OneAmerica Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.8

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at OneAmerica (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process lasted a total of 4 months and was switched between multiple positions while there were internal changes, ending with being placed in an entirely different role, different boss and different division

Interview Questions

• Why do your past work experiences qualify you to be the best candidate for this role?   Answer Question

Benefits Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at OneAmerica (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2015.

Interview

Following a phone interview with both the recruiter and hiring manager, I was asked to come in an meet with a panel of potential staff, and panel of peers and a panel of executives, including the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• The typical behavioral questions were asked with a deeper dive into job knowledge and skill set.   Answer Question

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OneAmerica (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Interviewed with 3 people, first HR and then two people including head of the department. Went fairly well, but seemed to focus too much on my personality than actual skills for the job.

Software Engineer(Sharepoint) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OneAmerica (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn.. Took around two weeks to respond.. They called me up and gave details of the interview process.. I was mailed saying that I needed to submit my resume.. There were four rounds.. This was different kind of interview it had four tables each with four people who were being interviewed. Each table had one interview and they would switch after 15 minutes. Lasted for 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• They were mostly management and behavioral question.   1 Answer

Java/ETL Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at OneAmerica (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Was originally contacted by internal recruiter for a phone screen. Very personable individual who represented the company very well. Was eventually brought on-site to interview 1:1 with the hiring manager for the position. He was very intelligent and once again represented a very desirable view of the company and its outlook. Recruiter provided feedback and was always easily accessible by telephone or email in regards to status for the position. Would highly recommend this company to anyone looking for meaningful employment.

Interview Questions

• Questions were pretty straight forward. In IT you either know it or you don't. Management interviewing is extremely competent.   Answer Question

Pay was very generous for position. I had unfortunately already accepted another position and wanted to honor that commitment. Should a need for employment arise again OneAmerica is the only company in Indianapolis I will be looking at. A+ recruitment and great management.

ETL Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OneAmerica (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2014.

Interview

Had a typical phone interview with someone from HR who was quite nice, and very helpful. I was called back for an in person interview that lasted about an hour and a half. I met with three different people. The first was with a vice president who worked here way through a script of soft skills questions. The second was a president who didn't seem to have a script, and we just made general conversation about the position and my background. The third interview was with the hiring manager. I noticed he had a script, but he didn't really work off of it, he just asked fairly general technical questions. I would have overall rated it a positive experience except for one thing. They never got back to me. No email, no call, no rejection letter. Nothing. I just found that to be incredibly unprofessional and rude for such a large organization.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at OneAmerica (Indianapolis, IN) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position and was contacted very quickly by an internal recruiter. She sold me very quickly on the position and the company, especially the company. The problem was the hiring manager. It took forever to get the phone interview arranged, she supposedly was traveling a lot. I had to take time off from work to meet the scheduled time, then she failed to call. It wasn't until the following week that I got an explanation, she supposedly had a problem with her calendar. (Someone in leaderrship can't manage their calendar?) It took a week and a half to get it rescheduled, the internal recruiter was mortified at the miss. The interview questions were all softball, nothing challenging. The hiring manager didn't really seem to know what she wanted. It took a month to get a response from her after the interview, I was rejected. That was probably a blessing in disguise. While the hiring manager was a dud, the internal recruiter was extremely professional and represented her company well!

IT Vendor Manager, Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OneAmerica (Indianapolis, IN) in July 2014.

Interview

There was a phone screen with HR that was very pleasant and professional and I was immediately told that I would be recommended for an onsite interview. I interviewed with the VP, Manager and a peer in one appointment. About a week afterwards, I received feedback and an offer. Overall it was a good experience.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at OneAmerica (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied in mid-May and got an email requesting a phone interview 3 weeks later. Had a great phone interview and it went dark after. The interview lasted about 15 minutes and the HR rep knew his stuff, which impressed me. Beyond that, not all that much to say.....

IT JavaScript Itern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OneAmerica (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied through College website and within 2 weeks got a call. It was a basic 15-min phone interview. Within 3 days I received an email saying that I have been called to the office for the interview process. There were 3 interviews in all, total of 1 hour and 45 minutes. The first interview was taken by assistant vice president and the rest by systems managers. It was basic HR questions throughout, asked me about my previous projects and my technical know how about various languages.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions asked apart from HR and project related questions   Answer Question