Oncor Electric Delivery Interview Questions

Updated Mar 14, 2015

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Oncor Electric Delivery

Associate Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Oncor Electric Delivery in March 2015.

Process took around 3 weeks from college job fair to a 2nd on site interview. The onsite was very well handled. They covered all expenses and treated the candidates to an amazing dinner exp. The entire process took 6 hours with a lunch. 3 separate panel groups. Each were a specific group in the engineering dept. each mostly described what they do and how they work with the other groups. Everyone was very nice and easy to talk to. Personal and or school project exp was their main focus of questions and what individual involvement was.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly project management questions. Only technical question was to describe a grid system at a high level   Answer Question

Intern Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Oncor Electric Delivery.

Two people were present during my interview. They asked about relevant experience and asked about resume and school transcript. Some simple math/problem solving questions were asked along with some questions about fundamental electricity.

Interview Questions
    • Explain parasitics as it relates to electricity transmission.   Answer Question

Other opportunities became available.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oncor Electric Delivery in March 2014.

I met them through the career fair, applied online, and had an on-campus interview the following week. I was then notified a week later that I'd be flown into DFW for an on-site interview in Fort Worth. We went to dinner the night before and stayed in a hotel afterwards. The next day I met with 3 groups of hiring managers, and each asked typical interview questions. They tried to make the interviewees comfortable, and it was pretty laid back. I went around and met several people and got to see their jobs.

Associate Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oncor Electric Delivery in February 2014.

Applied through the Career Fair at local university. Found out the following week I had an interview and two weeks later was the interview. Very informal setting: casual and relaxed. Said if I had any questions feel free to interrupt. Not very pressuring interviewers either. It lasted about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult questions. Just explaining situations where you had to be innovative, what you do outside of school, how do you work in the group setting, etc.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Oncor Electric Delivery.

Oncor was at a career fair hosted by my university. The guys I talked to were really friendly and enthusiastic about Oncor and what they do. Oncor was one of the few companies that did NOT just redirect me to some online application, in fact, they contacted later that day to set up an interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Oncor Electric Delivery in November 2012.

First had an on campus interview. Basically went over resume and asked behavioral questions: Explain a time where....
    Then had onsite interview. Had dinner with other job candidates the night before, put us up in a hotel. Then interviewed all day. Met with different department managers. Asked behavioral questions. Same as first interview.

Buyer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Oncor Electric Delivery in February 2011.

The learning experience to deal with other interviews