Once Upon A Child Interview Questions

Updated Mar 31, 2015

1.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Once Upon A Child (Richmond, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

This was pretty easy because I was not given an interview. The manager just called me up several days after I applied and offered mE the position as sales associate.

Negotiation

There wasn't a negotiation phase,due to not having an interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Once Upon A Child.

Interview

i sat down with the owner had about a twenty minute conversation with her she stated she would call my references and get back with me. a few hours later she called me up and ask if i could start the next day at 1 p.m. i told her i could and then i went into work the next day.

Interview Questions

• there really wasn't any difficult questions in the interview   Answer Question

Manager Once Upon A Child Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Once Upon A Child (Houston, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

very easy, they ask you a few questions, i got hired the same day and i didnt feel like i worked very hard during the interview, they are kind of desperate as emoloyees come and go often.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Once Upon A Child (Greenville, SC) in November 2013.

Interview

It was very unprofessional. Walked in to apply in jeans and a tshirt and was hired on the spot with hardly no interview questions or reference checks. It felt very rushed to me. No background or drug test for someone who works around kids. Very sketchy.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Shift Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Once Upon A Child.

Interview

Honestly, the hiring manager just asked me what kind of hours and experience I had and I was hired on the spot. Because we were just opening I had to attend some training times over the following week but that's about it.

Shift Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Once Upon A Child (Jacksonville, NC) in August 2012.

Interview

Sent an email with a cover letter and resume and received a phone call the day. Went in for a 5 minute interview and was hired on the spot. Had to go through some brief training which involved reading over manuals and whatnot. Those that were hired when I was were the employees that grand opened the store.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Once Upon A Child (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2011.

Interview

Short ten minute interview, typical general questions about self, education, availability. etc.

Low wage.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Once Upon A Child (Novi, MI) in June 2011.

Interview

There is no interview process. You come in and meet with the store manager for about 3 minutes, and if she feels like you are a good fit for her personality, then you have the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating

Keyholder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Once Upon A Child (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2011.

Interview

Very simple questions.
    - What is your schedule like?
    - How many hours do you want?
    - Are you in school?

It was the most laid back interview I've ever had! It wasn't really an interview, it felt more like a casual conversation.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Once Upon A Child (Omaha, NE) in July 2010.

Interview

I was a customer and noticed they were in need of help. I walked in, asked for an application, and presented that with my resume to the (now former) general manager. She was very friendly and upbeat, and she was eager to interview me immediately. My interview was set for the following afternoon.
    Being a customer, I noticed it was a fairly casual work environment, so I just wore nice dress pants and blouse to the interview (normally I would wear a suit, but it was very hot and humid that time of year). I brought a copy of my references in case she wanted to check them.
    The interview was fairly brief. I was looking for a fairly flexible job to allow me to work with my husband's schedule and care for our kids. I had a lot of experience and she was very eager to get me into a supervisor role after a 30 day trail period (per the owner's request with new hires). I accepted, with the promise of a increase in pay over time. My availability allowed me to immediately accept her offer and start the following day.