Once Upon A Child Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Once Upon A Child

Shift Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, NC

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Once Upon A Child in August 2012.

Sent an email with a cover letter and resume and received a phone call the day. Went in for a 5 minute interview and was hired on the spot. Had to go through some brief training which involved reading over manuals and whatnot. Those that were hired when I was were the employees that grand opened the store.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Once Upon A Child.

i sat down with the owner had about a twenty minute conversation with her she stated she would call my references and get back with me. a few hours later she called me up and ask if i could start the next day at 1 p.m. i told her i could and then i went into work the next day.

Interview Questions
    • there really wasn't any difficult questions in the interview   Answer Question

Shift Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Once Upon A Child.

Honestly, the hiring manager just asked me what kind of hours and experience I had and I was hired on the spot. Because we were just opening I had to attend some training times over the following week but that's about it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Once Upon A Child in August 2011.

Short ten minute interview, typical general questions about self, education, availability. etc.

Low wage.

Keyholder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Once Upon A Child in June 2011.

Very simple questions.
    - What is your schedule like?
    - How many hours do you want?
    - Are you in school?

It was the most laid back interview I've ever had! It wasn't really an interview, it felt more like a casual conversation.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Novi, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Once Upon A Child in June 2011.

There is no interview process. You come in and meet with the store manager for about 3 minutes, and if she feels like you are a good fit for her personality, then you have the job.

No negotiating

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Once Upon A Child in July 2010.

I was a customer and noticed they were in need of help. I walked in, asked for an application, and presented that with my resume to the (now former) general manager. She was very friendly and upbeat, and she was eager to interview me immediately. My interview was set for the following afternoon.
    Being a customer, I noticed it was a fairly casual work environment, so I just wore nice dress pants and blouse to the interview (normally I would wear a suit, but it was very hot and humid that time of year). I brought a copy of my references in case she wanted to check them.
    The interview was fairly brief. I was looking for a fairly flexible job to allow me to work with my husband's schedule and care for our kids. I had a lot of experience and she was very eager to get me into a supervisor role after a 30 day trail period (per the owner's request with new hires). I accepted, with the promise of a increase in pay over time. My availability allowed me to immediately accept her offer and start the following day.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Surrey, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surrey, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Once Upon A Child in November 2013.

Called and asked for an interview. Had a long conversation about the business. Asked questions about my experience and how I would handle certain situations in store. Why I wanted to work there and skills I could use in the position. Talked about how it is not a second hand store because they pay for items they want.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a situation with an angry grandma or parent   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Once Upon A Child in January 2012.

Once I got there, the manager seemed very busy and kept telling me that she will get to me in a minute. Finally after 20 minutes of waiting, she got to me, ask simple questions, and told me that she needed to call my references, which are reliable. Haven't heard back.

Interview Questions

Worked for Once Upon A Child? Contribute to the Community!