One Medical Group

Updated Dec 9, 2014
Updated Dec 9, 2014

3.4

Registered Nurse Interview

Phone interview with Recruiter about experience and education, qualifications; Online video chat interview with nurse about experiences and education, lasted about 45 minutes to an hour; in-person interview with 2 to 3 nurses about experiences, thoughts/questions on position, lasted about 45 minutes; questions about experiences in relation to the position at One Medical; very relaxed, informal. Interviewers are very friendly and open to questions.

Interview Questions
    • What type of patient do you get excited about working with?   Answer Question

Office Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at One Medical Group.

Phone interview was more in depth then I have had in the past. They were very accommodating for time availability. Next step is a face to face interview in their office with the team I would be working with

Interview Questions
    • Describe a circumstance when you had to overcome a difficult situation or challenge - how did you improve the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at One Medical Group in October 2014.

First it started off with a phone interview, which was pretty standard and lasted around 15 min. After they invited me for in for an in person interview which was around 30 min. Most of it was pretty standard and an overall pleasant experience. Finally, it was the Day in the Life, where you shadow an employee. Overall the day was tiring but it was pretty cool to experience what you would be doing

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult was getting used to the Interface at the office   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at One Medical Group.

I was initially contacted via email to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was fairly lengthy and more informational; there were general interview questions and more broad discussions about healthcare. Was then brought in to interview again in person. Similar questions, routine interview questions, more specific discussion about company, and finally some simulations of job duties: we used the excellent and easy computer interface and then had a mock conversation about the company. Finally, I was invited to come to a 6 hour "day in the life" interview to see people at work, get to the know the team, and the routine of the office. Very friendly, young staff. Excellent work environment. Hilariously opulent office space. Decent initial pay with better advancement. I had to prematurely turn down the role due to accepting another opportunity but would have accepted otherwise.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to describe One Medical to a hypothetical person unfamiliar with the group. Normally not such difficult question but given the company's quirks, I would have practiced a clearer "pitch" of what they do.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online – interviewed at One Medical Group in August 2014.

I was emailed to set a schedule for a phone interview. It was a typical question and answer on what do you know about the company and your previous work. After the phone interview I was invited for an in-person interview with a different person. I was 10 mins. early and the interviewers are 25 minutes late with no apologies that I truly understand. I was first interviewed by two people, and I what I really noticed is that the other lady was obviously looked so bored that affected her seating posture that really bothered me. She throws a lot of questions on how much do you know the company and your previous experiences on your last job. A lot of "what if questions", "what will you do scenarios", "how you will handle this and that" the interviewer doesn't even know what I am applying for and had lost my resume. I kinda feel bad for that. They where not prepared.

After the first interview ended, the third interviewer comes in a hurry telling me "I don't have your resume can you give me one" and asked me two same questions as before and EVEN told me" we gotta wrap this up coz we are in a hurry" and walked me out of the office (seeing the two interviewers giggling at the table) then left me at the elevator. (I saw her walked back to the office making faces with the other interviewers). I felt bad after seeing that.

I did not get the job, telling me there was no position available for me. Maybe they just don't like me at first sight or they are having a bad day, but please be PROFESSIONAL when interviewing candidates we are giving our best and it is not easy for our part. We dress professionally, we studied your company, mentally and physically preparing ourselves for each interviews. I hope you do your part too.

Interview Questions
    • Your co-worker is doing unethical job on work, what will you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Found the job through craigslist on a Monday and was contacted for a phone interview on Friday. The interviewer was really nice and spoke highly about the company. Phone interview took about 15 minutes and I was asked to come in for an in-person interview the following Monday. I was interviewed right on the time I was scheduled for in one of their beautiful offices but with a different person from the phone. Interview took about 30 minutes where he asked a lot of odd questions that kind of threw me off. No questions were asked regarding my past experiences or resume. I have a degree and years of experience in customer service but the questions I was being asked had nothing to do with either. Needless to say, I was emailed the next day saying I was not being offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • If you won the lottery for a million dollars, what would you do with it? What would your biggest fan and enemy say about you? If working in a team, what is one thing you could work on that your teammate can probably do better? What interest you about One Medical Group? How would you describe One Medical Group?   Answer Question

Patient Care Advocate Interview

interviewed at One Medical Group in August 2014.

First Step:
    Online application with cover letter, resume, and response to around 5 questions

2nd Step: Phone Interview lasting about 10-15 minutes. (~3 business days after I submitted the application)
    Very basic questions such as tell me what you know about one medical group. What experiences have you had that will help you in this position?

3rd Step: In-Person Interview lasting ~1 hr
    1st half are general questions about your experience in customer service, behavioral questions, and impacts you've made in your previous work experiences.
    2nd half involves role playing scenarios in customer service: A person who comes in 20 minutes late wants you to squeeze them in for an appointment and you have to tell them that you cannot.

4th Step: "Shadow Day" ~6 hrs (I didn't get to this step, but they told me about what would happen during this day)
    Get the chance to go into the office to "try out" the job and interact with employees.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you failed. Tell us about a time you made a mistake. Tell us about a time you bent the rules. Tell me a joke.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at One Medical Group in July 2014.

Grueling. Initially, you have to fill out a questionnaire. If they're interested they'll email you for a phone interview. For the phone interview they give you a window of time of when they'll call, and lucky for me I waited by the phone in a silent room for an hour and they decided to call 5min later than the end of the specified time window, pretty unprofessional imo. After that I was invited for an inperson interview, which had I not asked she would have never told me where to go (interviewer was ready to hang up before I said, wait, where are we meeting?). The position I applied for was in one city and I was told to come to another. I thought confirmation emails in regards to date, time & location were common but they did no such thing. The in person interview ended up being over an hour long and with 3 different people. I was supposed to hear back by the end of the week and nothing ever came. I emailed again to follow up a week later and was told they wanted me to come in for a working interview, which meant I would have to spend the full day WORKING for them. By this point I'm pretty frustrated but try to schedule this working interview. I never received a response. It's been two weeks and they sent me a courtesy email to let me know the position was filled. THANKS. I tried to be optimistic because this company looks like they're heading in a good direction but their hiring department is terrible and the person who left a review who said not to waste your time was right. In addition to that, how can any job seeker who already has a job possibly find the time to make appointments for all these long pointless interviews?

I'd like to note that I was never told whether or not they wanted to offer me a position, they were so unorganized I just gave up.

Interview Questions
    • If I asked you to fill a bus with ping pong balls how would you go about doing it?   View Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

First, there was a brief phone interview. Basic questions about yourself and the company. Next, they bring you in for an all day interview with the team. You get to shadow team members as they go about their daily tasks. After 3-4 hours, one of the team members will take you out to lunch as you end the interview process. Fairly painful.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at One Medical Group in May 2014.

After submitting my application online, I got a 30 minute phone screen. I did well on the phone screen and was invited for an in-person interview. I met with 3 of the hiring managers, each interview was about 30-45 mins long. The first two asked the same type of questions. For example, "when is it okay to bend the rules?" "tell me a time when someone was mad at you?" "What have you failed at?" "Did you implement a new system to your old job that is currently still in use." The last hiring manager showed me the booking appointment software and walked me through it. Then we did a role play where she was a paint calling me to schedule an appointment. After that she gave me a sheet of paper with 3-4 questions regarding a fax that was sent to them about a patient. The questions were: "what is this about, what's the next step."

Was emailed about 8 days later with no offer.

Interview Questions
    • "tell me a joke"
      "you have to fill up a school bus with ping pong balls, how do you do it?"

Answer Question