Oncor Electric Delivery Interview Questions

Updated May 27, 2015

2.3

Associate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Oncor Electric Delivery in March 2015.

Interview

Process took around 3 weeks from college job fair to a 2nd on site interview. The onsite was very well handled. They covered all expenses and treated the candidates to an amazing dinner exp. The entire process took 6 hours with a lunch. 3 separate panel groups. Each were a specific group in the engineering dept. each mostly described what they do and how they work with the other groups. Everyone was very nice and easy to talk to. Personal and or school project exp was their main focus of questions and what individual involvement was.

Interview Questions

• Mostly project management questions. Only technical question was to describe a grid system at a high level   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Oncor Electric Delivery.

Interview

Two people were present during my interview. They asked about relevant experience and asked about resume and school transcript. Some simple math/problem solving questions were asked along with some questions about fundamental electricity.

Interview Questions

• Explain parasitics as it relates to electricity transmission.   Answer Question

Other opportunities became available.

Accounts Payable Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Oncor Electric Delivery (Fort Worth, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very casual, quick and laid back but also very direct about their rules and regulations. Oncor is very concerned about there entrenched and ingrained rules and regulations. During the interview process they make is very apparent they are looking for someone who is just like them to some degree.

Interview Questions

• Do you have an issue following rules and regulations?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oncor Electric Delivery (Fort Worth, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

I met them through the career fair, applied online, and had an on-campus interview the following week. I was then notified a week later that I'd be flown into DFW for an on-site interview in Fort Worth. We went to dinner the night before and stayed in a hotel afterwards. The next day I met with 3 groups of hiring managers, and each asked typical interview questions. They tried to make the interviewees comfortable, and it was pretty laid back. I went around and met several people and got to see their jobs.

Associate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oncor Electric Delivery in February 2014.

Interview

Applied through the Career Fair at local university. Found out the following week I had an interview and two weeks later was the interview. Very informal setting: casual and relaxed. Said if I had any questions feel free to interrupt. Not very pressuring interviewers either. It lasted about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any difficult questions. Just explaining situations where you had to be innovative, what you do outside of school, how do you work in the group setting, etc.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Oncor Electric Delivery.

Interview

Oncor was at a career fair hosted by my university. The guys I talked to were really friendly and enthusiastic about Oncor and what they do. Oncor was one of the few companies that did NOT just redirect me to some online application, in fact, they contacted later that day to set up an interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Oncor Electric Delivery (Fort Worth, TX) in November 2012.

Interview

First had an on campus interview. Basically went over resume and asked behavioral questions: Explain a time where....
    Then had onsite interview. Had dinner with other job candidates the night before, put us up in a hotel. Then interviewed all day. Met with different department managers. Asked behavioral questions. Same as first interview.

Engineering Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyler, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Oncor Electric Delivery (Tyler, TX) in July 2011.

Interview

This was a very pleasant experience. They did not ask needless questions to set you up for failure. They wanted to know you experience in the job they were looking to fill. They did not care what your favorite color was or what you favorite vacation spot was. They didn't question what you thought you would be doing in 5 years.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to go to work for them.   1 Answer

Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Oncor Electric Delivery in February 2011.

Interview

The learning experience to deal with other interviews