Once Upon A Child Interview Questions

Updated Aug 8, 2015

1.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Once Upon A Child

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Once Upon A Child in June 2015.

Interview

Extremely easy and laid back interview. They hire more on personality than job experience. My interview was held in a very dirty break room, which wasn't so great but it works. The two managers that first interviewed me made me feel very welcome and made jokes the entire time. The second interview with the owner went well too. The owner treated me like she had known me forever and they were very sweet to me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I accepted without negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Once Upon A Child (Melbourne, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

it was very hectic and busy. they said they will schedule me for another interview if I qualify. They said they always do interviews on Saturdays so I went in with my application and they were just extremely busy and they just took my application and said they will call me if I qualify.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Once Upon A Child (Richmond, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

This was pretty easy because I was not given an interview. The manager just called me up several days after I applied and offered mE the position as sales associate.

Negotiation

There wasn't a negotiation phase,due to not having an interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Once Upon A Child.

Interview

i sat down with the owner had about a twenty minute conversation with her she stated she would call my references and get back with me. a few hours later she called me up and ask if i could start the next day at 1 p.m. i told her i could and then i went into work the next day.

Interview Questions

• there really wasn't any difficult questions in the interview   Answer Question

Manager Once Upon A Child Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Once Upon A Child (Houston, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

very easy, they ask you a few questions, i got hired the same day and i didnt feel like i worked very hard during the interview, they are kind of desperate as emoloyees come and go often.

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Once Upon A Child (Greenville, SC) in November 2013.

Interview

It was very unprofessional. Walked in to apply in jeans and a tshirt and was hired on the spot with hardly no interview questions or reference checks. It felt very rushed to me. No background or drug test for someone who works around kids. Very sketchy.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Shift Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Once Upon A Child.

Interview

Honestly, the hiring manager just asked me what kind of hours and experience I had and I was hired on the spot. Because we were just opening I had to attend some training times over the following week but that's about it.

Shift Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Once Upon A Child (Jacksonville, NC) in August 2012.

Interview

Sent an email with a cover letter and resume and received a phone call the day. Went in for a 5 minute interview and was hired on the spot. Had to go through some brief training which involved reading over manuals and whatnot. Those that were hired when I was were the employees that grand opened the store.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Once Upon A Child (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2011.

Interview

Short ten minute interview, typical general questions about self, education, availability. etc.

Low wage.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Novi, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Once Upon A Child (Novi, MI) in June 2011.

Interview

There is no interview process. You come in and meet with the store manager for about 3 minutes, and if she feels like you are a good fit for her personality, then you have the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating