OneAmerica Interview Questions

Updated Sep 26, 2014

2.8

Vice President Infrastructure and Strategic Sourcing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at OneAmerica in August 2014.

I applied for the position and was contacted very quickly by an internal recruiter. She sold me very quickly on the position and the company, especially the company. The problem was the hiring manager. It took forever to get the phone interview arranged, she supposedly was traveling a lot. I had to take time off from work to meet the scheduled time, then she failed to call. It wasn't until the following week that I got an explanation, she supposedly had a problem with her calendar. (Someone in leaderrship can't manage their calendar?) It took a week and a half to get it rescheduled, the internal recruiter was mortified at the miss.

The interview questions were all softball, nothing challenging. The hiring manager didn't really seem to know what she wanted. It took a month to get a response from her after the interview, I was rejected. That was probably a blessing in disguise.

While the hiring manager was a dud, the internal recruiter was extremely professional and represented her company well!

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at OneAmerica in June 2014.

Applied in mid-May and got an email requesting a phone interview 3 weeks later. Had a great phone interview and it went dark after. The interview lasted about 15 minutes and the HR rep knew his stuff, which impressed me. Beyond that, not all that much to say.....

IT JavaScript Itern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at OneAmerica in February 2014.

Applied through College website and within 2 weeks got a call. It was a basic 15-min phone interview. Within 3 days I received an email saying that I have been called to the office for the interview process. There were 3 interviews in all, total of 1 hour and 45 minutes. The first interview was taken by assistant vice president and the rest by systems managers. It was basic HR questions throughout, asked me about my previous projects and my technical know how about various languages.

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions asked apart from HR and project related questions   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at OneAmerica.

Had a phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • Your Long term goal and how is it aligned with given position   View Answer
    Simple

Financial Leadership Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at OneAmerica in August 2013.

After I applied I had an over the phone interview which was very basic and roughly 10 - 15 minutes. After this interview I was scheduled for an in person interview that lasted two hours and consisted of three interviews. One with an HR representative, one with a middle manager in the department I would be working with and one with the boss of the department. The questions were pretty standard interview questions about myself, my work and education history, my interests, and my strengths/weaknesses. There were no technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest weakness? The boss of the department wants to find out if you can improve on your weaknesses and how you have accomplished that.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation on pay or benefits because I was a co-op student, but I was able to negotiate to work close to 40 hours a week from the original 25 they offered.

Might BE A Great Place to Work the Interview Process, Not So Much Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at OneAmerica.

Went through a total of around 5 reviews. Two of them I had to take off the day from work since they lasted the whole day. I didn't hear back from HR till I begged for an update, then they said they went with the other candidate. Felt like my time was wasted and the scheduling of these interviews was horrendous. They even got one of the days mixed around and had to cancel last minute. So actually I took off three days from my current job. They need to hire more HR people to help with this.

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at OneAmerica in March 2013.

3 Rounds
    1st - Phone Screening - HR takes this interview
    2nd - On Site - Generally Manager of a team accompanied by a developer takes the interview
    3rd - On Site - HR

Occasionally, if there are openings for more than one team, you can expect an additional round of interview

In my case, I was interviewed for 2 different teams. So I had an extra round of interview

Corporate Planning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at OneAmerica in March 2011.

Had a 20 minute phone interview with the Employment Consultant at OneAmerica. It was a short interview and just went over basic questions about my self along with describing the job. Received an Email 8 days later inviting me to three interview sessions. One with the Employment Consultant, One with an employee within the Finance Department, and a final interview with the head of the finance department. The first interview was very question answer based while the next two were conversation based.

Interview Questions
    • How would you respond if I asked you if the report being turned in was accurate?   View Answer