. Some interviewers only stay on template (actually directed that way) hopefully you get someone who will actually do more   Answer Question

Enrollment Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at OnStar in September 2008.

It was okay-very long